Reviews for Gothic
Virginia May chapter 29 . 5/2
And... maybe I dislike this ending because it's not the ending? I see reviews for Chapters that do not exist so I assume something has been taken down. Pity.
Virginia May chapter 29 . 5/2
Hmm, personally without the promised epilogue, I think this story and its readers only suffer for the final chapter. It was 5 of 5 until now. But whay do I know? Maybe I'm just not cerebral enough to enjoy this kind of thing.
NeeNee246 chapter 3 . 12/26/2020
OH MY! ;)
figglypudding chapter 28 . 10/14/2020
man this was such a great read. it made be feel all kinds of things, both fantastic and horrible, and at the end of the day that's all i really want from a story. if it doesn’t make me cycle through the full spectrum of emotion at least twice a chapter then i dont want it. there were some minor flaws of course, but i just feel like that made it seem so much more realistic. more so about bella and her trauma and her interactions with edward. and im a big fan of that kinda realism.
im sad that it's over bc i really like this world and your writing. this story had been sitting in my favorites for i think years but i never bother to make it past the intro. so glad i finally did. thank you for giving us this.
figglypudding chapter 27 . 10/13/2020
i'm proud of bella for finally voicing the effect he had on her. that's such a massive deal. the way she said it, just "you hurt me," with her voice breaking, was really beautiful. brief but highly effective. and true. i reread that line a lot.

on another note, how did seth know to get to the warehouse? i kinda suspect him tbh. i dont trust anyone until we know for sure that bree and tanyas murderer and the letter sender/animal killer are all the same person(s)
figglypudding chapter 26 . 10/13/2020
i knew it! kinda. i didn't know maria would be victoria but i knew maria would be guilty and that she'd be esme's stolen niece
figglypudding chapter 24 . 10/13/2020
why didn't edward tell jacob about maria stabbing eric as more proof she's maniacal.
also, edward is still such a fucking jerk. he acts like he understands the effects of his verbal abuse of bella in his head, but he clearly doesn't, given that he had the audacity to try to kiss her and then get frustrated when she was confused/angry , saying "you can't be that stupid" when she claimed he was fucking with her. how hard would it be for her to reach that conclusion considering he spent years psychologically assaulting her? what a fucking cunt
figglypudding chapter 20 . 10/13/2020
oh. fuck. i KNEW bree was dead. and now edward AND bella are in trouble. edward def called bella over and over bc he was taken into custody for questioning. and someone def messed with bella's car.

also as a side note, what alice said to bella was horrible but i really cant judge her until i know more about what's wrong with her, behaviorally speaking.
edward is a dick for how he handled the pictured but clearly they freaked him out. i think they reminded him of bella being dead. or of dead animals? like the mystery kiiler? hmmmm.

anyone is on my list at this point. and fuck, does bella have an alibi? also , what happened to the random letters bella consistently receives supposedly? we've only seen one
figglypudding chapter 19 . 10/12/2020
something's up with bree being missing. maybe she's been taken by the serial killer.
figglypudding chapter 14 . 10/7/2020
maria is edward's cousin. tho she sounds latina like canon. but she could easily be half bc we dont know if elizabeth's baby daddy was actually charles. and charles himself could be latino despite the name.
why did bella never mention leah telling her about maria to edward? why didn't we at least see her connecting that the "mary" leah referred to was the "maria" edward referred to when he told the college story?
figglypudding chapter 13 . 10/7/2020
"you know the conviction rate for rape would be a lot higher if women would stop trying to protect their attackers" edward really is the prickiest of pricks, isn't he
figglypudding chapter 10 . 10/6/2020
that letter to the editor was hysterical. and completely justified. completely wiped away any doubts i had about the fact that bella is supposed to be a guarded asshole who refuses to admit she's living a lie to protect herself and edward is supposed to be an obsessed idiot who still hasn't properly seen how wrong he was in the past despite his claims otherwise. i'll unnecessarily defend myself and say i never wanted a rom com; i know the title of the story is as it is for a reason. i was just taken aback by just how cold bella is. well not is. but acts. but trauma is a frigid i stand by my statement that im wary to learn of bella and his actual pasts bc everything is hinting that it was seriously fucked up and that'll just leave me pissed at him and pissed at bella for forgiving him when she most likely will
figglypudding chapter 9 . 10/6/2020
1. no way this bella would hop into bed with edward so fast, even if it's just to ~conserve body warmth~ 2. edward's a dick for judging strippers and bella's take is surprisingly non problematic 3. eric's scar? what the fuck kind of high school was this. this is like some "it" levels cruelty. some 1950-90s , pre widespread bullying programs levels of sadism amongst high schoolers. horrifying. honestly don't blame him for his vicious views on tanya's death
figglypudding chapter 6 . 10/5/2020
..wow. edward implying that reverse racism exists. bella claiming she's Cherokee bc she's ~8%~. edward claiming being anti-rich people is classist. it's like edward is a white hypocritical self righteous centrist dem from hell and bella is a white hypocritical self righteous liberal from hell. this is definitely keeping in the early 2000s spirit

not to mention edward stupidly thinking bella has a grudge is ridiculous. and bella stupidly thinking she doesn't have a grudge in the first place

they're both insufferable. but that's the point... i hope
figglypudding chapter 5 . 10/5/2020
love seeing bella's facade and indifference start to fade. from "just following the rules, i dont actually care. i only plan parties so that i look like i care" to "i plan birthdays so people never feel like they're forgotten. i fill in awkward pauses with awkward words so people can offload their discomfort onto me". it's ironic that her whole life is a carefully staged performance but she insists to herself and those around her that she doesn't care. but it's mostly sad. bc of how those of her past treated her to cause this
2,726 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »