Reviews for Under the Radar
WalkersCrown chapter 27 . 5/9
I find angst... boring and I just skip it... this story is great tho
April-Showers82 chapter 33 . 4/4
A spectacular job! It definitely had me thinking and agreeing with you on so many points. Now, I wondering if the same could be said of Goku. Indeed a great read from start to finish.
Anon chapter 33 . 10/21/2020
Wow... To quote Yamcha: Gohan, you dog!
Tenjo chapter 4 . 10/2/2020
Putting the jokes and anime tropes aside, Chichi is undeniably the worst non-evil mother in any fictional story... EVER. She may not hate her kids and she does raise them but it’s clear that she doesn’t even care enough to notice that they are unhappy with the life she forces on them. Add on that most of her issues stem from them being aliens (if anyone’s fault it’s hers for choosing to wed Goku; not the kids’), basically alienating her own kids by making them feel as though one half of their heritage is undesirable and you’ve got yourself a mother who probably means well but is too selfish and ignorant, resulting in severe emotional neglect and even mild physical abuse when she doesn’t get her way.
Tenjo chapter 1 . 9/29/2020
I just realised something... in Videl’s musings at the end she admits lying to Gohan about dropping her unwarranted invasions of privacy was wrong after which she immediately makes a plan that does the same thing, only much worse. She’s going to pretend to be his friend just to get information on him that she isn’t entitled to?

What happened to her feeling guilty and sleazy about lying to him to get information? Forget the lack of self awareness in that decision, she’s planning on playing with his feelings simply because she WANTS to know things about him that just aren’t her business. That’s horrible.
fictionmaster64 chapter 3 . 9/15/2020
That leguage sounded slavic, western slavic, Polish or Czech...
Kuro.435 chapter 2 . 8/15/2020
What the hell happened? It was too sudden
Tenjo chapter 6 . 5/31/2020
That’s sad. I know it didn’t bother Gohan all that much as he himself has no romantic feelings for Videl yet, but the realisation that she likes you... just not YOU, would suck. Imagine being jealous of yourself? Feeling inferior to yourself? That’d be many times worse than being jealous of someone else.
babyvegeta chapter 33 . 5/3/2020
Rrading this in 2020. Started anime with DBZ as a kid and always felt that GohVid was the only pair worth imagining a flowery romantic story about(VegBul is more of the angst type because of the prince of saiyans-princess of earth thing). I've read and watched a lot more manga through the years. I'm a grown ass man(26) and I LOVE shojo manga. I think you made a very decent story out of this one, something a shojo mangaka would have been proud to present. I take the liberty to compare this to manga like Marmalade Boy. Great job.
kavoss chapter 7 . 5/2/2020
we're happy for you. congratulations!
kavoss chapter 6 . 5/2/2020
Fuck yeah
Guest chapter 33 . 3/27/2020
Can u like continue the story. Like what's happens during the buy saga for them
RoxaShadow chapter 33 . 9/1/2019
Just finished here and I have to say, there was some real talent displayed here. the ideas were creative, gohans rage becoming a plot point was new and fresh and I actually enjoyed it for the most part.
However, there were a bunch of bits where I wishes the pacing was more focused. The fangirling was a serious distraction and at times pulled out of the scene, reminding me that I was reading a fanfiction yet again. It's fine to acknowledge those bits in the AN... but for the quality of work here...I quickly grew tired of them.

Also, I feel like you sacrificed videls character a bit for the plot. For her 'detective mind' as you put it, she sure is dense isnt she? I forgave this for awhile because I understand that part of the draw is that she's figuring it out, and I liked how you revealed Saiyan man...but then we hit the big golden fighter reveal and I just rolled my eyes at her reaction. It felt over the top and unbelievable. I really started to dislike the character here and the pairing as a result was strained. The conflict didn't feel real. It felt artificial and forced, which is what I felt it was.
Towards the end there I started to skip over entire paragraphs because I was just trying to FINALLY get to the resolution we all know was coming. It started to get annoying and unrealistic.

Overall...I felt like it was definitely good, but had some glaring flaws that I just couldn't ignore. Thank you for the story.
RoxaShadow chapter 24 . 8/31/2019