Reviews for Treading Water
iam.theartofcake chapter 24 . 7/18
Oh man. What a way to end a chapter! Poor Danno. Hopefully, things start looking up for him (but we all know that isn't going to happenI love this fic's take on the mer!Danny au! I'm also left wondering when he'll retrieve his backpack. Keep up the awesome work, and thanks so much for sharing this! Have a wonderful day/night!
quaddles chapter 24 . 6/5
quaddles chapter 24 . 6/5
i miss you and i miss this storyjust wanted to let you know.
Blitza chapter 24 . 5/18
I just finished reading this story from start to finish and it is amazing! like, totally cool! I love it? However, I am interested in seeing more interaction between Danny and the merfolk. In the first few chapters we got to see a lot of culture clash and interesting politics. I know the main story is Danny and being a hero, but unless I'm mistaken, he is going to need to prove himself to the empress and her people as well. Does that occur once the siren submarine is finished or will there be more interaction and culture clash in the near future?
erica.phoenix16 chapter 2 . 5/16
Please update soon.
roseofalltrades chapter 20 . 4/24
ples come back
Pineapplebombgirl chapter 24 . 4/19
Ahhh I know it's been a year since you updated this but holy cow this is so good! I love it. It's well written and the world building has been done beautifully. Plus everyone's in character and you're done a good job of making every chapter interesting and well paced.
It’s been a year! I just read everything in less than 5 hours and now I need more! Please update! :’(
Yes! I was hoping you would give the mermaids webbed fingers and other non-human traits. I don't like it when mermaids are just like humans with fish tails. I especially like the way you described Kaima talking.
SuperSarcosmic chapter 22 . 3/8
Poikilotherm! I love it. Thanks for teaching us a neat, relevant word, Catastrophe-senseiiiii. It's really great to understand Danny's mer-anatomy more. Like, the lungs converting to a... a buoyancy sac? That's brilliant.

I'm glad Tucker and Danny have made up and apparently seamlessly accepted Sam into their group now. That's a relief. And seeing Danny get better and more creative with his hydrokinesis has been so satisfying!

Before I forget again, my main complaint so far is how you characterize Jazz seems OOC, at least from her canonical personality. She didn't seem like the annoyed older sibling bothered by her brother all the time in the show, she just seemed like a concerned, occasionally oblivious parent. That said, I appreciate how they still have their sibling moments and silent communication, and from her outburst at the beach, it's obvious she still cares about him a lot. So, it's still a solid relationship, just different than what I expected.
SuperSarcosmic chapter 13 . 3/8
I wanted to bash my head on the table in excitement when I got to the Triton moon thing. I'm a space nerd too, so every little mention of Danny's space obsession makes me infinitely happy, haha.

And all the (possibly unintentional but probably intended) water puns in the narration, and the "wanting to dissolve into bubbles" thing possibly referencing the original Little Mermaid! I died!

I really appreciate how you write Sam, too. I can't be surprised Danny's not outright telling her who he is, but ahh, it hurts to see him lie to her and live this double life, haha. Wondering how you'll handle the reveal to her.
SuperSarcosmic chapter 10 . 3/7
I seriously love the way you write Tucker and his interactions with Danny. The part where he snagged Danny's foot and his various lines throughout the story have made me sputter or laugh out loud a few times already.

The way you acutely tune into how belittled and ridiculed Danny often feels is nice; it feels like people overlook or downplay that aspect. But I really appreciate your take on his school and familial relationships thus far.

Not to mention, I dig the OCs and how they're written. Like, how Kaima indignantly defended her "treasure"-hunting hobby as something "not just for guppies," I... I died. That's so precious.
SuperSarcosmic chapter 5 . 3/7
I'm absolutely giddy over this chapter, holy heck. The long transformation triggered by water is such a cool, more satisfying idea, especially with how many more visual physical changes Danny'd have to go through. It's gotta suck though, poor guy can't even transform at will now.

This is one of the first mer AUs I've read and I really enjoy your writing and story overall. Will try to not review literally every single chapter, haha!
Black Sun Upon An Icy Sky chapter 24 . 2/10
Ok, I just binged this story in one go and can't believe you left it like that for a year T_T

It's soo good and I need more of this! Pretty please? :D
Wrennie10 chapter 1 . 2/2
I didn’t understand how you could turn Danny into a merman and make it a story but I love this. I really appreciate what you’ve done with the characters.
Keep Being Awesome!