Reviews for The Search for Victory
SidheWolf5 chapter 1 . 11/7/2023
Coming through for a second read, right after finishing the first. I know you finished this 9 years ago, but I just found it and it's brilliant! You did such a wonderful job of capturing the characters (perfect!) and how they would interact (fabulous!). And later, the Stark Industries scientists named after the Dr. Who actors! I was dying! Dying I tell you! I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't breathe. Actually, there were a number of places where that happened. At any rate, thank you for writing this and sharing it!
SFD chapter 22 . 7/4/2023
Honestly?
Earth is in imminent danger. They just found this wonder-ship, with a weapon which MIGHT be useful against the Ori. They can be in Earth orbit in minutes (Aurora class cross space between galaxies in a handful of hours - this one should be even faster), then you make them go to a rendezvous point and wait more than an hour, for a few Ha'tak ships, that will only slow them down, and have no weapon to even make the Ori notice?
cameron1812 chapter 38 . 7/1/2023
This has been a wild ride and a privilege to read, thank you!
cameron1812 chapter 23 . 6/30/2023
This chapter feels like Harry Potter just broke the statute of secrecy lol. Loved Everhart's expose and the scientists!
cameron1812 chapter 3 . 6/29/2023
Best opening meeting act!
cameron1812 chapter 2 . 6/29/2023
Darth Marrs recommended this story and two chapters in, I am totally hooked and I get itTwo of my fav fandoms together at last, and so well writtenthe plotlines are already coming together and I love it!
abraxas01 chapter 22 . 12/12/2022
Ok, I need to point out that a transport would not be designated as BC. The BC in BC304 means Battlecruiser. Going by Air Force nomenclature B designates a bomber (B-17, B-52, B-1 etc) A designates an Attack aircraft such as the A-10, Fighters with an F and transports with a C.
Gregary Fritsch chapter 22 . 5/8/2022
BC-305 is the battleship design.
Monster King chapter 38 . 8/21/2021
Awesome story
RDDash chapter 15 . 8/18/2021
Tried to read it, but ended up kind of boring
Lerris chapter 37 . 7/28/2021
It looks like I read this originally four years ago. It remains a good story. Thanks for writing it. Still, ultimately it is largely all about building up to this final epic battle. When everyone's back against the wall and the survival of the planet is no longer abstract, well everyone can come together. Another story might be the story after, when the evil of certain politicians and world leaders runs amuck, when many words are crafted not for the good of the world, but to manipulate the many for the good of the few.
Lerris chapter 23 . 7/27/2021
Character count may be a concern for this story. On a side note, while it makes perfect sense for Tony to buy satellite internet from every company that provides it, it does not make sense that he would skip land lines. The land lines are much faster and have much lower latency. Satellite/cellular/etc would be more of an emergency fail-over type thing.
Lerris chapter 19 . 7/27/2021
I'm ending up skimming a fair amount, but at any rate, one clarification you may want to make is treason is essentially a crime that you have to try exceptionally hard to commit by the legal definition in the US. From a web site, "In other words, the Constitution requires both concrete action and an intent to betray the nation before a citizen can be convicted of treason; expressing traitorous thoughts or intentions alone does not suffice." Basically Daniel is in no way committing treason. That is not to say that he is safe from potential jail time, but its not Treason.

Even if you went by the more conventional definition, Daniel would not be guilty of treason. One could argue that certain politicians are guilty of betraying the core principles of democracy, and thus could be considered guilty of the common meaning, but that is not the legal standard.
TheVampireStrahd chapter 38 . 6/19/2021
Someone recommended this story and I'm so glad I followed that recommendation. Spent three days binge reading this fic and i really enjoyed it! Great job!

I do hope you still will write a sequel.
ashika pl chapter 1 . 5/5/2021
Okay, time for some proper review, since I've finally read this gem.
What can I say, I don't even know Stargate, only Avengers, and still think this is one of the best sci-fi pieces I've ever read, all the 'proper' books included. The narration is incredibly compelling, you can see the author knows all the tricks to make an engaging story, the humour is brilliant, the suspence perfect, lots of very well written action, very elegant and clever answers to some questions (like why supersoldier serum worked well only on Steve or how to reconciliate two different Asgards from both universes). Also there are lotsa characters! Of course not everyone has the same screentime, but even the small scenes with them are very well thought of, add to the general atmosphere aand don't leave you with a sense of lacking or mistreating your fav that has happened not to become the main character ;). To sum up, I love it with all my heart. And it's finished, the rarity of that!
Okay, admittedly there are some slight illogicalities here and there (like Steve surprised to hear about other dimensions though couple of chapters before he was sneaking in an alternate dimension) and sometimes the facts are wrong (for example bodies don't explode in space), but the story is so compelling you're gonna ignore it even if you're a nitpicker. So, go read it!