Reviews for Persephone
Fus Ro Duh chapter 43 . 10/11
Wow, just wow, I am impressed with this fic. You made the character feel... alive. I felt Astrid's panic and anger at the very begining, I felt Hiccup's anger during his fight with Valka, I felt Stoick's regret near the end, and I felt the hope for a better future everybody felt at the end. In this story, there was no real black and white 'bad guy' until the Red Death. Every character was a person, capable of making mistakes, but also containing the potential for greatness.

Another thing that impressed me was how you made even the lemon scenes feel important, because they were. When most authors add lemons, its because they just want to, or because the fanbase demands it, and I have only seen a few examples of lemon scenes adding to the story.

My only complaints are how the dragons themselves don't seem to help that much by being them. In some cases, it felt like Toothless could have been replaced with another (non-existant) night fury loyal to Hiccup and it wouldn't have changed much of the actual story. Just my observations though, and if I'm wrong, oh well!

I sincerly hope to see more of your work in the future, and hope you don't ever stop writing. You are an amazing author, and if you ever publish an original work I expect to hear about it.
Your fan,
Fus Ro Duh
Emiilie chapter 43 . 10/3
The best fanfiction I ever read in my life. Thank you for such a beautiful story and for making my heart mealt every chapter. I wish you a good recovery from your accident and I'm gonna think of you when someone ask me about what a wonderful story look like.
Love, Émi from Canada.
Grim T Reaper chapter 43 . 10/1
This was a nice way to end this story, sorry it took me so long to review.
Tomiya Shiro chapter 7 . 9/29
This chapter was REALLY well done.
TruTiger chapter 43 . 9/27
I really loved reading through this. While I at first did not like the way Hiccup turned out, I realised it was a very plausible situation should he have actually done so. The character development was quite good, and the fact that Hiccup had relapses was something I really liked, because I felt it added a sense of realism. I can only say that this has been one of the few stories I have reviewed, so please take this as encouragement and keep writing. I look forward to seeing more of you.
Amazing. Absolutely beautiful. One of my favorite stories I’ve read so far! It felt realistic and the struggles made the end that much more satisfying! Absolutely love it!
LOVE JABSJKADHJSHD
phirethorn8 chapter 43 . 9/24
I really enjoyed reading this. I think the best part was the honest way you treated the interpersonal relationships—there was a lot of arguing and fighting before the happy ending—just like in real life. Kudos!
Dragonjek chapter 43 . 9/20
Amazing job! I've loved reading this story. It's the type of approach to a fandom that I love to see.
Dragonjek chapter 36 . 9/16
I think I see what you're doing here (making Stoick's position more sympathetic), but I don't think I really agree with it. Nothing about Hiccup from either the movie nor this story have really painted him as the proverbial "boy who cried wolf", nor as the spoiled child he's depicted he is here depicted as having been. Up until this point we've had every indication that Stoick never gave any real consideration to what his son said (although having said that, I can see a kid acting up for attention once their parent moves on from doting on *them* to demanding them be the son they want them to be, but that they can't).

It wouldn't be as bad if there wasn't more of this having been built up before now, but by and large this just came out of the blue. I think I get what you were trying to do and don't have a real problem with the idea of it, but it was too much, too suddenly. Like... retroactively giving him a character flaw, or picking apart what had been minor points into something much worse than it had been shown to be.

Although I do agree that Stoick can't really be blamed for putting Hiccup into Dragon Training (even if Hiccup did start complaining about that, it could be taken as a sign of his growing maturity and awareness of his limits-which would be a good sign that he was, in fact, ready for the training).

But if Hiccup had tried to actually say the reason he didn't want to partake of the training? Toothless would definitely be dead, and while I don't think Stoick would disown Hiccup if confronted in that manner he would definitely be grounded for eternity... not that it would matter much, as he wouldn't have much reason to leave anymore in the first place.
Dragonjek chapter 12 . 9/14
Moments like this make me wish this website supported emojis.
Dragonjek chapter 7 . 9/14
Good job with Hiccup's remorse here. I think that if anyone was still doubtful about his actions back in chapter 3, this would definitely let them see him in a better light. That kind of self-recrimination does a lot.
Dragonjek chapter 5 . 9/14
I hope something eventful happens. I get why she's the one backing off in confrontations, but there's a sad lacking of badassery occurring on Astrid's part.
Dragonjek chapter 4 . 9/14
Good job explaining the different behaviors of dragons during raids.
Dragonjek chapter 3 . 9/14
Wow. That's... pretty assholish. Extra special credit to his response to her (well-deserved, honestly, even if only some of it is actually his fault) rant.
I see that Toothless hasn't become an Alpha yet, though. That's good... raises up potential for later.
3,434 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »