Reviews for A Voice Across the Void
Very good! I really want this to continue.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/13/2017
Very enjoyable! This is my second read through it.
RandomGuest chapter 10 . 6/6/2017
Wow. This was very good. Thanks for writing it.

I get that the scene with Krava getting the intuition that ran counter to her jedi mental training was supposed to be the force doing what [holocron lady whose name I don't remember] said it would, interfering with the world or people's minds to destroy possibilities of peace (Noval's plans), but what was the scene with Reena supposed to signify? She does her best to become an automaton, succeeds, and becomes a god at the force? Hopefully this is answered in the sequel.

Again, awesome story.
StarlightVista chapter 10 . 4/29/2017
wow, it's really good. thanks for writing this.
StarlightVista chapter 10 . 4/28/2017
wow, it's really good. thanks for writing this.
Guest chapter 10 . 2/2/2017
A very good read! Good writing and great characters :)
TacticalTunic chapter 10 . 12/28/2016
I feel it needs to be said that the teachings of the canon Jedi order are basically badly explained Buddhism, as George Lucas is himself a follower of such beliefs. The Jedi way is not to suppress one's emotions but to rise above them, to deal with them and one's pain in a rational way. That those who have noble goals and are willing to sink to any level to achieve them often become very good murderers and often do not achieve what they set out to do. In the question of deontological ethics and utilitarian ethics there is utility in maintaining deontology. We are not gods, aware of every effect of what we do, a repulsive act is more likely to create a repulsive response, and to embrace such corruption as a more expedient path is to make that corruption a part of oneself. Fear of death causes one to attempt to dominate everything around them to create the illusion of control, to kill to believe they are master over their own death. This is amplified by the force which gives one a small amount of control and knowledge. The force itself does not strive for anything, it is merely a reflection of us, in times of peace we think of conflict and in times of conflict the majority caught in the middle desire peace.
yargolancelot chapter 5 . 12/23/2016
KILL ALL NOBLES!
yargolancelot chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
I'm amazed, this is really great.
gabe.d.clark.1997 chapter 10 . 11/4/2016
Let the body surfing begin!
gabe.d.clark.1997 chapter 5 . 11/4/2016
Kill them all! or something along those lines... Maybe around 10 deaths to remove the current royals and blame it on another noble family with blood-ties, maybe free that one prince after the fact and help him start a small civil war to kill off the other nobles that would attempt to fill the power vacuum, once that is complete then sue for peace, rinse and repeat for the other faction.

Or maybe something romeo and juliet style, without their deaths of course.
gabe.d.clark.1997 chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
Even if it is not the original the fact that it has a sense of self means it is sentient. Jedi are really good at lying to themselves, aren't they?
Guest chapter 10 . 9/5/2016
Love it,

I always wanted to write a book in which the main carakter was slowly but surely seduced to the other side while simultaniously making the reader accept it, even embrace it and root for a continuation of the path to become "evil"

While i kannot tell yet, if that is the direction u are going in, it's just because we have too little information yet to foretell his future choices, encounters, whether he will be steadyfast or succumb to the temptations of the dark side.
Whether he is fooling himself or acctually walking the thin line between light and dark.

Cant wait for a sequel, i hope u find the motivation to continue
Acidmind chapter 10 . 8/8/2016
Totes mah headcannon. Plz write moar.
Sophronius chapter 10 . 7/27/2016
Very cool rational star wars fic! Was very nice to read a different take on the Star Wars universe, and of course I loved the sith holocron as a character (I didn't recognize her until you pulled the "ah, now you are learning" line.) A few quibbles:

-Why was Zorian so accepting of the Holocron's temptations? He is supposed to be a rational character, but a ominous voice tells him to kill dozens of people, and he just goes "okay!". I would have expected much more reluctance before he places the bomb and kills all those people, but in fact I don't read any emotion from him at all. I know he's a jedi and all, but still.

-Many characters were acting strangely near the end, but why? Were they manipulated by the force, or by the holocron, or... what? I still can't tell.

-I was surprised when the story ended: A natural ending would have been after Noval becomes her apprentice, but the story kept going for a whole chapter so I figured it would keep going, but then it just stopped.

Anyway, thanks again for writing the story! More rational fics are always great to see.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »