Reviews for I Never Knew
daithi4377 chapter 19 . 7/9
I wonder if a shield charm would have worked...remember Remus was the first halfway decent DADA teacher they have had so far lol.
daithi4377 chapter 18 . 7/9
I have a feeling that essay will not be Draco’s only punishment from Severus. I wonder if Severus would be upset with his godson if he had been hurt as per canon if Harry hadn’t if pushed him out of the way like he did, would he be as upset with Draco as he was with Harry?
daithi4377 chapter 17 . 7/9
If you think about is his so called obsession with Lily really an obsession. You have a little boy that is abused by a drunk father has no friends and finally meets a little girl that has magic like him. He met her before Hogwarts and she was pretty much all he had. He gets to Hogwarts and they are separated into different houses then spends seven years being pranked and harm and once almost killed by four boys who thinks he shouldn’t be friends with her. At a very vulnerable time in his development he met a child that accepted him for being himself and then was pretty much tore away from him so no I don’t think it was an obsession more as a friend and a comfort for a lonely little boy. He really should have been put into Ravensclaw and I bet he wouldn’t have had half the problems with the Mauraders or the Death Eaters in school lol.
That nod between Blaise and Harry was acknowledgement of why they both were there to see Severus wasn’t it? I wonder if Severus is the only teacher who stays up all night that first night to comfort and heal his students?
daithi4377 chapter 16 . 7/9
Did Harry ever give Severus the Treacle Fudge he bought for him in Diagon Alley? Does no one realize that Dementors bring out your worst memories and...oh I don’t know having your mum murdered right in front of you and then the person trying to do the same to you immediately after that may be a bad memory huh? That doesn’t even include all the abuse over the last twelve years lol.
daithi4377 chapter 15 . 7/9
Nvm is such a sweetie and is perfect for Harry she’s young enough that she doesn’t mind playing games with Harry but old enough to understand when he talks to her.
Did Molly run to Dumbledore because she wanted to get Severus in trouble so that she could take Harry or because she was actually worried about Harry. Though nine times out of ten Molly doesn’t really see Harry just a future son in law and bank account lol.
As to Draco I think it will come down to just how jealous he gets about Harry being a ward of his godfather. I also find it ironic that Severus doesn’t think about what the common belief about Sirius is. He was supposedly disowned from his family for going to the lions den in school...he was never away from James Potter side all through school but most of all if Sirius was Voldemort’s marked right hand man why did none of the Death Eaters know? Granted not all the death eaters identities were known but a spy really should know who the most important were especially the right and left hand men, even Karkaroff never named Sirius when he named his lust of Death Eaters. Peter got away with it because while he was marked he was so far down the totem pole as to be buried in the ground unseen lol.
daithi4377 chapter 14 . 7/9
How did Sirius find them outside the Leaky Cauldron? As embarrassing as it was for Harry I don’t think anything else would have calmed Ron’s bigotry against Severus and Slytherins as a whole than that incident right there lol.
daithi4377 chapter 13 . 7/9
Did Dumbledore know that it was as bad as it was probably not but he knew Garry was being abused why else would a child ask to stay at a school all year around? If it had been anyone but the BWL that showed up extremely tiny, stuck thin wearing clothes multiple sizes to big for him and flinches every time someone raises their voice or hand the staff would have determined right away he was from an abusive home. Poppy more than anyone else should have seen it because with all the injuries he has had there has got to be at least one time where she had to have seen that he was a skeleton with skin stretched over the bones.
Poor Harry scaring the House elves and having them pop hysterically to Severus, that was funny.
klr16333 chapter 26 . 7/6
I really like this. I’ve binged it in 2 days. Please continue!
Chrissysmiles chapter 26 . 6/27
First of all congratulations!
Second, this is the anniversary of the death of Harry's parents and Severus best friend curious that neither one mentioned this.
I bet Severus is happy that Harry is grounded as it is one less fight to have by having Harry out of the tower and in his quarters.
I often wondered if Draco was one of those Slytherin kids that were also abused by his father. JK kind of implied it with her writing by the cold way his father reacted to him and the way Draco responded to that tone. So when you asked your readers some chapters ago I thought he would be the student that would share this with Harry.
Blaise is smart in connecting the dots, Severus as a spy should have known this would have happened. One of the casualties of caring about another is the guard will slip. How will this affect his duty in the future?
One thing Harry had never questioned in the fact that no one knew, is that not one person questioned his small stature, the way he was found by Hagrid his first year to look at his home life. Why did it take him almost dying in year 3? Where was the help in year one?
He is too forgiving for the people entrusted to keep him safe. When Ron during his second year with the rescue with the flying car, with the bars on the windows and being locked in his room. Ron knew he was being starved was it really that much of a stretch not to realize that Harry was being abused? Ron and the twins saw first hand what Harry's room was like. Why did they not explain in minute detail to their mother how dangerous it was for Harry? Harry showered at school, got dressed and not one person saw his scars. He and Ron shared his room not only did he not see the scars but not notice his ribs and bones sticking out?
You have been writing this story for a while now, hopefully, you will be able to update on this quicker in the future.
:-)
Chrissysmiles chapter 8 . 6/26
Professor Snape is very formal and Victorian. There is no way he would ever use the word, "yeah". It would always be "yes".
:-)
witchsbroom chapter 26 . 6/16
OMG just found your story and just love it.
nuke-squid chapter 1 . 5/18
that was an amazing chapter! please update soon!
daisycb chapter 26 . 4/30
I like what happened with Harry and Blaise and Sev.
Good story.
blackangel150 chapter 26 . 4/21
Damn those two can sulk and yikes poor Blaise