Reviews for Stuck in a Moment
Gabriella G chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Your story left me with my mouth open but a grin on my face nonetheless. Whether or not this idea makes sense I'm letting it be known: the story was unbelieveable because it could actually be true. [grin]

Thank you for writing this story and providing it for others to read. _
Kikiri chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
Sigh I love this story. It's so well written and the characterization is flawless. There's not enough Quistis and Irvine fics out there. In fact, they barely interact in most tories. IT makes me sad.

Anyways, this is definitely going on the favorites list. I'm going to go read your other stories now :D
Sabriel41 chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Ripley~
In a word - "wow." I recently stumbled across the FF8 fandom, but, carefully dodging the "100 chapter angsty Squinoas" that I was warned about, I've been tickled pink to find several examples of eloquent, interesting, and altogether captivating prose - yours definitely not least on the list.
It's hard to pick out what I liked best about "Stuck in a Moment" - the tone, while being light, still carries consequence and emotion effectively... the characterization is spot-on... the dialogue is natural, humorous, and effective... Heck, the fact that you used a snippet of U2 is also awesome! *grins*
Suffice to say I enjoyed it all, and hope that you keep writing... the world needs more writers, and more thinkers like you.
Regards, and Starry Nights,
~Sabriel.
Sayeesa chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
I'm too lazy, I'm afraid, to sign in, but my given name here is my pen name, so don't think I'm just being a b!tch.

An extremely well told One Shot! Change the genre to Romance, and continue, by all means! Perhaps you could elaborate on things. Wow, so many plot ideas are swirling in my mind . . . I enjoy plots, not writing, but it's so fun?

. . . er. . . are you, by any chance, the same Ripley who reviewed my story?
Kimmie3 chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
hehe aw, that was very sweet! I loved how you made Irvine and Quistis such good friends.. the conversation was very real.. and just.. charming! and that kiss at the end? Do I suspect something more than friendship? lol.. that would be interesting! Beautiful fic! I really enjoyed it!

Kimmie
Kitian chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Short, sweet, likable. No angsting/drama/romance, just some good, solid friendship. Nice.
unused account -delete it chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
I love it, I love it, I love it! I envy you so much! . I wish I could write like this. And this is so sweet. I'd never considered Irvine and Quistis to be especially close (since I play them both in our own roleplays), but I think, from now on, that I'll take a closer look.

You've got a beautiful writing style, and, like I said, portray the characters shockingly well. Better still, you're a Seiftis fan!

Speaking of your writing style, I wanted to comment on a few lines that caught my attention: "So what if he’s dangerous and has a jaded past? I like him that way." This fits the pair well, I think.

Anyhow, keep up the great work, and keep in touch, a'ight? You're welcome to email me if you have any spare time.

~ Moriah
Apple Pie chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
i always liked those two together. even then, this story isn't revolving around any set couple, and that's cool. short and sweet-my favorite combination. _
Ms Starlight chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
Awww! This is so sweet, and so good! All the characters are perfect here. I've always liked Irvine, he's a deeper character than he's usually portrayed as having. I really like his relationship with Quistis in this piece. You managed to cover so much in this, and a lot of it was stuff you just had to interpret. That's the best kind of detail. In short (to keep me from babbling anymore) I loved this. Your work is always wonderful. :D
altol chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Beautiful friendship piece- warm, engaging, the perfect blend of mild tension and friendly 'affection'. I really do love your writing style, and I hope to read more!
Shiva Darkwater chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
It's so... cute! I love it, adore it! And your characterization of Irvy was PERFECT! Mwah! *huggles and kisses* I love your writing because you show so much with your words, more than you think you do. Keep it up!
Briar Eve Sheurmann chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Hey honey,

Y'know- you don't know how many "awwwwwws" and immature little squeals popped outta my mouth as I read this- (at least 9 awwws, and one or two squeals. And a little squeak and grin, I think.)

Anyways- Ummm...It's adorable. These types of moments- don't generally happen in fiction, which is sad because they are probably some of the most profound instances of human interaction. In my opinion, exchanges like these transcend sexual love and ownership- this platonic ideal is almost crystalline in it's purity. And you capture it magically. Your characterization is good, excellent narrative flow blah blah blah... So- you've just reinspired me to write. I was on a hiatus, but now that you reminded me of how lovely Quisty and Irvy are together, I'm gonna get my ass back to the grindstone. Keep exploring this, hun!

ciao

B.E. aka. Mr. McFrugalshtein
Tellia Kallisto chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Awwwww...thats so ,cute,and it seems soo real ::sniff sniff::Like a frien of my I mean we dont kiss we talk about dumb stuff like shoes and rapping,****** you are like a brother to me buddy!:ahem:Now the lil organization called Stazzie like to say thank you for this sweet story ::sniffs the air:: do I smell a sequal? well its your story anywayz good bye!