Reviews for The End of the Affair
TheNobel1 chapter 1 . 10/23
I've been recommended this fic many times,
But the description says there is no possibility of an innocent high school romance so I'm not gonna read it
AT369 chapter 8 . 7/21
This was amazing! I can feel my heart crumbling to pieces!
PriVacy chapter 2 . 7/8
I can illustrate it :)
Inonymous chapter 8 . 4/25
Imma go read some fluff after this one man, fuuuuck great fic, easily one of the best!
Inonymous chapter 8 . 4/25
Aghh my heart I can't take it
Lance Harris chapter 7 . 1/20
Hachiman, you really are "just a would've been, could've been, should've been, never was and never ever will be".
Random Reader Guy chapter 8 . 1/13
Fuck man, what a story. Absolute kino, but also painful kino.
Lance Harris chapter 1 . 12/9/2020
I'll admit it. I REALLY hoped that Oregairu's Canon ended like this. A subversion of a Romantic Comedy happy ending
Napoleon1815 chapter 8 . 11/30/2020
Bloody fucking brilliant mate.
Xenien chapter 8 . 11/26/2020
Champagne but without the cham.

In my opinion, this is one of the most painful stories to read. Not due to poor writing, execution, or inappropriate use of plot devices. It's everything that's fantastic and holy BUT those things that I just mentioned.

No grammar mistakes. The realistic portrayal of Hachiman if he never really changed his ways was was perfectly executed and maintained throughout the story, and yet Frog-kun created the epitome of what one doesn't hope to be and what is.

This is a masterpiece that easily betrayed the reader's expectations and instead brought them to the reality that none of us will ever want to look at again.

My god. I loved and hated every single chapter of this. That's how good this story is.
Rice with Chest-Nuts chapter 1 . 11/21/2020
Not. It.
tommthecommie chapter 4 . 10/28/2020
Frick NTR
Dual Warping chapter 8 . 10/23/2020
It seems incredible to me how Hiratsuka thinks that she has the right to interfere in the lives of others, that I know no one in the world of oregairu can see the future which means that no one knows if it would have been better if Hachiman had changed or had turned out worst.
Hell if Hachiman had declared his love to Yukino or Yuigahama it is possible that in the end their relationship will end much worse.
Hiratsuka really believes it would have been better if he had changed, as if she had the power to see into the future to know what was going to happen.

Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life Someone about loneliness
DatSadBoi1 chapter 8 . 10/19/2020
Cant believe this was from a few years ago. Stumbled upon this story after finishing the anime recently. Great what if scenario if things never worked out between Hachiman and Yukino
Stephen Maleski chapter 8 . 8/27/2020
Contrary to your demural, I found this piece not hard to read at all. Rather, it was refreshingly intelligent and skillfully drawn, right down to the world-weary tone of the narrator. Both the rhythm of the prose and the judicious word choice at critical points served to maintain that atmosphere. I'm happy that you chose to publish it, and that it's still here to be read some years after its original posting. Thank you. btw-Props for the Haruki Murakami reference in the afterword!