Reviews for The End of the Affair
Scandalf chapter 8 . 11/13/2018
After reading this, I remembered a promise I made to myself years ago when I first watched/read Oregairu. I promised to myself that if I ever loved someone I would make them aware of that fact, if someone ever loved me as much as Yui/Komachi/Yukino loved Hachiman, I would try to tell/show them that I appreciate them more than anything else as often as possible.

Sigh... I normally dislike reading sad stories like this because they always manage to depress me for the whole day or so and I only manage to forget them after I read something light and funny.

It also didn't help that I am here at home, alone, at 11pm with lights turned off, reading this sad piece of work. I am really depressed now...

Moving on from my personal tastes, this fic was truly great. Regardless of the fact that it is not the type of fic I would prefer reading as long as I have something else to read, I think you did an amazing job at telling us what you wanted to tell in the first place.
Haruno's death hit hard, I gotta say. Yukino's pregnancy also hit as hard if not harder. But I think what hit me the hardest was not being able to reach my one and true answer to the question: "What would've happened if Hikigaya told Yukino that he loved her merely weeks or months before she became pregnant?"

I really wish I knew, even if the answer was a sad one, a closure is always better than regret of not knowing the end result in the first place.
Cain186leon chapter 8 . 10/7/2018
This story feels like it has surpassed the usual fanfic level in a lot of ways. Read this long time ago, it made me stayed up the whole night, reminiscing about Oregairu. Recently reread it, still feels fresh and somehow it captures the essence of Yukinoshita and Hikigaya really well.
d140725 chapter 8 . 6/29/2018
How do you express the way a story resonates with your heart, calling forward nostalgic, bittersweet memories of what could have been yet never was?

“As soon as I spun those feelings into words, it would no longer be true.”

So instead, I tip off my hat to you; what a moving tale you have brought us, good sir!
bronze v lee sin chapter 1 . 4/30/2018
This is by far the best-written fanfiction the Oregairu series has ever seen. Not surprising of course, coming from one of the translators. Reading this nearly 3 and a half years after it was finished, it's actually interesting to take a look back and see what the characters were like before volumes 11 and 12 were released. Regardless, this is a work of fiction that'll stand the test of time and it's going down as one of my personal favorites.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/23/2018
Brilliant.
hi chapter 8 . 3/17/2018
if only i could know your address i could...
Guest chapter 8 . 2/23/2018
I enjoyed this. Too many times people take the easy romance route out and although there was something There, him and yukino were never people of passion. Never to get swept in the moment despite what they may have wanted
SantoryuSekai chapter 8 . 1/18/2018
Oh man, this shook me a little,and made me likes it less Yukino Yukinoshita.
Saiki Kusuo chapter 8 . 12/31/2017
Thank you for this work.. It really felt like cannon.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/26/2017
It was awesome how painful and cozy this story can be. The true about the facts and the perception that what we want hardly ever can happen show me that the future it will a painful trouble that I will need to solve everyday with a little smile if I want to finish my days with some sanity.

English is not my First language and I am grateful for your excellent job!
Viva2212 chapter 8 . 12/22/2017
When I read fanfiction, sometimes I come across works that not only encourage me to read from start to finish, but touch and play with my emotions. You have remarkable talent and I really respected the balls for a bittersweet ending. You took the very core of the story and played it well. I hope you keep going and I hope you can inspire others like me. Stay awesome, my dude.
J.Marchman chapter 8 . 11/19/2017
I'm sure you have gotten this before, but this story was simply awesome. Well done man. Keep on keeping on
Tenshin-Ta chapter 8 . 10/27/2017
first time reading and Oregairu fic and I reccomended to this one. . . I have to say while I did find some cliches to it, it was good read. I feel like my eyes opened somewhat. Your a good writer and I look forward to check someof your work
the grey mage chapter 8 . 9/12/2017
well, i'll just imagine they fucked and its his kid.

and i'm glad you published this. i honestly see hikki living out this till he dies. being used and just scrounging by.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/7/2017
excellent story, and a satisfactory conclusion
193 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »