Reviews for Beyond the Outer Gates Lies… A high school library?
Phant0m5 chapter 60 . 3/29
""So I guess you Angels just need to start kidnapping Fallen babies, and raising them to become Angels," I joked.

"If you can determine a way for us to do so without the kidnappers Falling," Raphael countered dryly."

So, obviously the angels want natural angel offspring, and I really think the marriage loophole/allowance is the way to go - or at least headed in the right direction. But this bit, the part I quoted, is actually a pretty important and viable thought.

You don't need to kidnap anyone to get someone else's child and raise them as your own. There's a simple, common phenomena that happens all the time, which covers that situation exactly.

Here, Harry, Raph, everyone else, say it with me now: adoption. Aaaaadooooooption. Adoption.

I assume that parentless Fallen babies are rare, and there would be plenty enough magical birth control that unwanted Fallen babies are, if anything, even MORE rare. But "rare" is not at all the same thing as "non-existent", which is an important distinction. And that's before getting into the concept of Fallen surrogate mothers, like sterile humans do sometimes.

This isn't a perfect or even optimal solution, obviously. But it's a simple, obvious stopgap that didn't appear at all in this discussion, and that really bugs me to have been omitted. Especially since that one joke line skirted so close to it, before being dismissed. I can't believe that the some of the smartest people on the planet, put in a single room together, could ever really be that dense.
Nicolaos chapter 62 . 3/24
This has been a great read so far and I am looking forward to more
Paxloria chapter 38 . 3/24
Great chapter, but there's something I don't get...
What was that about Dresden working for some movie studio and, in addition, helping with the opening and closing themes of an anime he's never seen except for 1 episode?

You see all the things that don't make sense there, right?
Why did a studio hire Harry Dresden? What help could he have POSSIBLY been with the opening & closing themes? Its not like there aren't more qualified people to do the music & visual montage. Why see just the one episode without teling him anything?
Paxloria chapter 36 . 3/23
Great chapter!
And dare I say, the tone is practically a classic of a Harry Dresden Short Story in the style of Jim Butcher... Well done!
A fun read!
zedacus1999 chapter 58 . 3/20
Molly carpenter should be the last member of his harem
general zargon chapter 62 . 3/19
Thank you very much for this update! I love the twist of the wolves and their 'unusual parentage', LOL. ;P I really enjoyed this chapter, the present and flashbacks melded together very well! I wish you the best of luck on your writing!
atchoum35 chapter 62 . 3/18
Good chapter..thanks. continue your good work
Bigreader in The Omniverse chapter 62 . 3/17
Frost giants are famous for being shapeshifters. Loki is a Frost giant, not Aair, so all his kids would be half giant. Shapshifters so febrile probably wasn't in wolf form during conception. Still see. Also they would be insulted being called wolves or men, since they are neither, but frost giants.
Also Harry, you used Ice against Frost Giants? That shouldn't have worked.
xbox432 chapter 62 . 3/17
Yeah... that's some messed up parentage for those wolves. And I really enjoyed Harry's breakdown of why magical wolves and werewolves dislike each other, can openers indeed. :P
Kingofclubs8129 chapter 62 . 3/17
I didn't get the Brooke joke sadly. I'll try looking it up later.
Quathis chapter 62 . 3/17
Good deductions and preparations. Loved how he trolled the wolves there. Should be a good interrogation if they play off each other. Not like the wolves are the brightest of their kin. Until next time.
Once again you have me laughing my ass off. Preciate it 3
The Richmaster chapter 62 . 3/17
I liked the subterfuge used
qussow chapter 62 . 3/17
Well, something else was going on! Consider my previous criticism rescinded.
I thoroughly enjoy the world building, btw.
ThatDrocker59 chapter 62 . 3/17
Good little chapter, the lore on the wolf and how they act was great. I would like to take back my hopes of Dresden getting a frost gaint or wyvin. I would much rather Dresden get bizzaro's mouse please. He's already got mister, why not mouse as well.
1,283 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »