Reviews for Brilliancy
Meagie84 chapter 82 . 1/6/2018
More gratuitous violence from Aiden Pearce. Morally ambiguous behavior and very little growth even after all his years, all the lessons he could have learnt. I don’t even see not making an example out of the kid as growth, just lack of energy.

The comment about Aiden thinking Lena would put a bullet in Dylan’s brain. I imagine Nicky would be horrified. Sounds like a yearning for shared misery rather than any true reflection of what his niece would have actually been like.

The thing I’m not sold on is the kid being a sociopath. Dylan didn't come across as a sociopath so I'm not sure if it’s Aiden wanting him to be that way to ease his guilt or incorrect assessment on his part.
Dr.Sugarcakes chapter 82 . 12/12/2017
I couldn't believe my eyes :3 Guess it's a good time to go through this beauty ones more.
KasugaRomio chapter 82 . 12/11/2017
Good to see you back. I was afraid there for a second this would be a depressing writer's note, old man Aiden works better !

Not to say I didn't enjoy this, but have you considered writing something about Discovery? The show has flaws, but Lorca makes it all work. The universe hopper theory is also pretty cool.
Dr.Sugarcakes chapter 80 . 8/20/2017
You alright ? It's been a while.
henchman213 chapter 81 . 6/23/2017
Thanks for writing xD
Meagie84 chapter 21 . 5/25/2017
Despite your reservations, you portray an excellent Clara. The way you write her reflections work really well with her characterization in-game. The guilt over her involvement with Lena’s death, and which made her ingrain herself in Aiden’s life, was surprisingly raw and sincere.

Clara’s flirty behavior was her disguise, a way to mask her guilt, and you worked that really well into her narrative. Clara worked out that Aiden was attracted to her, and I think she to him. I loved the ambiguity you created with that attraction though. Like she would have slept with him if it’d benefited her but she was also curious as well because I think she genuinely liked Aiden. Say what you will about Aiden, but he does have that frenetic energy and charisma which is able to pull people into his crusades.

The reference to Aiden and T-Bone not giving a shit about anything around them. That’s spot on. I also liked seeing Clara’s views on T-Bone as well. He does give off that “I’m a hippie rocker with no a care in the world” vibe, but he’s very intelligent and Clara picked up on that too.

Surprisingly, you made me feel a little sad for Clara after her conversation with Damien. She might have been able to manipulate Aiden, but Damien was another matter entirely. She was obviously panicking when she phoned him, was trying to make things right but Damien was the worst person she could have contacted for that.

I’m glad you published this story, it was a small but insightful look into Clara’s mind.
Dr.Sugarcakes chapter 81 . 5/24/2017
That was a little bit depressing reading in order, but if I didn't care it wouldn't have that impact.
KasugaRomio chapter 81 . 5/23/2017
Heh, this is definitely a new way to posting stories, but now I will actually have a better idea of when it's all happening. Great job and enjoyable summer to you !

P.S I can't review the chapter 21 because the system thinks I already posted there T,T
Guest chapter 80 . 5/21/2017
Wasn't able to get back to ff because of school and nerves, but now that things settled down there is a lot of catching up to do and you were third on my list. Impressive work, good structurally sound writing and a deeper delve into an enigma that is Aiden Pierce. Your futuristic deus ex chapters were by far my favorites, but going against a competent female villain is always a plus. I can't remember the last time I have seen one in anything new on tv, like it's not allowed anymore. Before I start ranting let's finish this one with a positive note and keep on moving forward.
KasugaRomio chapter 80 . 5/16/2017
Another fun ark comes to an end. I had to rewatch some of the old wd material just to remind myself of how Aiden sounded and it is still quite intimidating. Pat yourself on the back because Heather was a blast villain and who doesn't like a little of side action in between.
KasugaRomio chapter 79 . 5/16/2017
Well look at that, something interesting happened on ff and I missed it as usual. There was a surprising amount of missed updates, it's like writers all over the world crashed the site by simultaneously updating and ff just didn't know how to handle all that happiness.
Meagie84 chapter 80 . 5/14/2017
It's difficult for me to decide what particular story I like the most, and lucky for me there's a myriad to choose from. Femme Fatale was top of my list but Perfect Play is edging up there. You made a worthy adversary for Aiden in Heather, she could certainly could match him in the wits department.

You did a great job providing a more detailed look into Aiden's vulnerabilities. Aiden's contingency plans are his security blankets in a way. Operating alone he must have exit strategies and think of possibilities other don't because if he doesn't, it's his own skin. So to have Heather of all people save his life after he misjudged the situation must have bruised his ego.

I liked that ambiguity you created around Heather's offer to Aiden to work for the Club. I was always unsure whether Aiden considered, even for just a moment, the merits of Heather's offer of working for the Club, or he just presented that illusion of uncertainty.

It was an interesting dilemma, that in order to take the Club down, Aiden had to get into bed with them (literally). I think Heather intuited right, that Aiden is lonely. I think she's actually a better manipulator, at least better than Aiden gave her credit for. Great storyline, loved the use of Digital Trips as a brainwashing technique and especially loved the moral ambiguities Aiden faced.
Esquire-man chapter 79 . 5/8/2017
A lot of people are suffering from the same problem and not getting the update notifications. The only reason I found this is going by the internal ff alarm list. There is a forum discussion in Fanfic Help Desk if you are interested.
Wow, what a chapter. For a minute there I though you were just wasting time, but things really collided into place. It's good to see Aidens limitations and other people succeeding slightly more.
That hanging up on people is entertaining on one end, but can get really frustrating on the other.
Meagie84 chapter 79 . 5/7/2017
Wow, I knew Heather was a master manipulator but setting up Iain to take the fall, that’s just ruthless. I can’t help but feel sorry for poor Iain, he really loved Heather and while he knew she didn’t have the same depth of feelings, I’m sure he’d never expect her to cut and run without him.
I really liked the checks and balances of this chapter. By that I mean I feel that Aiden and Heather both won and lost in this game they played. Aiden got an intricate look into The Club’s organization and was able to dig up some of the roots they’d spread across the city. I’m not sure whether Aiden learnt his lesson with Heather, he should have known she’d have a backup plan. He relied too much on his own plans working, and didn’t give enough consideration to Heather having her own escape plan.
And Heather had more forethought that I gave her credit for! To be honest, I felt like Heather actually read the situation better than Aiden did. She knew his alliance was temporary and tenuous, was able to read the signs of his duplicity better than he did, and because of that, she escaped. She may have lost her mantle as The Club’s leader but she escaped while so many others didn’t, but burned a lot of bridges while doing it too.
I like that Heather lured Aiden to the airport, it was like him trying to take out Kenneth all over again. Their phone call was interesting too. I liked that Heather asked if she ever tempted him, and I like the uncertainty it creates on both side. I think Heather wanted that confirmation and maybe Aiden was tempted, but he would never admit it.
I love Aiden saying: “running’s the worst thing to do”. He reminds me of a predator like that, turn and run and he’ll give chase. Twice Heather has slipped past him, and I like that she’s taunting him with the fact he didn’t take her out. He should have but hindsight’s a bitch like that.
Action scenes were fantastic as usual. I can’t wait to see if Aiden catches up with Heather. Fantastic chapter!
Cyclopz chapter 78 . 4/22/2017
I haven't been in a reading mood this year, so there is a lot of catching-up to do. You really developed Heather and kept her alive way longer than I expected, but it is really paying off right now. Iain seems to be the only normal person here.