Reviews for Lesser Evils
Zoanzon chapter 30 . 8/13
Well then. Unless Voldemort set up Polyjuiced doubles, I guess I was wrong after all...

Also, that last death makes me sad; I liked the snake.
Zoanzon chapter 27 . 8/13
(There was already a rumour going around that the Unspeakables had managed to appease Sirius by preemptively offering up one of their own, a fellow named MacKree, who was now trying to devise an arithmantic formula that would revitalise the old archival enchantments.)

Oh dear...

Also, 'breaking Ginny and putting her back together'...yet again, I'm wondering if that included *mentally*. The foundations set by the Diary, with Voldemort building upon them by either corrupting her, breaking her into following him or creating a subset personality, or perhaps making her into a sleeper agent...

No matter what, these next few chapters are going to be something interesting.
Zoanzon chapter 22 . 8/13
Filth in the circle...Why do you keep making me doubt who it is?!

No. No, I'm sticking with guessing Ginny. I'm not switching my guess...
Zoanzon chapter 20 . 8/13
From a chest of supplies she picked out an invisibility cloak. This one was a far cry from the unique artifact owned by Harry Potter, but it was still an invaluable tool.

I think that confirms my guess; Hermione has been hinted at, but she wouldn't know just how unique the cloak is, whereas Ginny would. It's possible Hermione was compromised earlier, those hours of going missing, but Voldemort having done something to Ginny during the possession is my running guess of who our mystery girl is. And Mulciber drawing parallels between him and her, plus whatever went down with him and Sirius and Sturgis...things are starting to pierce themselves into *something*...
Zoanzon chapter 19 . 8/13
I remember an earlier chapter mentioning werewolves are remarkably resistant to mental magics. I'm starting to wonder if Remus' obliviate and cheering charm on Sally didn't take and she just faked it and then ran...
Zoanzon chapter 17 . 8/13
I love how you make the Death Eaters seem somewhat human in interactions, not just racist murderer caricatures. The interplay between Grayback and Mulciber is really cool.

Also, I'm not sure if it's Hermione or Ginny (probably the latter), but one of them is one hell of a Trojan horse and it's gonna be bad when that kicks off.
WittyBasketcase chapter 7 . 7/26
Damn. This is amazing. It should have a thousand reviews. This is some quality shit.
WittyBasketcase chapter 4 . 7/25
This is getting more and more interesting!
Jayy chapter 31 . 7/2
It's been a while since I've read a HP story. Lesser Evils reminds me that sometimes, HP fanfiction can still be good. I love your story, and I'm so excited to start Ascended Vices!

Like I'm sure most other people, until she died I was sure that Ginny was the spy. Part of me still doubts her death. The whole scene feels off. Why was Ron and Ginny killed before the end of the 3rd day? And why both of them, when it was supposed to be only 1 every 3 days? I know that this is supposed to cast suspicion on Hermione, but it still doesn't feel like her. Especially since she is going to France, which will reduce her potential usefulness as a spy. I'm also wondering if it's some other minor female character and you never gave us the name just to make us suspicious of Ginny or Hermione.

I like that your Dumbledore is human and not just some power hungry manipulator. He makes mistakes and sometimes acts against the wishes of Harry because his priorities, methods, and to some extent values are different, but he is still a formidable wizard and an admirable man. It's great that you show that for Harry, Sirius, and Remus His protection of Snape is unforgivable, but the way you present it in the narrative is without judgement.

Each character has a distinctive personality and their own goals. It's been fascinating to learn more about your vision of Mulciber and Sturgis, and to flesh out Remus and Sirius. You've also made Percy into a much more interesting character, and it's been nice to see his growth.

It's weird. I didn't notice a ton of grammar/spelling/punctuation mistakes in the beginning or end, but it seems like the middle is full of them. Maybe I was more engrossed at the beginning and end and just didn't notice them?

Thanks for the hard work you've put into Lesser Evils. It's been a pleasure to read.
AnthonyR89 chapter 1 . 6/15
assuming that's James Potter, and Bellatrick Black, you have Voldemort about 20-30 years to young, in order to be in the same clases as them.
SO GOOD! also I've been suspecting who "she" is and I won't name names but I think it's the one out of theee that survived if you catch my drift
sam.zweighaft chapter 1 . 5/5
Squids don't eat apples
Wolvenkite chapter 31 . 4/21
Liked it a lot. I was sure that Ginny was the spy. I think I know who it is now but you threw me on that one. Hope you continue soon.
Finneyyy chapter 31 . 4/13
Hmm... That was good.

I want to congratulate you on completing this story. The story, I admit, was well written, and was thoroughly what I wanted after reading the first chapter.

There are very few problems to it, though I won't dare part my opinion on those.

Once again, well done on finishing it (the first part, anyway). Looking forward to the rest.

Regards,
Finneyyy
Dumby95 chapter 31 . 4/13
It was overrall a great Fic; sorry i wasn't in the mood of reviewing... but that was very good; some odd things but some very well plots, keep the good job going :)