Reviews for What You Leave Behind
Simeon Smythe chapter 11 . 2/21
In canon, Harry and Hermione always hold hands when they walk together somewhere. While I can enjoy an AU as much as the nexxt Mugglenet veteran, I think it's a bit silly to not mention this anywhere... You afraid it won't be cool enough for your weird audience if you let such moments of sweetness and light remain?
Axle chapter 11 . 1/23
Howdy Newcomb,

I'm rereading this story for the umpteenth time because honestly it's one of my favorite stories and is so easy to come back to. I was talking to a friend about fanfic and HP and I promised her I would send her my favorite HP story and this was the one I came to. I remember reading this ages ago when it first came out, and then reading it in chunks on DLP's WbA section. I stopped visiting DLP years ago as I came to better terms with my queerness, which I'm sure you can understand, as there was quite a kerfluffle on those forums when you wrote that bit about Fleur being bi iirc.

Rereading this story, and looking at it with fresh (and specifically gayer) eyes really made me identify with your Harry, especially in the first chapter. That feeling of knowing that something was wrong with yourself, even if you couldn't quite put your finger on what it was exactly, echoed a lot of the same feelings I had when I was coming to terms with being bi myself, and then later when I figured out I was non-binary. It is a genuine pleasure to be able to come back to a beloved story and find something new that truly resonated with me. It speaks to your skill as an author, I think, and certainly your dedication to your craft that even seven (holy shit can you believe that?) years later, this story truly holds up and is just as solid and engaging as when I was reading it the first time.

Truly, a treasure. If you'd like to reply to this, feel free to shoot me a DM on Discord, where I'm Einar #6039 or if you manage to dig up your DLP Login, I should be there as Khazad-Dumb.

An eternal fan,
Axle

PS: How come this isn't on AO3?
Li-Ion78 chapter 5 . 1/11
love it love it, might be one of my top 10 already because of the duels
G4m30v3r chapter 11 . 12/13/2021
Ahhh yes. This story. Loved rereading this. There are not many stories out there that are as fleshed out, and dare I say...as magical, as this one. The characters are so life like and enjoyable to read. This tale is one of those rare epics that physically hurt me for not being completed. IMO, this really was one of the greats.
kblankenship1025 chapter 2 . 10/22/2021
Isn’t smith in the same year as Harry in the books?
SadMeatBag chapter 4 . 10/12/2021
Ok he will have a trip to Narnia, why not? At this point I'm lost I don't know where you want this story to go.
pickledgarlic chapter 6 . 8/25/2021
I don't exactly know how dumb you can be, but a large amount of that stupidity was was shown in this chapter.
Samwise Pevensie chapter 11 . 8/24/2021
I love your descriptions.
The spider attack here, and the final Quidditch match of Year 2.
LetKokomiLead chapter 11 . 8/3/2021
I really hope you'll come back to finish this
Guest chapter 11 . 7/2/2021
That was bloody brilliant. An interesting plot with original ideas and characterisation. A shame this will never be finished.
percysthebest16 chapter 11 . 5/19/2021
Mad one
Bostonette chapter 1 . 5/16/2021
I’m amazed at how moronic everyone makes Remus and the other members of the friendly circle act towards Sirius. No one is suspicious that all of a sudden Sirius would betray James’ family? No one doubts it, as if maybe being a master prankster and a protective father James wouldn’t have come up with a little plan of his own? Fucking idiotic and wish authors would quit writing this garbage angle for Sirius, it’s gotten very old.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/5/2021
This story is pretty fun to read actually
xRedAce chapter 11 . 3/8/2021
I'm a bit surprised that Hermione would randomly become their 5th member, like, Harry's only talked to her twice?

More importantly, I've reached the end :( Almost all of my ffavorite fics are abandoned, I guess this joins the list...
xRedAce chapter 10 . 3/8/2021
This "Chamber Of Secrets has been opened" sequence was much more creepier and terrifying than canon and any other fics I've read...

I can only read 1 more chapter because it's abandoned :(