Reviews for What You Leave Behind
everquesting chapter 11 . 10/24/2015
Okay I'm confused. At first I was o okay- the fight at lock harts publicity thing, so Gibbs gonna be possessed. But then I remembered that lock harts not gonna be the defence professor, and I became certain that the whole "daphne acts like she's two people." And "like recognising like" meant she was possess (as Harry recognises voldie through his scar. That's gon out the window now. ARGHHHHHH. Good story though. Love the slowly building pace, and am really looking forward to the fight scenes. Just one gripe- I really hope fleur is slightly more plot relevant in the future cause she currently looks like her purpose is for the ship. Regardless, watched
Ppsh chapter 11 . 10/24/2015
Great story. Very unique.
GreenGrizzly chapter 11 . 10/24/2015
I’ve been circling around the idea of reading your fic for some time, never really getting around to it. But now that I have I’m well and truly impressed. You’ve captured the awe of magic as a whole perfectly and I think your portrayal of Hogwarts as a mysterious, yet whimsically magical castle is spot on. The characters have depth and the intrigue of the plot overall is gripping. Well done and I hope to see more.
llIMagic chapter 11 . 10/13/2015
Great story! Interested to see more of the plot unfold. It's a cool view of magic and the secret to being powerful via an unfocused mindset that you've written [over-simplification], but I found it very intriguing. Also, I like seeing Aberforth involved in the plot! Great characterization of Doge as his own agent with his own agenda as well, hope he continues to be developed.
Secondary Luminescence chapter 7 . 10/11/2015
Okay, just want to say that this is hands-down the freakin' best HP-fanfic I've read in more than a year. Congrats, kudos, bravo(a), and encore. I await the next installment anxiously, but not impatiently, because I'm well aware of the intricacies and frustrations of writing. Again, excellent work.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/8/2015
I love this story, and it just keeps getting better! All the little references that make there way in are fully appreciated. I cracked up completely at Cedric's "I'll be in my trunk." I love the humor, and adventure, and I'll definitely be waiting for the next update! Thanks!

-Kybo
PD chapter 11 . 10/8/2015
This is a good HP fanfic that I've come across after a long time! I hope you haven't abandoned it.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/7/2015
Gosh, I really love this story. I cannot wait until the next chapter.
Stasia chapter 11 . 10/7/2015
This story is incredible. I can't say more.
SeikoTuNeR chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
I've actually read the entire story of yours thus far but I felt that I owed you some flattering words.

There are so many glorious moments in this fic, that even though I'm a grown ass man I squealed. I literally adore ALL of the characters and how you've written them. I love Harry, Cedric, and Cho. Their dynamics and actions and interactions are written so well the really only downside was the first year and how mature you wrote them. Less 11 and 12 year olds and more like rambunctious adults.

Reading about Harry and Fleur's first meeting? I damn near stood up and applauded. Be well and just a job well done on your take of the Harry Potter universe.
elessargreystone chapter 11 . 10/5/2015
First, thanks for writing this. I enjoyed reading it very much. Now, unto the actual review...I liked the pacing and the writing a lot, but I am afraid that fast pacing and dialogue-heavy fics are pretty much my fetish, so I'm not really objective on this. The characters are well fleshed out, and the friendship you built between Harry, Cho and Cedric is a real breath of fresh air in the fandom, considering how many of them are solely focused on the original trio. Anyway, your plot is really cool to. You really managed to make Voldemort a more credible threat as in the first HP books (I really felt his ominous aura looming over Harry like a Damocle's sword), and the romance with Fleur is cute and endearing. You've done an incredibly good job if you ask me! Now, I just have to wait for the next chapter.
Zoanzon chapter 6 . 10/3/2015
...Huh...
Regrettable Pun chapter 11 . 10/2/2015
I just binge read the whole thing. This story is wonderful. I love it! And the romance is on point so far.
AnnieKay5 chapter 11 . 10/2/2015
I'm hooked! Read what's up in a day, can't wait for the rest!
Aeolus Aether chapter 11 . 9/29/2015
Excellent action in this chapter, and a pretty awesome pairing for the romp too. Introducing the blood from the ceiling the way you did was a pretty awesome idea. The whole painting the wall and petrifying a cat thing never really conveyed the gravitas that I felt that the Chamber of Secrets should hold.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on what you're trying to convey - I don't trust Daphne. Even if her dad is James Potter, or Sirius Black, or someone equally close to Harry. There's too much we don't know about her, and I've read one too many stories where she ends up being the focal point for a terrible betrayal. I'm holding my emotions in check for this one. I hope the spells Harry wrought on that parchment were powerful. Then again, if it was all an elegant bluff, I'd be just as thrilled.

If you do reply to my review, just answer me this: Fleur and Dominique? Why? Fleur swinging the other way came way out of left field. Definitely humorous reactions all around, though, that was entertaining. Again, this might be something I'm reading way too much into, though if Harry finagles his way into bed with two girls, I can only imagine how you would portray Sirius's pride.

As I thought, Harry's mastery of that unique mindset and Arresto Momentum came in handy. Grabbing a girl and launching out a window was sufficiently badass, I have to say. As for pulling the sword while fighting the spiders, seems like we've lost a little bit of the Gryffindor vs Slytherin perspective. It now seems like each of the founders represents something, and each has their own "role to play" or contribution to the plot of the story, or Harry's development. Which is awesome. My only concern at this point is using the cup, diadem, sword, etc as hallows or tools to take on Voldie, but I doubt you'd let this story stray into territory that cliched.

Above all, this was truly a pleasure to read. I sincerely hope that you continue to be motivated to write, and that you're aware of the folks out there like myself who are appreciative of your work. The wait for the next chapter is going to kill me, so I'm going to go read everything else you've posted, and march through the forums as well.

AA