Reviews for What You Leave Behind
Regrettable Pun chapter 11 . 10/2/2015
I just binge read the whole thing. This story is wonderful. I love it! And the romance is on point so far.
AnnieKay5 chapter 11 . 10/2/2015
I'm hooked! Read what's up in a day, can't wait for the rest!
Aeolus Aether chapter 11 . 9/29/2015
Excellent action in this chapter, and a pretty awesome pairing for the romp too. Introducing the blood from the ceiling the way you did was a pretty awesome idea. The whole painting the wall and petrifying a cat thing never really conveyed the gravitas that I felt that the Chamber of Secrets should hold.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on what you're trying to convey - I don't trust Daphne. Even if her dad is James Potter, or Sirius Black, or someone equally close to Harry. There's too much we don't know about her, and I've read one too many stories where she ends up being the focal point for a terrible betrayal. I'm holding my emotions in check for this one. I hope the spells Harry wrought on that parchment were powerful. Then again, if it was all an elegant bluff, I'd be just as thrilled.

If you do reply to my review, just answer me this: Fleur and Dominique? Why? Fleur swinging the other way came way out of left field. Definitely humorous reactions all around, though, that was entertaining. Again, this might be something I'm reading way too much into, though if Harry finagles his way into bed with two girls, I can only imagine how you would portray Sirius's pride.

As I thought, Harry's mastery of that unique mindset and Arresto Momentum came in handy. Grabbing a girl and launching out a window was sufficiently badass, I have to say. As for pulling the sword while fighting the spiders, seems like we've lost a little bit of the Gryffindor vs Slytherin perspective. It now seems like each of the founders represents something, and each has their own "role to play" or contribution to the plot of the story, or Harry's development. Which is awesome. My only concern at this point is using the cup, diadem, sword, etc as hallows or tools to take on Voldie, but I doubt you'd let this story stray into territory that cliched.

Above all, this was truly a pleasure to read. I sincerely hope that you continue to be motivated to write, and that you're aware of the folks out there like myself who are appreciative of your work. The wait for the next chapter is going to kill me, so I'm going to go read everything else you've posted, and march through the forums as well.

AA
Aeolus Aether chapter 10 . 9/29/2015
The hook about the Mirror of Erised not acting normal is fine. The only real change that I'd make is to mention something about magic, either Hogwarts being magical, or Harry learns to think about magic, or something more elaborate about magical theory. That is what attracted me most to this fic, personally.

I'm interested to see if Katie has the hots for Harry. I absolutely love the Arresto Momentum practice, and Harry's newfound mindset/approach to thinking about magic.

At this point I have to say that I'm really just going through the motions to let you know that there's another person out there anticipating your work. I love this story. I'd love for it to continue.
Aeolus Aether chapter 9 . 9/29/2015
Tough chapter to write or not, this is by far my favorite chapter so far. Two conversations, one with Dumbledore, one with Flamel, have given me more insight into this story and my imagination than I care to admit. As always, a masterfully written chapter.
Aeolus Aether chapter 8 . 9/29/2015
Ah so you're from DLP also, or at least have met most 'em. This chapter was wonderful as well. I'm curious to see what happens with Harry and Fleur.
Aeolus Aether chapter 7 . 9/29/2015
That was an interesting adventure. I'm beginning to wonder how you keep coming up with all of these witty quips. Sometimes the dialogue is just pure gold. I'm going through this story too fast.
Aeolus Aether chapter 6 . 9/29/2015
Seems like the Hogwarts Express ends up being a social bonanza every year. What a nightmare for introverted students. Jesus. Hilarious though. I like the rift between Cho and Harry. Too many things going too peachy. Time to introduce new characters. The scene with Harry playing the flute was excellent. Hagrid knowing folk songs was even more awesome. I'd like a scene with Harry and Hagrid interacting. They had a great relationship, and it seems like you're not unwilling to utilize that. Something I remembered from last chapter - holy crap you can't just say that Harry and Dumbledore ventured into some Labyrinth together and not tell us about it. I might be reading way too much into it, but I'm so very curious about the world Flamel and Dumbledore live in - and the few experiences that Harry took away from there. Dumbledore's workshop sounded amazing, too. This world is too awesome for me not to have a million questions.
Aeolus Aether chapter 5 . 9/29/2015
Fucking... Nailed it. I could not have wished for Fleur to make a better entrance. Epic as hell. Those duels were masterfully written. And I've never agreed more with the generalist versus duelist argument. I'm just completely floored that so much is going exactly the way I'd love things to be in this story. You've got a real masterpiece here.
Aeolus Aether chapter 4 . 9/29/2015
I'm reviewing this chapter after reading less than a fourth of it, but I've come to the conclusion that I have nothing to offer and everything to gain, here. This is possibly the most fucking brilliant thing I've ever read. If you handle the romance with Fleur well, I think this story will have fit just about everything I've ever wanted to see in this fandom.
Aeolus Aether chapter 3 . 9/29/2015
What a fascinating chapter. I really hope that we get a few more scenes where Harry is puzzling over how to open up secret passages. You write an introspective Harry really really well. Zacharias is also a far more interesting antagonizer than Malfoy ever was. Harry blocking that spell was awesome. I have a few theories as to what went on with Harry, but what reader wouldn't? Cat's probably out of the bag anyways, since I'm reviewing this chapter late. I'm also thrilled that I've finally found an author that's willing to use magic! The fire in the bowl was brilliant. The Auror's chameleon thing was probably a fading dissolution charm... and Fred and George Weasley animating the snow...thing... had me in stitches.
Aeolus Aether chapter 2 . 9/29/2015
I would read this story just for the dialogue alone. It's brilliant!

Any sort of meaningful feedback has gone out of my head with the anticipation for getting to the next chapter.
G27th chapter 11 . 9/29/2015
God this story is amazing! But please don't have Daphne's dad as James... I want daphne and Harry to try a relationship but if they're bro/sis it'd be freaking disappointing. Anyone but James or pettigrew cuz I can't see that rat getting laid lol
Aeolus Aether chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
I really love your writing style. You have that balance between detailed description and plot advancement all figured out. I figure that I could learn a lot here.

For the record, this was a fantastic setup for a story - so much so that in my head, it just became canon. I never thought to wonder what the confrontation between an escaped Sirius Black / Remus / Dumbledore would look like, but I'd like to imagine that it went something like this. Great humor, great writing, and I was very fondly reminded of Dumbledore's awesome pocket watch - you write him really well. Damn, I hope this story continues to be updated. You last updated in August, so I'm chalking it up as an ongoing story. I'm off to blaze through the rest of the chapters, hopefully reviewing as I go along.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/29/2015
You know this is what I bloody hate about canon and some fanfics. There is no growth in friendships. Its just 'friends' out of nowhere and then share secrets and adventures. What makes these BFFs different from acquaintances, why do you randomly trust them, etc? Its all sooo... RANDOM
973 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »