Reviews for What You Leave Behind
Guest chapter 11 . 9/24/2015
Please finish. This is amazing.
tdog3872 chapter 11 . 9/23/2015
I absolutely love your story, so so good. I cannot wait for the next chapter. Very much looking forward to the combo of what looks like the Philosphers Stone and the Chamber of Secrets into one year. This could be so much fun to read.
idiot.of.wanderlust chapter 8 . 9/20/2015
Arg... I reread this, and I just can't get over your writing...This is how I wish I could write. Your style is so much more than plot, or grammar, or world building. The way you build suspense and the tone of your story is so incredible that I get chills... I can't wait for Harry to begin fulfilling some of his potential. He has started already, and I like the slow build you're taking. He doesn't just read a bunch of books and suddenly become awesome. The whole idea behind him discovering the true nature of magic is amazing. I also like how you had Lily have the potential to fulfill that. It lends a feeling of legacy...arg...Can't wait...
Mechconstrictor chapter 2 . 9/20/2015
Not sure how I feel about this one. I don't mind the whole Harry grew up with the dursleys but with Sirius out, I just feel it should be different. I can't get past this chapter at the moment, but I'll give it another shot in a few weeks or so and see how I feel after read several more chapters.
Frisc0 chapter 5 . 9/18/2015
I like your story so far... especially that demonstration of simple dueling vs a mastery of magic. It was very well thought out. Most stories that feel a need to empower harry (and by that, I mean all of fanfiction) either tend to have him learn how to fight (when he has been a subpar student up till then) or suddenly gain some inexplicable magical power (magical animagus, master of death, etc), which imho is a load of bull.

Secondly, it has always seemed odd that a man like albus (or tom) can have so much power that he can outstrip a team of aurors (who are the cream of the magical crop) with ease. I dont think pure magical power can ever explain that gap in ability between these titans and 'poor simple aurors'. So this explanation of being able to manipulate magic, to have it bend to your will through a deeper understanding of its intricacies, which escapes the majority of the magical population, talented as they may be, is one of the most sound theories I have come across.

Anyway, I'm going to follow this story because I like what I have read so far and hope you continue writing well and bring it to conclusion. Thanks.
soccersack chapter 11 . 9/13/2015
Great tale so far. Im really excited to learn where you are heading with the plot. The founder rooms, daphney's secret and the inclusion of hermione in the group are all interesting points :)
Hefster chapter 11 . 9/12/2015
interesting story, well done
Writeshop chapter 11 . 9/9/2015
So...
Daphne's dad introduced her mom to the phoenix. We know that James Potter was really fascinated by the phoenix, but he was dead b the time she was conceived...

Maybe Peter Pettigrew?
spfuzz chapter 11 . 9/11/2015
this is interesting! the Cho/Cedric dynamic is also really compelling.
OrionB15 chapter 9 . 9/11/2015
Loved the story, but stopping here in case you never update again!
NicodemusReborn chapter 10 . 9/10/2015
While I enjoy the summary, it doesn't really do the plot of your story justice, I think.

"Even the smallest ripples can become crashing waves. A slight divergence in the Grindelwald conflict has led to a far different magical world. It's not the Harry Potter you know; then again, it's not the one he knows either."

"Knowledge that doesn't seem to be his own, familiarity where there should be none. Harry Potter stares questioningly into the Mirror of Erised, and darkness is the only answer. How can someone look to the future, when they don't know their own past?"

Two ideas - not sure that they're any better - but hopefully it helps.

On to a regular review! This is a fantastic story, and I appreciate some of the subtler writing choices. You win points for never hovering on a particular scene for too long, and always seeming to know what is relevant, what isn't, and what's best left out.

You have great characterizations, and I'm looking forward to seeing the direction you take Luna especially.
WriteShop chapter 11 . 9/9/2015
"I'll be in my trunk"
does Cedric call his broom Vera? (I'm assuming it was a Firefly reference)
WriteShop chapter 10 . 9/9/2015
The summery is great. If you want, you an append to it 'a re-imaging of the Harry Potter story', otherwise, it doesn't need anything.

One comment I would like to make, on the romance aspect: most people date more than one person in High school. These first relationships either end disasterously or the people just lose interest in each other. So even if you want Harry to end up with Fleur in the end, there is no reason he can't date somebody else first.
WriteShop chapter 7 . 9/9/2015
Keep up the good work
Victorules chapter 10 . 9/9/2015
Unless there are more memories for Harry to uncover, or Voldemort's horcrux is gonna become a library, I don't think mentioning it in the summary makes sense. The title fits because it's so broad.

I'd either hold onto the big changes, sans Ariana: Headmaster Aberforth/exiled Albus, older Harry, Sirius escaped within a month. Or just the first change that Butterflew everything 'Ariana survived'.

Ariana survives the duel between her brothers. It's 1992 and Harry's first year in the Wizarding World, attending Hogwarts under Headmaster Aberforth Dumbledore. And yet, it's not. (-If you want to draw more attention to the first year mystery, just insert something ambiguous there)
973 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »