Reviews for What You Leave Behind
Polter chapter 11 . 8/17/2015
Ohh i see. Harry has a sister. That's would be cool. Great idea, great FF.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/17/2015
This was a great chapter, and I finally feel like the story has really begun. A lot of what came before it felt like a really long prolog to the actual plot.
Ace chapter 11 . 8/17/2015
Love the work so far. Great characterization, and development. I especially enjoy how the Hedwig-Engorgio combo not only provides a laugh but showcases how Harry is actually thinking and acting in the generalist mindset already. Fleur and Harry seem to make an interesting pairing, but i understand this will be slow butn. Perhaps that chemistry with Daphne will bear fruit?

Regarding the Summary: the tinkered one looks fine, but the one you have up now really does suffice. I think the first sentence is ineffective, but the second one, describing the divergences, is what pulled me into this story. I had to click and see how the hell Aberforth became headmaster for example.

Speaking of which, will you ever tell us more about that famous duel?! The tidbits you drop just leave me wanting more!

Great job so far, cannot wait until next update.
0 Jordinio 0 chapter 11 . 8/15/2015
Man oh man, talk about an exciting chapter.

The group expands, the plot deepens and the adventure becomes all the more dangerous.

I can safely say, I've never in my years of reading fanfiction saw Harry fully body tackle an Acromantula. I can't help but think though that it really showed how different, yet similar your Harry is to canon. It's good to see he's still the reckless hero at times, not scared to throw his body in harms way to protect his friends.

Still, tackling and wrestling an Acromantula? Eat your heart out Crocodile Dundee. Your Harry deserves a massive increase of man points for that. What's that song called again? A real man's man?
Trent Foley chapter 11 . 8/14/2015
I shan't bother calling you a douche nozzel as I am sure that many of those who's gone before have insulted you like that and worser still! I must however commend you on how you managed to turn such a promising story into utter donkey ride-ism! And by the way, perverted scoundrel, it's "Filch" not "Flick." But as the quality of this chapter may quite possibly be traced to your flicking ways, I am not surprised that your subconcious would substitute the words, filthy rascal that it undoubtedly is.
AsianAsshole chapter 11 . 8/13/2015
Great writing. I like the new golden trio. If you ever need a beta I am more than willing to help out.
hhrforeverhhr chapter 11 . 8/13/2015
Awesome story!
ryanyz10 chapter 11 . 8/13/2015
Awesome story, very creative!
Yuu Kirkland chapter 4 . 8/13/2015
I really like the idea of your story, it's fascinating :D
And I like the Harry, Cho and Cedric trio!
JPElles chapter 11 . 8/12/2015
Very interesting chapter for sure. I hope things go well for Daphne going forward.
fluke2441 chapter 11 . 8/12/2015
You sir, have a gift. When this chapter came out, it made me excited. This is a story that I have been truly enjoying. The details are excellent, the magic mysterious, the adventure heart pounding. I appreciate that your chapters are generally nice and long, but I wish that they were longer yet, and that I could just read the entirety of the story in one magnificent go.

Will Harry have to learn each spell like Arresto Momentum to gain true mastery over magic? Or will he have to do it a few times until the mindset becomes instinctive? Either way, it seems that he's well on his way to understanding transfiguration, and I would like to see a little bit more on that front. I'm also glad that he's making more friends.

I can't wait for the next chapter, thank you for writing this!
pkp033 chapter 11 . 8/11/2015
I'll be in my trunk.

LMAO!
Lord Romulus Malfoy V chapter 11 . 8/10/2015
what an amasing chapter. and an awesome story. I have never seen anything like it. it is truly an original story. or at least I think it is. and you have me dying for the next chapter. is Daphne's father by any chance a Marauder?

Lord R. Malfoy V
Alveus chapter 11 . 8/10/2015
Phoenix feather... Hmm

Is Voldemort her dad?!

Btw a very nice story; keep it up.
alpha-alieria chapter 11 . 8/10/2015
Man, you killed it again. You write so cleanly - there is very little wasted as you pivot from one scene to another. This chapter transitioned a lot cleaner than those in the past, but I suppose it helped that this chapter took place over a comparatively shorter time frame. One critique (that I personally don't have a problem with) is that it feels more like a fifth or sixth year story at this point, rather than where it is. This comes through most clearly when Tracy speaks up in this chapter (she's 12?). I'll buy in to Harry acting the way he does because of who he's associated with, and that he rubs off some on others, but maybe not to this extent. Don't change a thing though, because this is great.

As an aside, there are a couple of minor errors in the chapter (spelling/grammar - the one I'm remembering right now is grimaced vs grimised). If you'd like a beta, feel free to drop a line. It's the least I can do for such a superb piece.
974 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »