Reviews for What You Leave Behind
BladePhoenix41 chapter 11 . 8/8/2015
Nice chapter
Psych0Geek chapter 11 . 8/8/2015
I have decided that I'm going to re-read and review your chapters when you post them on . 1 to your review count, and I get to read it in its final form, so everyone wins. Nothing really to say that I didn't say in the DLP thread, but it was good, and your revisions certainly fine tuned for the better.

Glad you removed the Hermione line. It stuck out like a sore thumb in the original draft.
Uberlemming chapter 11 . 8/8/2015
I very much enjoyed this chapter, and am pleased to see the story moving forward. Also, I can't believe you put in a Firefly reference :)
LifeIsAGreatAdventure chapter 11 . 8/8/2015
Nice job on this, its always good to see you working on it. I like the junior conspiracy a lot and the idea of the keys to founders' places with Hagrid is if not unique, pretty damn rare. Adventure at the end worked but as in so many other cases, even JKR's , the escape from the acramantulas seemed a little deus-ex-machine-ish. Probably unavoidable but still. Looking forward to the next installment. Re: the summary, its good as is and in fact your new one may be too long...
DarkBalance chapter 3 . 8/7/2015
This story is really cool, I think. Definitely haven't seen an AU like this before. I think what I like the most is how Cedric, Cho, and Harry are friends, close friends, in spite of being in different years and Houses. Cedric Diggory is a very fun character, I loved him since Harry first met him!
Memory King chapter 10 . 8/6/2015
This is definitely a top tier fanfic! I really enjoyed this new Harry, his friendship with Cho and Cedric, his magical explorations and the seeds to a relationship with Fleur. The writing and tone drew me in straight away, your take on the HP magic system is excellent and I really like your Albus so far. The mystery in first year reminded me that well executed mind trips can be pretty fun, the Quidditch is entertaining and minor canon characters are well fleshed out.

I guess the only thing that made me wander a bit is how close to canon the war with Voldemort seems to have been, at least on the surface. I was more than willing to run with it though, especially considering the lack of canon rehashing so far. And there also do seem to be some differences in the timeline, the thing with Fawkes for instance.

Seems like we're about to enter a PS/CoS mash-up, will be interesting to see how that all works out. Looking forward to more!
greensun30 chapter 10 . 8/4/2015
i normally don't enjoy a story of harry from a young age, but this progresses through the younger years quickly without leaving anything important out, so good job and i await the next installment
Anthares Tony chapter 10 . 8/1/2015
I can't remember my password and cba to go throught the whole recovery process so... here lol.

I love this story. It's such an original AU, and a pleasure to read, just enough humor, just enough sirius (le wink sorry couldnt help it god im a dork), some philosophical magicks, and even a little puppy love :D what more could a girl ask for? (SPOILERS - REVIEW LURKERS BE WARNED) I love that Lily is more than just the witch who accidentally saved her son through the "power of lurve", that there's this mystery and greatness about her, that Dumbledore actively takes part in forming Harry to be great and not just an eventual sacrificial lamb, that Harry isn't confined to his house and doesn't settle for those he finds gryffindor, and that he just seems so much more proactive and has more personality !

Ahem enough gushing, as for your summary, it's actually perfect for year one but I've no idea how else you could summarise the following without spoiling it... in fact might be better to publish years 4 to 7 separately?

Or maybe just change the last line... in year one he searches his past, but lately he's searching for magic and meaning and all that jazz, so something about the truth rather than the past..? Something about grasping for fleeting truths..? (I am pretty bad at this but its the thought that counts right?)

Anyway, bon courage et bonne continuation !
~A.T.
Linz chapter 9 . 7/31/2015
Several passages really resonated with me.
Harry's explinateto Hermione why sports competition requires both parties participation very very true, and not just about sports.

And the idea thst voldemort...or evil...must eventually lose~character as destiny also struck a chord.

A well constructed story with a very satisfying variety of emotions wovrn through. Thanks!
acrimony1029341 chapter 10 . 7/27/2015
One of the few addicting fics I've read, keep up the good work and update soon!
MonkeyBiznez chapter 10 . 7/27/2015
Excited for more, love the hitchhikers guide stuff too
linz chapter 1 . 7/24/2015
So I am so happy to be reading this! The writing is channeling JKR, and made me laugh out loud on several occasions. Best was Sirius' comment to dumbledores imparting wisdom. Oh- and snapes imagined intro to harry into the wisdarding world was pretty damn funny too! Thanks!
Rrit chapter 10 . 7/24/2015
I'm afraid I can offer no such advice. However, your summery did attract me and the rest of your followers so that has to count for something. I'm really enjoying this new trio that you've created. Cedric, Harry, and Cho, it makes me smile whenever I think about it.
Excited to read more with chapter 11,
-Rrit
Guest chapter 10 . 7/24/2015
Good stuff, I'm hoping we see more of the Flamels in the story after the 'Stone'. Also, hoping to,see Fleur get a bit more involved soon. Victor would be nice to see again as well. I like this little thing you have going on with magic, it sounds interesting, speaking of magic... Hedwig hulking out is hilarious.

Thanks for posting.
sunsethill chapter 10 . 7/21/2015
This is a really fine story with interesting plotting, good character development, and excellent grammar, etc. The mysteries are there but they don't overshadow the other things going on. I wasn't too sure about aging Harry a year, but I am enjoying it being reasonable that he is now so close to Cedric and Cho and I like what you are doing with their families. I also like Fleur. She is hard to write and when done well, I really like Harry with Fleur, but if done wrong it's awful. Aging Harry a year also helps with this friendship/later relationship. I look forward to a new chapter and will be able to review each chapter as it won't be on my Kindle to be consumed in one gulp!
975 | « Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 .. Last Next »