Reviews for What You Leave Behind
This is amazing.
Great chapter 1 . 9/14/2020
This is great
thepuzzlingcentaur chapter 4 . 8/13/2020
I fell in love with your characters.
thepuzzlingcentaur chapter 3 . 8/13/2020
I can't stop reading this...
I hope you will finish this story.
thepuzzlingcentaur chapter 2 . 8/13/2020
1) Harry is raised by Sirius. Hilarious results.
2) His memory is so much altered that he doesn't act or seem all right.
D70dbf chapter 11 . 8/13/2020
Really love this story and am sad to see it "end" this way for me. It'll make my day if/when it gets updated. Now for an actual review.

I love the new trio and how they are often written such that they show their character. SPOILER till chapter 11

The sudden change between Y1 and Y2 was a bit sudden but I found the greater focus on magic to be enjoyable and refreshing in its execution. Though an upcoming twist seems obvious (Daphne's dad being dumbledore) I'm not really sure if I'm being fooled by an elaborate ruse. The final chapter at the time of my review was exciting and I found the appearance of the sword surprising given that although Fawkes normally hands it out the POV character was written in such a way that his assumptions caught me off guard too when he was supplied with the sword.

Once again, love the story.
abhinavvemuri123 chapter 1 . 8/13/2020
this is simply fantastic
thepuzzlingcentaur chapter 1 . 8/12/2020
Immersed. Instantly.
Clavyus chapter 11 . 7/15/2020
Fine, original and well written. Pity it's abandoned.
Captain 'Murica chapter 1 . 7/5/2020
I feel like Hermione's inclusion in this group is sheer canon deference. Luna seems like a better choice. She's the one who suggested the solution in the first place. But that's just the start. Fred, George, Katie Bell, all these seem hands-down like people Harry knows and trusts more. Cho is pretty good friends with Marietta. Then consider Tracey Davis, who I could see the trio considering as a pair with Daphne, especially after her just standing up to Malfoy in front of everyone. Harry's talked to Hermione like three times and she REALLY doesn't seem like the type who would be up for a random adventure (from the characters' perspective, of course). Hermione's probably my favorite character from the books and in general fanfiction, but Harry randomly picking her as the 5th member and the other two not questioning this or making their own suggestions really feels out of place. It makes Hermione's inclusion feel unearned. I wish you had just built her and her relationship with the trio up more so this would make sense.

That said, I don't leave reviews on fics unless I love them and thus their small flaws bother me all the more. If there were too many flaws I wouldn't bother because it's a lost cause. Of course, what pains me most is that this delightful title seems to be abandoned. Hopefully you'll come back to it someday. I don't think it'll ever be finished, but... just a little more would satisfy a lot.
Monkey D. Toushiro chapter 9 . 6/19/2020
Rereading. I forgot how fleshed out your HP world is. All the characters are so interesting too. After reading a handful of decently well written fics that unfortunately had brainless Dumbledore bashing, reading this fic is like a breath of fresh air.
Atavara.inc chapter 11 . 6/6/2020
Even after so many years it is still one damn good story!
nanosaurous chapter 11 . 4/8/2020
Just reread this. This is incredible
969 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »