Reviews for What You Leave Behind
ashland94 chapter 10 . 5/5/2015
I think you should use Taure's. She/he had me at 'compulsive need to seduce immigrants.'
Taure chapter 9 . 5/5/2015
My summary proposal:

The world changed when Lord Blackskull Burnface meddles in the past with a time-turner. Dumbledore's a fugitive, Barty Crouch Sr controls the Ministry, and Harry develops a compulsive need to seduce immigrants. Magic, Quidditch, Veela, Mediterranean islands, and Dumbledore in swimming shorts.
kobisaki chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
seems interesting. let's see how it goes from there.
Avid Reader chapter 10 . 4/30/2015
The way you put things, is truly astounding. Please keep it up.
Can't wait for following chapters. I would gladly buy this if you marketed it.

I wish you much success in all of your future endeavors.
Darius D- Horn player, Texas Southern University
May a Chance chapter 10 . 4/30/2015
I can't wait to see more of this amazing fic!
exillion chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Interesting story, can't wait for more. Though I do wonder if Harry is going to actually use any of the memory or wisdom items that enhances his memory? Diadem of Hufflepuff? or was it ravenclaw? does something similar to make the person wiser or smarter or some such. And there are potions to retain memory longer, or hold it in.
Spirix chapter 10 . 4/28/2015
I really like the twists in this story. The power is more subtle and nothing is cut and dry. Also a lot if original magic, which I am always a fan of.

I look forward to more!
doctor of supreme awesomeness chapter 10 . 4/28/2015
Dude! Just read your whole! It's really good, I do hope that you nver abandon it till the end! Great job!
L3G1ON chapter 10 . 4/28/2015
Hello,

I was starting to think I'd gotten the perfect handle on the Harry Potter fanfiction universe and that I had found all of the great stories available on this site when I came across yours. The summary didn't sound like anything I would normally read (which makes your latest author's note all the more fitting), but I've been so hard up for good fanfiction lately that I decided to give it try anyways. I started reading yesterday and just finished every chapter you have so far, so even with the dubious summary your story definitely hooked me.

Harry as a year older and an ambassador of sorts to inter-house friendships is an interesting character, switching from unusually mature to stupid teenager in a believable way. Cedric and Cho make good friend characters, although I feel like they should challenge Harry more. Cho's anger after the Quidditch match is the only time Harry really messes up, and I feel him taking the leader position among a strong female character and an older male character would have more stumbling blocks. Fleur and Daphne are great supporting characters, but I wish they got more screen time. This could be because Fleur is my favorite Harry pairing, rivaled only by Daphne. Hopefully the plot moves that way in the future. Lastly, I like the way Luna appears to be going in the direction of insane genius instead of merely insane.

The plot is great, the way the main story line slowly comes more and more into the foreground blends nicely with introducing the different Harry and his life and relationships. There's also a nice bit of humor, reading the bit with Harry and the calming draught with Hedwig's chocolate disaster made me lose it. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to read your next chapter!

L3G1ON
habycorpse chapter 10 . 4/28/2015
I've really been enjoying this fic so far. It's hard to judge a story that's only just hitting 100K words now, but I can easily see this becoming one of my favourite stories. I never really considered your interpretation of Cedric's home life before, but it definitely fits in with how they're portrayed when Harry meets them at the beginning of GoF.
I was a little worried for a while that you would take away Harry's love for Quidditch and that he would just enjoy the flying aspect of it, but that fear was taken away when he started actually playing and loved it.
The interactions with Cho and Cedric have been fantastic, same with Fred and George (and the inclusion of Eustis was beautiful). It's come across as real and organic, and not at all forced. I'm a little confused about Daphne and "the fifth," though, as it felt like that conversation about finding another friend came out of nowhere. Did I miss something? (Here's hoping the fifth is Eustis)
I also have a little question about something from chapter 5 (chapter 4 if you don't count the prologue). You have Harry mention "a woman who's the closest thing I have to a mother and who also sometimes looks at people the way people look at pets." I had assumed that meant Perenelle, but there really haven't been any interactions between the two except for when they went shopping, so I'm not so sure anymore.
In regards to the summary... I'll be honest, it's the third thing I look at. First I check the average amount of words per chapter (anything above 3 or 4k per is fine with me), and then I check the main characters and see if the pairing is interesting (it is) or if I'm intrigued by the supporting cast (I was). Then I'll check the summary, and that's mostly to see if there are any outrageous cliches (i.e. bashing of almost every canonically good character). Other than that, the summary isn't too important to me.
Anyways, I love the story so far and I'm looking forward to your continuation of it. Your views on magic have been fascinating and the friendship between Cho, Cedric, and Harry is growing into something beautiful.
IMPR0VE chapter 10 . 4/27/2015
Wow. I'm impressed. First of all to find a hp fic that is realistic (in actions taken and character development) is ridiculously hard. To find one with an au approach while still holding to overall plot arch giving us something different to enjoy is even harder and to find one as well written as this is just amazing.

Seriously I thought I'd found all the gems in the mess of hp fics out there and was nearly tearing my hair out trying to get through all the cliches and uber harrys. Well I'm happy to add this to my list. Its a pleasure to read this, thanks very much for sharing and I hope you see it through to the end :D
ivan061289 chapter 10 . 4/26/2015
Really great story, hope to read more.
Guest chapter 5 . 4/26/2015
I'm one of those terrible people who never leave reviews but I would like to say I absolutely adore your story. Probably my one of favorite HP fics of all time up there with the dark prince. Keep up the outstanding work!
Gatalicious chapter 10 . 4/25/2015
"Harry Potter enters a world of magic with Cho and Cedric by his side. With Aberforth as Headmaster and the enigmatic Albus Dumbledore in exile, his world is different, yet similar. But why does he have these gaps in his memories? A retelling of Years 1-7 with Harry a year older and filled with a sense of wonder."
CHAOS AND TRANQUILITY chapter 10 . 4/25/2015
This one is pure and Harry interactions are fun to read. Within two years this story will have at least 4k favs. I bet my firebolt!
974 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 .. Last Next »