Reviews for What You Leave Behind
obliviousone chapter 10 . 4/23/2015
Albus Dumbledore earns a very different reputation, and the war against Voldemort is radically altered. A happier Harry comes to Hogwarts ready for greatness, but can he find it before his enemy finds him?
If you like it, you can get ahold if me at . (:
Also, just found your story - absolutely love it.
iCaelum chapter 10 . 4/22/2015
Thanks again for your hard work. I look forward to the next chapter.
Hawkin chapter 10 . 4/21/2015
I always put off starting this story for some reason, I don't know why. I'm quite glad I finally put my mind to it and read it. I saw it in your signature on DLP and HP/Fleur is rare, I could not not read it at some point.

I like how we're moving pretty fast through the years, especially the first one. You manage to avoid a lot of rehash or nonessential details that could make the story feel heavy. Either way, love that approach. I like Harry's character as well, his personality makes sense considering his upbringing but he's still somewhat canon Harry in the right places. The interaction with Fleur were awesome and did not feel contrived at all, which is a plus. I love how you introduce her through the Quidditch camp, I think it was a very good idea (same with Krum).

The only thing that bugged me (and it's one hell of a minor detail) is when Fleur and Harry are flying against the dragon and she says "Dépêchez-vous!" It's a minor thing but "vous" is a pronoun used for plural (YOU) or formal. The way you wrote it is basically saying "Hurry up, sir!" in my mind. "Tu" is the 2nd pronoun singular and is a more casual form of address. So it should be "Dépêche-toi!" for "Hurry up!" or "Allez, vite!" for "Come on, quickly!". Both would make more sense from a teenager talking to another teenager, especially in a stressful situation. God that escalated...like I said minor detail, but if you need help with the french part you can hit me up on DLP (Basilisk), I'd be happy to help :)
Moon Gibbs Potter chapter 10 . 4/21/2015
Great story! I really enjoy how it all seems to seamlessly come together. Excited for what else you're going to bring to the table.

As for the summary, here's my go at it:

Why does Harry feel like he's living in a dream? In order to unlock his past, Harry must figure out the Mirror of Erised, if he's to survive to see his future.
CrazyLemon chapter 10 . 4/18/2015
I love reading every one of your chapters as it comes out. And I always feel a little sad that we have to wait until the next one comes out. I think you've taken a very straightforward approach to the story, but you've made it your own in some really nice, subtle ways.
If someone asks me what about this fanfic makes it special, I won't be able to pinpoint the exact thing. Yes, Harry is standing up for himself. Yes, its a story where Sirius has helped raise him. Yes, there are all these mysteries and the changes that make it slightly AU. But I think it all boils down to the fact that you are a really good writer. You've given this story a nice personality. You've made me feel close to it without making it too broody or sad.
Keep it up! I'll be waiting intently.
P.S. I don't really have a good idea for a review. :/
JPElles chapter 10 . 4/17/2015
Good stuff. I like Fleur and Harry here. Things should get interesting.
Rita chapter 1 . 4/17/2015
Wonderful! I felt as I felt the first time I read one of the books. Thank you!
Lord Romulus Malfoy V chapter 10 . 4/16/2015
awesome dude just awesome can't wait for 10/11 cause its just so damn good
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 10 . 4/15/2015
Great chapter, I'm so glad you brought back Panda!Hedwig. It was good to finally see Fleur in person again, the twins reaction to her was hilarious and I really like the way she stated her ambition. I love that you had Albus make Hitchhikers reference and the ending of the chapter was fantastic, so much better than a stiff cat and a graffitied corridor wall.

Can't wait for more.
erbkaiser - closed account chapter 10 . 4/13/2015
Simply an amazing story thus far. I like this Harry.
erbkaiser - closed account chapter 5 . 4/13/2015
Oh man I was grinning like mad for all the Harry/Fleur scenes, especially when they strayed a little too far of course. That's so in character for him.

Sirius is a dog. Pun intended.
erbkaiser - closed account chapter 4 . 4/13/2015
Did you seriously pull a Narnia on us here?

I love the Harry/Sirius stuff at the end.
erbkaiser - closed account chapter 3 . 4/13/2015
We're starting to see some of the au history here. With no Order and no Albus England must be a very different place. Strange that Snape is still teaching though.
erbkaiser - closed account chapter 2 . 4/13/2015
What a strange situation. You have the perfectly normal families discussion and kids being kids and yet something is wrong with Harry's memory... and then the door. Very interesting chapter.
erbkaiser - closed account chapter 1 . 4/13/2015
Interesting start, Dumbledore is far less in control than in canon or as he is often shown in fics.
974 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 .. Last Next »