Reviews for What You Leave Behind
Schlepian chapter 5 . 3/2/2020
This chapter was amazing.

A lot of writing about Hary Potter forget that magic is magical and not to be taken for granted. You expressing the sheer joy and beauty of magic is some of the best writing I've come across in hundreds of recent fanfic readings.

Whatever you're doing keep it up.
MajorChaos13 chapter 11 . 2/11/2020
loved this story, it has a great way of showing and building relationships between people and a fantastic way of developing a magic system. i like the cooky nature of all of the parental figures in harry's life and i appreciated how they eccentricities have affected harry. the drama between the founder's rooms was well written and i like how they are an overarching plot of the story rather than a yearly adventure mechanic. i would love to see more of this as its a great piece of writing but i understand that probably won't happen as it has been nearly 5years since the last update. thank you for writing such a wonderful story.
Lathea chapter 11 . 1/26/2020
What an amazing story. I genuinely hope you’ll continue it, even if it’s been five years.
CreativeRoadblock chapter 11 . 1/24/2020
Beautiful character development as always. Hope you return to finish this story eventually.
CreativeRoadblock chapter 10 . 1/23/2020
This entire fic is beautifully constructed.
renextronex chapter 11 . 1/6/2020
This is wonderful, not many have the creativity and boldness to make a true reimagining of the whole story and even less at such a high level, I really hope you come back at it some time in the future
Marilee Susan Way chapter 3 . 11/28/2019
I realized in the second chapter that I've actually read this before. Still love it and am happily rereading it. I don't remember that first chapter though. Is it new somehow? Or did I just somehow manage to skip it the first time.
Marilee Susan Way chapter 1 . 11/28/2019
I don't know what this is yet, but it's great! I get so excited when I find a story with great writing.

I love how loyal to the original characterizations you've stayed. You really nailed it here. This could easily have been an excerpt from JKR herself.

So thrilled! Onto the next chapter.
Bluebell1223 chapter 11 . 11/25/2019
Good chapter, can't wait to keep reading. Haha, now that I've seen that suggestions I reckon it's pretty good. Either way if you want to change the summary to JukedSolid's one, you have my support as a reader :P Can't wait to continue with this story - especially more magic about Hogwarts like Mcgonagall's explanation about the names and everything, or Dumbledore's explanation about symbolism. Please do update this story when you have the time!
Bluebell1223 chapter 10 . 11/25/2019
Good chapter, can't wait to read on. About the summary, I'm not very good at betaing (and its been yrs since this was last updated so its probably pointless) so I don't have much suggestions on a better one...
Bluebell1223 chapter 9 . 11/25/2019
Good chapter! Yeah I agree that magic is deeply rooted in symbolism and symbols and what they meant to each person would have an effect on spells. Can't wait to read on!
Bluebell1223 chapter 8 . 11/25/2019
Nice chapter, can't wait to keep reading. The thing about the names and stuff makes sense aha. I guess if a powerful wizard wanted to cast a spell but found it difficult, switching to another language where the words are more similar might be better. Reminds me of Dumbledore and all the languages he knows in that aspect.

Can't wait to read on, really appreciate the exploring magic a bit further part of this story too! Can't wait to see what's up with Daphane also :P
Bluebell1223 chapter 7 . 11/25/2019
Oh in the last chapter I thought Doge meant that Ariana wasn't as insane as people thought/had some other reason for being out, so she somehow magiked a body to remain at the place, or made it seem like she was there, but she had her eways of sneaking out and wering a disguise - I thought Doge was Ariana all along, disguised as him. But this makes sense too.

Interesting addition of the Hogwarts room and everything. It fits into my own fanon of how each of the four founders left something, though we only really have the chamber of secrets and gryffindor sword as confirmed linked to a founder in the books. I've always thought maybe hufflepuff's thing would require teamwork and unity - a secret that is shared wit hother members of the houses to show how teamwork/united the people are before they stumble upon it, so that aspect of this story is cool haha.

It makes sense that Voldemort has something to gain from Doge being there, especially as he's not a character on the side of the order. Can't wait to read on and find what happens. It's touching that he wants Harry to go to the hall of refuge and find something to help Ariana, can't wait to read on.
Bluebell1223 chapter 6 . 11/25/2019
Interesting...it ties in with what the rest of the story has to say so far. Mm I do have one critique and it's that this story's kind of slow. Chapter 5 and I still feel like the real plot hasn't happened yet. Harry's memory thing wasn't due to something bad, and it was resolved quite easily through other characters explaining it to him simply, he didn't really do much to resolve it himself. So I feel a bit cheated cause the hook in the summary was resolved through a simple explanation. Furthermore, reading these AUs can be a little boring (not the fault of the story) because there's been so much from the books. Reading them again through the character's eyes - I understand you can't just write the points where the plot deviated, but there is an effect of being bored on the reader.

I still am waiting for the real difference or opposition from Voldemort to show up in the story (the conflict/mystery I came for) and am keen to keep reading onwards to where it hopefully gets interesting.

But again, interesting relevation at the end. Can't wait to see what Ariana/Doge has to say.
Bluebell1223 chapter 5 . 11/25/2019
Okay chapter, found it kind of boring.
969 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »