Reviews for Soloist
Delathen chapter 1 . 5/7/2018
... man, I remember when Evangelion was about the giant robots and the end of the world. I miss those days. They weren't great, but they were fascinating.
Coyote chapter 1 . 10/26/2017
I hate you for what you did to the Shinji x Hikari couple and how bitchy you make Asuka sound.
But goddamn Asuka's mind is a scary place. Well done.
Mobiusman3 chapter 1 . 6/10/2017
Well it's an excellent look at taking characters in a vacuum, divesting them of all their nuances, heightening all their traits to the extreme and putting them in a new setting. An interesting look at the base mindsets of the players involved. But, ultimately that... contortion... makes this rather unpalatable. Aside from throwing out the entire point of the original series, it's quite good. The characters are (mostly) horrible people, but not unbelievably so, just incredulously.
TheINFERNO95 chapter 1 . 5/20/2017
If this was a pendering fic than it would be just like all those other fics where all the female want to fuck shinji as if he was the last man on earth. Y'all hate this fic cause you hate to be remind how toxic your favorite characters really are. You people need to stop going to websites like evageeks or watching you tube videos that turn toxic characters into human being and turning a toxic relationship into some romantic bullshit. Sometimes I think Anno was right when he say eva fans want someone pandering to them.
Platinumsabr chapter 1 . 4/17/2017
Couldn't even finish this when I noticed there was no redeeming feature to this, like, at all. Like another reviewer said, this isn't even a fanfic - the characters share the same names, but otherwise it's just drivel with no point except to exaggerate the sheer self-entitled narcissism of an unlikable female character that barely resembles a normal human being.

Blegh. Can't believe not one bad thing happened to her. Definitely a power fantasy here, and not a particularly good one. Sorry.
Viper5delta chapter 1 . 2/11/2017
Jesus. Put an angst tag on this shit. Great writing, but damn is it dark. Ima stick to my head canon the Gendo is a Yakuza family head and fucks up everything about Asukas life on principle. And I have no idea who you were pandering to.
Blitzstrahl chapter 1 . 11/15/2016
Honestly I'm baffled as to how this didn't end with Maya snapping and stabbing Asuka to death or Hikari shooting her in revenge.
Or even Kozo quietly arranging a accident.
Mr. J chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
The homophobic shinj fans are use to crapy fics where all the girls want to have his psycho kids including asuka. So when they get a fic that has asuka useing him for her own perverted needs, then throw him away like the piece of trash that he is, the fan brats can't handle it. Shinj like to lie to himself, even kensuke once stated he has a warped truth he like to believe in just to make himself feel better. This fic also points out it too. If he was so in love then why did he go out with asuka in the first place? This dude is a loser.

I really enjoy this take on asuka. It a lot closer to canon asuka who loves nobody but herself. I would like to see more of this version of her instead of that dam love sick puppy who want to have kids for a misogyny gay kid in garbage romance fics.
Anon chapter 1 . 9/6/2015
This is one of those stories that you get more out of every time you read it. I never caught before that the description of the bar was a barely disguised description of Eva itself. Damn masterpiece of AU work
lose chapter 1 . 8/1/2015
I'm not sure what everyone else is going on about, because I absolutely loved this story. I don't want go into a rant about it or anything, but I thought you did everything right. Crispy writing, great references to all the characters, dialogue that kept me eager for more, and an interesting plot and conclusion. Great story! Terribly interesting and a great piece of stand alone fiction.
Soren chapter 1 . 7/27/2015
This fanfiction is extremely dark, highlighting the dark side of the human being. Asuka is just a selfish girl who does not think twice about destroying those in their path to satisfy their selfish desires without thinking about the impact on people around you, although it is a drop in the ocean she finds the center of the universe and the person more important than the other. Their destructive behavior only caused pain to shinji and Hikari and feathers would justify it saying that freed shinji a mediocre life.
Everything will end with her and shinji in a selfish and destructive relationship in which one uses the other to have sexual pleasure. With shinji and Hikari destroyed relationship shinji will use the Asuka's body to forget the pain and loneliness and she will use his body also to have satsfazer his lust.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/20/2015
The pandering went over board at the end. Considering Yui Ikari's family conections, Asuka's parents having more clout than Shinji's parents I find hard to believe.
dunerat chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
This is not a fanfic.

The only thing this story has in common with NGE is that the characters share names. Other than that, it's a fairly boring story with flat characters that fail to interest the reader and a plot that encourages ignoring this author forever. It wouldn't actually be any better if it had been an original story, because it still wouldn't be worth reading. The actual writing is mechanically fine, but that doesn't really help any, since the problems are with the complete lack of anything entertaining in the prose.

Also, if you're going to lift a plot straight out of a LifeTime movie, maybe you should send it to LifeTime. They'll love it and maybe even pay you for it.
mr. shoggoth chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
Delicious.
COBRASTEVE chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
Good story but you could have had Asuka get hers in the end, at least to some degree. Good dry humor in their quips though!