Reviews for Extinguished
Sophia the Scribe chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
Very good. The ending, where they hope someone remains to lamented their fall (and all the readers know Maglor's final fate) was especially beautiful. Great job! Blessings, Sophia the Scribe
Toraach chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Podoba mi się nawiązanie do Warszawianki :)

Dlaczego oni tak często płaczą?

Zawsze mi szkoda Feanorowiczów, taki ród, a tak im się nic nie udawało.
nosmaeth chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
Laerthel was given a masterpiece! :) Stunningly written. There was just one thing that confused me a little: "there was little glory in being beat into dust"... Shouldn't this rather be "being beaten into dust?"
(Forgive me if I am wrong, I am not a native speaker and my knowledge of the English language is more instinctive than structured!)
Right after this though, there was a sentence I loved to death:
"(Yet grass grew green on Haudh-en-Ndengin.)"
It was perfectly defiant and beautifully placed, thrown into the text in between brackets as if to pretend that nobody cared about that green grass... And yet someone deemed it important enough to mention it!
Absolutely stunning!
Another passage I loved very much was about Maglor, particularly this sentence: "If Maglor was trying to wish the failiure into a design..." Every word of that sentence is so damned beautiful and true about every pain of every artist... Well, at least it felt hauntingly familiar for me!

All in all, I loved that it was not an easy read. You inspired me to use my brain a little, I had to work with the text I had to think constantly and I admire when someone is capable of doing that! And yet, I did not feel lost in the text either, I did not feel as if you'd abandoned me and I am all alone in their confused jungle of emotions, symbols and memories. I congratulate you on this especially: it is and incredibly difficult balance to maintain, something I often struggle with.

I loved how beautifully hopeless and poignant it was. (I might be a tad morbid though.)
I could continue this review for ages, work myself through every single sentence. That's how amazing it was!
Congratulaitons and thank you for this amazing piece!
Laerthel chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
I ABSOLUTELY adore this, honestly! For me, it has a rather gappy athmosphere, as if the whole world was broken into splinters. A truly original idea, I think, it goes well with the story.

Also, every little scene is so extremely powerful... visual, as if I had been there. (Actually, it came back in my dreams after first reading it; I was lost in a dark field covered in blood with dead people everywhere, then I saw Maedhros on a horse riding away alone in the moonlight and I shouted after him but he never came back). I also liked how the brothers found each other in a heartbeat and how they raced away - powerful, again.

The way you illustrated each one of them is just amazing, truly. They are brothers, yes, but also they are a bunch of totally different Elves with different personalities, different qualities and different frames of mind (and, of course, different faults as well). Roughly speaking, we picture them the same way; Caranthir with his dark, scorny remarks fraught with malice, Curufin idolizing their Father, Celegorm protecting him, Maglor with his sorrow buried deep, Maedhros bound to his fate (more than any of them, I guess), Amrod in the woods...

One more thing: the thought of Maedhros never truly feeling relieved of Morgoth's shadow on his mind is totally evident, and yet so unique. Such is the nature of the Enemy, and I think this is the one thing that makes his crimes totally unforgivable. And also, I loved how you mentioned Fingon! (Um, well I loved everything about this story).

I'm still working on my part but I'll be finisihing it soon, I hope. (before November, anyways). And I hope you'll like it as much as I like this one! So thank you for sharing this amazing fic and I hope we'll still do something like this in the future )
Filigranka chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
Each fragment is short, but meaningful and very, very poetic. I like the theme of emotions - hope, despair, love, betrayal - and actions - weeping, believing, hoping - linking all pieces. And how you portrait their - brothers - relationship with father (Curufin, as per usual, is breaking my heart). And how all brothers are similar, yet different; they're not just Feanorans, but a bunch of very different people... I mean, elves. And you didn't forget about Amrod!

About song - Warszawianka?
kumar LaVoixDuSud chapter 1 . 10/16/2014
Your one shot stories - even so sad - are like the brilliant Silmarils, brighten our daily lives.
Thanks for sharing. :D