Reviews for Solara
Guest chapter 29 . 7/16/2014
Oh how I loved your story!
Due to an injury I am physically impaired and often home bound. I use reading as a way to avoid having to use strong medications to deal with severe bone and nerve pain. I read between 7-30 books a week and enjoy sites such as fan fiction.
Your story was so engaging and your characters incredibly easy to become invested in. I enjoyed it immensely. Besides keeping me entertained it gave me moments of outright laughter. Having enjoyed a 25 year career as an R.N. before my injury I know how incredibly important that is. Laughter not only relieves and prevents pain it alleviates depression, boosts the immune system, speeds healing and does much more. In fact most hospitals now how teams dedicated solely to bringing laughter around to patients and staff.
So thank you so much. You have brought light and enjoyment into my life and my hope is that wherever you are in the cooperate world or as a starving artist you are blessed as well.
If you ever do write fill ins or turn this into a trilogy I hope I find them. I found this in 6/14 so was unable to respond to your request for a beta. But if you should ever choose to return to Misty's world's again (or quite a few others) I would be SO happy to assist you.
You can always contact me at
With all my love and respect. ...
Wolfmama... Angie Feingold
sarenelsoria chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I can't believe that you spent seven years on this. This must have been the fanfic with the longest time spent writing it. Interesting story although it cuts off odly
Leto Haven chapter 29 . 12/9/2009
You have a thought out story line, and your characters are interesting. Step one of a good story has been achieved.

One thing that confused me was that I didn't know what era of the continua that this story fit, I thought that it was after the entire serise until about three quarters of the way through it. You may want to make a note of that.

I am fairly sure in one of the earlier books it was stated that King Valdemar set up the Companion/King requirement (or his son). Though I like how you laid this out.

I am wondering why you didn't have Solara jump the group to safty in the attack. This is a well documented trait of the firecats. Also, the firecats do not bond with a person. They can come and go as they please, they will stay with one person thier entire lives, but they don't have to. Also, the firecats are not exactly mortal. They can be killed, but it is dambed hard to do so. But they also have alot more abilities, as there are so few of them.

Mindspeekers are a bit more powerful than what you portayed. Even if Dena didn't know that know ahtshe has the ability, show would have felt the evilnes of her uncle and not like him at all. Same with the priests, thought they may have to training to be able to shield themselves form detection of the untrained.

But all in all, good job. Please don't just write a chapter and post it, editing is a good friend. Even if you have imposed a deadline onyourself. Forget that line and readover the chapter, your readers will thank you in the end.
LadyToFu chapter 29 . 11/9/2009
I didn't know how else to respond to the comments, so I'm responding here.

But yes the names were purposefully done. Okay, perhaps it was a lame decision, but it made sense to me at the time! People in Valdemar get reborn a lot, and I feel like they'd be connected in past lives, especially if they have a particularly close bond. I also feel like not everyone that ends up a Herald/Companion would start out a Herald/Companion, just like how Companion/Heralds are given options about how/if they want to return.

Yes, Yfandes is Yfandena - Vanel is Vanyel (because let's face it, they should ALWAYS be together! And, I think that they'd always choose to be together, no matter what happened). Albencht could be Albrecht, depending on how you feel about the situation (That was the case when I'd originally started the story, but now I lean toward no because I got a little Albrecht-ed out after the last series of books).

Solara is Solaris. And, yes, the other Firecats found out about her moonlighting as a candle and she did get demoted to a backwater priest albeit on her way to becoming the Son of Sun.
Accalia chapter 29 . 11/9/2009
I'm glad you've managed to find time to at least finish the storie even if you missed alot of what you wanted to do with it. I do hope you can find time in the near future to fix the storie to be the way you wanted it.
Bee chapter 28 . 3/29/2006
just a note really. Yfandena cannot be queen of Valdemar, because she has not been chosen.
Rune chapter 28 . 3/27/2006
I am very impressed with the early reality you have constructed, and I love the connections to later characters and between the characters. Well done!

I look forward to reading more (hint, hint).
Vo Wacune chapter 17 . 3/16/2006
Vanel... Vanyel. Does he remember?
Vo Wacune chapter 6 . 3/16/2006
Albencht?
mugglepirate chapter 28 . 2/23/2006
I just read through the whole story and I'm impressed. I do hope you finish it. There's a lot that you could do with the characters. I'll keep my eye out for the next update!
Ashes Lady chapter 27 . 7/1/2005
hey darlin, i would love to beta for you, but that means you have to update!

;)
marah chapter 27 . 1/9/2005
Thank you SO much for writing more! I Love your story, and if you'd like, I'll be your betta reader...
Jamie chapter 27 . 9/28/2004
hey there, lol thats great! I loved it...but plz write another chapter son I am dying to know what happens hehe cya later

Jamie
Des Felidra chapter 27 . 9/27/2004
oh... really sad that you had to do that then, but very dramatic. I could beta for you, if you tell me what that entails. I know it involves editing, and I'm pretty good at that. so email me if you'd like me to, and put "beta offer" in the subject.

DF
tessajalynn-cilory chapter 27 . 8/19/2004
oh wow...this fic is really great...not to mention a fast read...do update it soon please