Reviews for Changing Sides
luhan92 chapter 42 . 9/20
i think i prefer regulus with cassie, cant seem him conncet with rachel tho
Erimenthe chapter 69 . 7/21
Too many things to comment on with this one. Those Black brothers, opposite sides of the same coin yet they don't even see it lol. I'm glad this gives a story for Regulus instead of him just dying trying to leave the Death Eaters. Hopefully there will be some kind of happiness for him and things will turn out a bit different for the Potters (and others) too. Can't wait for an update...hopefully soon?
Fast Frank chapter 50 . 7/15
Use of expressions such as "on my radar" (or "flying under the radar" in an earlier chapter) is simply sloppy writing.
Fast Frank chapter 27 . 7/14
Not fully opaque, "translucent" would be better, and stained glass isn't actually paint.
Fast Frank chapter 23 . 7/14
Where would Sirius have watched episodes of 'The Twilight Zone'?
Balrog Roike chapter 69 . 6/22
So~ did Snape trip Evan because Dumbledore told him what was going on or was it Narcissa already suspecting something about "Barty"?

It's also interesting to learn that Regulus has some "sort-of-allies" among the pure bloods and death eaters without really realizing it. Not many who are willing to come right out and declare their loyalty, but quite a few who at least seem willing to trip people for him if nobody else is looking or just look the other way if it's possible. And those "allies" seem to slowly find and connect with each other as well. I wonder if that's one of the reasons he seemed to be one of Voldemort's favorites before his death: He was clever, of the appropriate status, a bit different from his peers and one of the more respected, not just for being a Black but on his own merit as well, at least among the more influential purebloods. Better to make him a firm ally than to risk alienating him only for him to take some loyalties with him...

Anyway, looks like Reggie has hints to two more Horcruxes by now: The room, should he ever connect it to his visions while fighting the locket's Horcrux, and Bella's vault. Hopefully he will realize this soon.

Great work, I'd love to read more of this.
I hope one day you'll continue.
Balrog Roike chapter 58 . 6/22
For somebody who supposedly puts no stack in blood purety, ancient families and all the traditions bound to the same, Sirius is awfully quick to throw around whatever details of it suit him. He lords his new "status" over his brother and uses it at every turn to alienate him. He takes and takes and takes without ever giving anything back or worrying just what all that means to his younger brother now not what else but "taking" being the head of a house actually means.

On another note, as sweet as Regulus' and Rachel's attempts at romance are, they should probably give up. It looks to me as if their relationship only ever worked because they had a definite deadline for it. It meant they both knew it would end and they were so busy making the most of the time they had that they never really faced up to their differences and all the problems those would bring with them. They like each other, sure, but they are simply unable to truly understand each other on some fundamental level and will probably never do so. As sad as it is, to me their romance seems pretty doomed now that there is actually some future where they actually had a chance to live together and would have to find a compromise between their beliefs, ideals and characters.
Balrog Roike chapter 49 . 6/22
Dumbledore is an idiot and I'm really not sure what he's playing at.

He is clearly reluctant to get his own hands (and those of his favorites) dirty in any way but he has absolutely no problem at all to expect other people to do his dirty deeds for him, if they actually know it or not. A good leader would at least be upfront about it.

He's so desperate for a spy that he throws all caution to the wind and tries to force and wheedle anybody who has even the slightest chance of becoming one into the position, no matter what it means for them. (Once again, it's not his hands that will be dirty in the end so he feels fine and blameless). And he pays no mind to any voices opposing his great plan, no matter how justified they may be and how much more they know about the person in question. I mean, why did he ask Marcus to check over Snape at all if, no matter what he found out using legilimency, he wasn't prepared to actually consider it in his decision?

Lastly and most importantly, he got handed the ability to weaken if not take out Voldemort on a silver platter. No obvous drawbacks, no real possibilities of getting his hands dirty, just a clear-cut plan: Get the horcruxes, destory them, have an actual chance of winning - and yet he dallies, seemingly not doing anything about them and trying to keep others from looking them up. One would think destroying them would be the first or second thing on his mind all the time, and yet, he seems to spare them no thought and weakens himself and the order further at every turn.

One can't help but wonder, if he actually wants to win the war at all.
Balrog Roike chapter 37 . 6/21
Soooo~
Is that really Evan's father - or did Regulus get his sneaky genes from his own dad and Orion Black's death was as faked as his own and now Orion is walking around, trying to find out just what his youngest son is up to?
Balrog Roike chapter 31 . 6/21
Wow, the Gryffindors really don't think at all, do they?
Makes me wonder how much earlier the first war could have ended if they had a Slytherin or a Ravenclaw to make their tactics and strategy (the professors seemed mostly neutral, so I don't count them as part of the order).

And they are even more discriminating than the death eaters in their way. Voldemort's followers at least recognize neutral parties, the order only recognizes themselves and everybody who is not with them and therefor has to be on Voldy's side. Especially if they have even the slightest connection to anything Slytherin.

Also, James Potter is a bully and a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum because his favorite toy/playmate just decided that there's more to life than just doing his bidding and agreeing to his ideas and that maybe, now that they are both aren't teenagers anymore, it is time to slowly consider growing up. (Twenty-one is really adult in my opinion - but at least at the start of it and old enough to reconsider previous behavior and do better).

Awesome story, though. I love your Regulus and how your write all the other characters we only know the names of in canon (if at all.) You can tell how much I love it by how I'm looking at the chapter count now and then only the begin to whine "What, only thirty more chapters to go? Whatever am I supposed to read afterwards?"
Please update soon
wiseguy123 chapter 56 . 4/10
I enjoy your writting. I hope you havn't abandoned this story
Please please please don't abandon this story, it is really good
Fast Frank chapter 59 . 3/13
It is the convention in writing that the head gesture for yes is "nod". A shake of the head means no.
Fast Frank chapter 23 . 3/10
Macbeth was written specifically to curry favor with the new (in England) Stuart Dynasty.