Reviews for Harry Potter - Three to Backstep
Campmaget chapter 50 . 10/17
Awesome
Xiaou Nem chapter 28 . 10/17
I’m really enjoying the story.
Some things bug me a little bit, but hey, I understand nothing is ever perfect, and it’s okay to disagree on some things.
I don’t think it’s really that bad of Dumbledore to add more names to his name. That doesn’t make his name “a lie”. A lot of people reinvent themselves by adding or changing their names. Of course we have insider info from the angels, but I thought it was a little bit unnecessary. Focusing on something like the thinking of his eyes/Legilimency would’ve worked better. I think.
Also, Harry is just monologuing all the time. I usually skip these parts. Yeah, I get it, he needs to do a lot of exposition to everyone, but we as readers don’t need to have that written on our noses in every chapter.
Having said that, the story is giving me a few laughs and you have really thought it through. Thank you so much!
Face Yourself chapter 18 . 10/16
On one hand, I enjoy seeing Dumbledore shut down and such. On the other, Harry's turned into... kind of a prick. And the rants were alright at first, but they've gotten entirely excessive in quantity, it feels like there's at least two per chapter and a lot of it is re-hashing... plus the fact that there are so many really takes away the impact and makes him look like a spoiled brat throwing money at lawyers instead of someone who was genuinely wronged like we know he was.
KnowInsight chapter 50 . 10/12
I love finding great fics like this one. it's great fics like this one that spurns me on to continue reading fanfic. i love even more when i find great authors who write in my favorite world. Another great story. Thanks luv. :D
watermelonlolly chapter 47 . 10/8
Truly love this story.
matesscallmekat chapter 3 . 9/30
loving this story an those angels. Ron is so wrong for Hermione in so many ways.
Can someone say why is Daphne not in the books?
Harrison Wells chapter 34 . 9/29
Kniggt is entitled to his opinions Guest just as u are. At least his our actual critìques of the stories & not personal flaming troll attacks
Moonoverwinter chapter 1 . 9/28
Well 'guest' I'm more with London knight on this one. It's extremely irritating to Brits and those of British origin when our English language is butchered by persons who cannot ask for help or are too lazy to look things up?
Also he - I presume he is a he? - has stated several times that he posts in a certain style with slightly odd capitals and punctuation to avoid people posting stuff in his name. I can't register via my work computer or from my iPhone and recall he has same problem. I've talked to him on a gaming website: he comes across as a good guy, highly intelligent but bit pedantic. His gaming knowledge is incredible - I think he has perfect recall from ASD? Okay that's no excuse for everything, but he posted that his being at a boarding school for years, living in Surry, being a similar age to Harry would be now and living in Britain throughout the relevant time period(s) give weight to his opinions? I don't know. To paraphrase that guy from big bang theory 'if you dont teach them, how are they supposed to learn?'.

I read this story about a year ago - often wished someone would point out the glaring mistakes. I have not got the confidence myself. Knight has helped good writers like Silentlywatches, Gandalfsbeard, wordhammer and many more, britpick or get the feel of British terms - and got thanked for it. Would've been great to have him berate that silly writer of My Immortal back then! His sense of humor can be an acquired taste - re: Rules Revisions reviews and others - but can't recall if he's ever personally attacked anyone? - and can be very funny at times.
To "London Knight"

I've had to sit through your worthless reviews complaining about every single non-British thing dating back years. You are not doing anyone any favors. You are filling up the comment sections of these stories with your poorly structured, randomly capitalized, space before every symbol(ed) rants about literally nothing.

Yes, these Americans who love Harry Potter have written fanfiction about it. Yes, the story Harry Potter happens to be take place in Britain. No, they do not have to get every single little local thing correctly. They are not being paid. They do not owe you anything. If you want professional works, go to professional places to get them.

Stop filling up the place with your constant pointless lectures on things no one cares about nor asked for. Stop thinking you are important because you happen originate from the same place as this particular goddamned story.

Pull the stick out of your fake ass royal garbage knight's ass and disappear. Thanks.
Its still a good quote.
Monster King chapter 50 . 9/27
Great story
LK Again chapter 50 . 9/24
Not sure HOW you made so many American type slips/mistakes despite being based in Australia ?
Must be all that Sun & Beers ...
London Knight chapter 50 . 9/24
Finished . Pretty good despite the blaring Americanisms throughout and the odd defiance of logic .
7.3/10 Overall . Well done - take note of my 'suggestion' and look towards improving your future works ;-) LK out .
London Knight chapter 49 . 9/24
Did like Harry leading the Firsties . Reminded me of supervising the younger kids at my Boarding School . AND I'd been there Six Years ( longer than anyone else ) , when we had a lot of new 11 year olds starting that September to .
London Knight chapter 48 . 9/24
Oh dear . Those OWL Grades and the Trio's subsequent Rankings make very little sense ? You don't seem to take into account how few British Magical schoolkids would be taking those exams ? About 40 at Hogwarts & possibly what 80 more Home Schooled / other minor Schools ? For Harry to get all those Os & O results & STILL only Rank 6th ? No. Logic. What. So. Ever.

Consider Albus Dumbledore's OWL results & that he was Top of his year at Hogwarts :
Arithmancy: O