Reviews for Destiny's Call
kttykiwi chapter 10 . 1/29/2008
Wow, this is a really long week huh? I hope you can finish the story soon, i'm kinda liking it.
Melisa S chapter 10 . 12/19/2006
This is F* Awasome! Why did you stop writting!

Please keep on!
dead count chapter 9 . 2/4/2006
intresting hmm i like it, its been my favriot for a long time i just wish you review no pressher thoue.
pud chapter 10 . 12/13/2005
do you think you could start this story up again.
pudding1011 chapter 9 . 8/15/2005
can you please start up this story it was giting relly good so please make usagia happy for me. ()()

(**)

(vv)

()()
wendyghost chapter 10 . 3/24/2005
this is a great story dont really care if its holes or inconsitenscies, is great finish
Deragonmaji chapter 9 . 10/10/2004
This story is so good! I love it! If you have any decincy, you will update! And soon! PLEASE! *jumps around begging*
ni9htdreame12 chapter 10 . 8/24/2004
please update! for crying out loud its been a year!
A Cosmic Creation chapter 10 . 6/22/2004
OH WOW! What a great story! I am a huge fan of Tenchi, and have read A LOT of fanfic. I can honestly say this is the best I have read thus far!

First let me say... Don't listen to what other losers (whiners about your story) say. Yes, when you put your work out for others to read, you do open yourself up to both criticism and praise. But after reading some of the critism left for you, I felt that it was more of an "I would do this if I was writing the story" type thing, rather than, "Here's a plot hole, or something that doesn't make sense from the chapter before, etc."

These people need to remember: This is YOUR story, and you are writing it the way YOUR IMAGINATION is taking it. Just tell them. "Jealougy is a sickness... I hope you get better soon."

Second, combining two of the seasons of Tenchi is not a bad thing. So what if readers may supposedly be confused at the overlap of stories? Last time I checked, the whole Tenchi series is confusing because of the changing roles of characters. Yet we watch and love it anyway... go figure.

Third, I consider myself VERY critical of fanfic that I read. Grammar is a huge issue with me, along with the use of way too many made up characters, that totally detract from the original characters in the story. However, your story is well written. And that's an understatement. If there were to be a continuation of the Tenchi series, your story would be completely believable. I cannot wait to read more.

In all honesty, I am a Tenchi/Ryoko fan. However, even if your story had pitched Tenchi and Ayeka togehter, I feel that I still would have liked it just as much.

One person critisized your role of Ayeka, and was rude enough to suggest you should look at someone else's story for education.

So to you I say: Of course you need to do something with Ayeka, so Tenchi would be free to love Ryoko, without feeling guilt over his failing marriage. Tenchi IS an honorable character, and as you stated in the beginning, he hoped to fall deeper in love with Ayeka. Ryoko was gone, and there wasn't anything left for him on Earth, unless you included the Tokyo series, and that annoying chick Sakuya (please don't!). So why wouldn't he stay with Ayeka and hope to make things work. You clearly show he cares about her and wants to make her happy. And the suggestion by one reviewer that makes Ayeka's 'love' into a crush is very plausable. We well know how competitive Ayeka is, and perhaps, her feelings for Tenchi were heightened because of this. Had Ryoko not been part of the story, perhaps Tenchi's continous rebuffs of Ayeka's affections would have resulted in her disinterest, rather than her obsessive persual of his affections.(yes, I know, Ryoko did that too- but we all know how much she truly loved him, and this was shown many times throughout the series.) Ayeka also thought that her and Tenchi were supposed to be togehter, because of Jurai blood (can we say incest... she's his great aunt, for cryin' out loud!). Just because she thought they were supposed to be together, doesn't mean they were supposed to.

Lastly, I noticed that you have not posted in quite some time. I sincerely hope that this is not because of the dinks that have left comments that are "full of holes". I hope that perhaps my words reach you, and I will look forward to reading another chapter in your well thought out story. (I normally never ever write THIS much, so feel special .)

So to all those out there who have read this fanfic I say: "Relax! If you don't like it, don't read. Why break down another person's aspirations with mean spirited critisism?" In the words of the author, "It's just a story..."
Julie-chan chapter 10 . 4/29/2004
I love your fanfic, especially how you portray the characters. No flaming or bashing a poor character to the ground _ Keep up the good work.
ShanniC chapter 10 . 4/19/2004
I'll be honest here, I love this fic. I think you have done an AMAZING job. It's so well written. Do not give up. This is just a fan fic. You can do whatever you want to your story.
lovely girl chapter 10 . 3/11/2004
don't listen to whatever they are saying... your story is really good... i can't even wait for the next chapter to be posted... post up a new chapter soon...
myrrdinowl chapter 10 . 12/13/2003
are you going to update anytime soon? i really like your story, i love the plot setup and the way that you have the characters setup. please, up date soon!
Nena Camadera chapter 10 . 12/5/2003
I love your story, so update already! This is a good story, to hell with the people who don't like it!
Evan chapter 10 . 11/13/2003
I'm actually surprised at the negative responses some of the reviews have gotten, some from reviewers that I previously respected.

Mostly archangel37 and some others have bought up very valid points with this story that shouldn't be ignored. When you post it in public you should expect people to cite their opinions, be it negative or positive. That's how it works.

And the Ayeka OOCness is a valid argument. And because of the way she is portrayed so it's very easy to 'get rid' of her or push her to the side, which has become a staple cliche of Tenchi fanfiction, that makes the argument have bite.

How would you like it if the tables were turned and Ryoko was pushed to the side so easily? Would you give such a story so much leeway?

What is the use of writing fanfiction if the characters don't resemble their anime counterparts?

It doesn't matter if it's entertaining or not, that is not the sole standard of good fanfiction. Consider yourself lucky that your story recieved such scrutiny Foenixfyre.

I would say to take a good look at archangel37's comments again. However, I looked at all the reviews, I don't see the insults you speak of, and try to keep in mind valid criticisms about the story aren't personal insults. People have a right to post what they think without applauding your every chapter.