Reviews for City Lights Lay Out Before Us
dickwolfrocks chapter 2 . 1/22/2006
how cute!
TrinityWildcat chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
Wow! This is really good. I'd have loved another chapter, but this is great as it stands.
Megu-chan1 chapter 2 . 8/16/2003
cool! please, write more!

Atte. Megumi Sagara
astronaut chapter 2 . 7/30/2003
can't wait to see what's happening next! great story!
Pam chapter 2 . 6/15/2003
Hope there's more to this coming up! Loved. Hey you're right - Vincent's delivery is a little Shatneresque at times...
Nimitz4 chapter 2 . 6/15/2003
Hey ya

My sis told me about you/your story - so I thought I check it out.

No - I change my mind...I am compelled to say more, and seeing as how this is my review piece I'll indulge myself. When I read this I could almost feel the air shifting my hair, it was like I was in that beautiful cherry metallic beast, feeling the hum of the engine through my feet on the floor...I closed my eyes and I could hear Eames & G speaking your words. So much was perfect with this story, to try and describe it just does it an injustice cos I can't capture it fully...but I'll try :-)

The dialogue is perfect - and the rhythm of their speech is captured so wonderfully I'm blown away...I can actually "see" the flow of thought / emotions across G's face as he interrogates E. I can see Eames eyes flashing with suppressed humour as she's enjoying their "game"'s so real to me I love it!

I like the playful teasing - which is one of the foundations of their relationship...a mutual respect, curiosity, interest...and you really captured it, along with that element of know that "..there's something about you that resonnates with me" feeling.

I like your adult depiction of their attraction - that scene in the elevator, ie E's feeling as well as hearing the rumble of his voice. Added a nice texture to the story.

Stories like yours is what hooked me on fanfic :-)

Please write more of this story - I'm dying to see how it ends :-)

Slytherin Sweetheart chapter 2 . 5/1/2003
I love it. Great stroy. Hurry up and finish it soon. :)
FrankaPhile chapter 2 . 4/26/2003
I never thought to compare the line delivery to William Shatner but you're right on the money. My god, I think I love you for the car, writing the dialogue in the style of the characters, giving Eames a little more credit than the show does, the Tracy Chapman reference... Oh. I like it.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
i'm really enjoying this fanfic...each time i read it only gets better ) eagerly awaiting an update!
The Mad Fangirl chapter 2 . 3/3/2003
Okay, this is great stuff! I'm biased, though - I've recently developed an obsession with Bobby Goren that borders on the unhealthy. An I *love* any good Goren/Eames bonding, which looks to be this fic's mainstay. The "you think you know me, but." theme keeps popping up. It's fun, and so is watching Goren exercise his bag of tricks on Eames, not always successfully. More, please!

TMF, regretting that Goren won't meet Frank Pembleton, and waiting for the crossover where Munch says he looks like that subway guy.

P.S. - .the big guy like you do. Sounds right.
Eunice chapter 1 . 2/19/2003
The only CI story out there that rings true, and how! Good grasp of the characters, good banter, and more importantly, it's a slow, careful build-up rather than some melodramatic showdown. Please write the next installment soon!
Zoiy Grockle chapter 2 . 2/13/2003
Come on! u have to continue this! its so cool, i keep coming back here everyday to see if you put another chap up yet, and you haven't! u write bobby the best i've ever seen (sides the show's writers, of course). But really, UPDATE!
sangga chapter 2 . 2/1/2003
there's so little LOCI fic around, and this is an absolute gem. both characters seem to blend and banter perfectly, and there's just that hint of URST that makes it all seem authentic, as per the show (plenty of sass from eames and no puupy-gazing from goren - beautifully handled). altogether, i loved it! but this has to have another chapter (or two or three) right? please say the next part is on its way...i'm hangin out for more!
Barbara chapter 2 . 1/27/2003
I love your road trip! Great story, I love the way Bobby got the jackets and briefcase from the office!
Sylvia chapter 2 . 1/15/2003
Great start! I'm really enjoying this fic. You have the voices down pretty well, and the pacing is good. I look forward to reading more.