Reviews for The Victor
caro chapter 24 . 12/25/2019
dramatico pero a la vez hermoso, como dos personas rotas pueden curar sus cicatrices
Kaka21purple chapter 24 . 4/12/2019
Amazing
Guesthouse chapter 24 . 12/23/2018
Very well done. But, uh, did you forget your own plot? Katniss and gale tried throughout 2/3 of the story to have somethig. It fizzled. What the hell does “They'll never know, if it could have become flame.” even mean in the context of this story? Did you forget what story you had written? They know exactly what they could have had and she rejected it. If she had wanted it she had ample opportunity to try.

You are a superb writer but you seem to always have to insert Peeta as hapless accept-anything bloke. T
jonalle123 chapter 1 . 3/11/2018
I also wanted to add that Katniss had been a wonderful advocate of Peeta’s throughout the story, believing in his innocence when few others did. You also wrote a tribute to Peeta’s strentgh and core moral compass and being true to what’s right. I just wonder if you think that kiss in anyway undermines the great characterization you had for both (her loyalty undermined with a disloyal disrespectful kiss and his right to “real” undermined by her actively engaging in the kiss and still thinking about it afterwards). Sorry I guess I just needed him to do a verbal confrontation on that.

I hope maybe you can respond. Love your work
jonalle123 chapter 24 . 3/11/2018
This is a superbly crafted story. . .

. . . until the end. How selfish a twat must Katniss be to assume that Peeta will just accept any foul treatment she wants to give and to assume he will forgive anything she does. She stood there on his porch (and to be clear it is *his* house) and LET gale kiss her passionately and had the nerve to lament what could have been. Gale is an opportunist and will take whatever she lets him and she LET him disrespect her and Peeta and their relationship. I would have understood if he tried and she pushed him away. But she LET him explore her mouth and got so caught up she forgot Peeta was there!

Maybe I was reading a different story but I could have sworn they had like 15 chapters to explore every possibility of a spark and each other’s mouths. They didn’t. But they wait until they are on Peeta’s porch to do it. What was the purpose of this? Yet another way to screw Peeta over? To show that no matter what he does he gets no respect? What assholes both of them. Peeta couldn’t even curse her out? Would love to hear from the author on this because it’s so out of context with the rest of the story.
Eltrebor chapter 24 . 1/7/2018
Just read your story in one sitting and loved it. I thought the ending was going to be like the end of the actual series with Katniss being a shell of her former self, but you gave me the pleasant surprise of a semi happy ending. Thanks for writing!
stjohn27 chapter 24 . 8/24/2017
This story was enthralling, suspenseful, climactic and I truly could not stop reading it. It was one of the best HG fanfics I've ever read, until...

Peeta welcomes Gale into his home, feeds him, they offer him shelter, then he decides after all that, that now is the time to kiss Katniss and she LET'S him and RETURNS it? And says she feels a "spark of what might have been"? And where Peeta can see it and after everything she's gone through to be with him? Every time Gale tried with her in the beginning of the story, she not only never felt a "spark", she would have thoughts of Peeta instead. What a douche bag move on Gale's part and how canon Katniss is it to let him! It just seems out of place considering the rest of the story.

If only I had a Peeta to kiss away the thought of that little goodbye...lol

I love every other aspect and word of this story. I mean, I really love it. So i guess that is why that allowed kiss sticks out so much.
Jamie chapter 24 . 9/5/2016
Nowhere in the story was there ever a spark between Katniss and Gale. If there had been they certainly had plenty of opportunity to try it out and together and not wonder about what might have been, standing on Peetas porch nonetheless. How rude. Unfortunate unnecessary pilot contrivance in an otherwise near perfect story. It's ok it Gale doesn't get the girl and have no spark with her. He can be redeemed in other ways withiut inserting elements that contradict previous passages in the story.
Not sure chapter 24 . 9/3/2016
She chooses to kiss Gale now, on Peetas porch. Why not kiss him when she thought Peeta was dead. Damn rude. Of course Peeta is totally fine with it. Sigh.
Guest chapter 24 . 9/3/2016
Excellent story. Wonderfully written and crafted. Was damn perfect until this line "Maybe tomorrow…" she begins but she can't finish because Gale is kissing her. And she's letting him, their goodbye. For a moment, she feels it, the spark that could have been. They'll never know, if it could have become flame.

She had her chance to be with Gale and she rejected it. Now suddenly she feels a spark. Quite a disconnect from earlier chapters, added simply to appease Gale fans. Too bad. Should have left it as a recognition of the lack of a romantic spark but the possibility of a lasting friendship. But that's not sexy.
Guest chapter 24 . 8/4/2016
I just love the quirky nature of your stories, the plots are so unique and engaging. And I like that you don't portray Gale as one dimensional villain...although I could do without the implication that there is some sort of passion between Katniss and Gale. Because, ewww Galeniss! and because I thought canon was pretty clear that any romantic behavior Katniss displayed towards Gale was borne out of a sense of owing, guilt, and/or despair (she could get lost in the sensation of kissing, but it could have been with anyone, and she only ever felt "hunger" with Peeta).
krystalmarie26 chapter 24 . 5/27/2016
THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely completely and utterly loved this story. So much angst and just ugh so so so perfect.
Lizardphobia chapter 24 . 5/26/2016
Oh my god. This is mind blowing. I really wished that the final few chapters had been more fleshed out in terms of Everlark interaction, but nonetheless, this was amazingly well-written. I loved every bit of it. Thank you for sharing.
Lizardphobia chapter 18 . 5/26/2016
So so rare to see Katniss fighting for Peeta, even in fanfiction. I wonder what she will find in the underground room. Suspense!
Lizardphobia chapter 17 . 5/26/2016
God. Poor Peeta. Poor poor poor Peeta. I'm loving how Katniss is fighting for him.