Reviews for A Place of Greater Safety
duncanmorin0 chapter 1 . 9/10
Just remember, anyone that can’t sign in to leave a review is at best idiotic cowards. Any mouth breathing, drooling troglodyte can rant anonymously, yet what they have to say is worth less than the breath it would take to speak their hollow and bitter words.

Pity them for they are both pathetic and useless, shouting into a void as though they can bring meaning to their own pointless, useless existence. Tearing out hers down is the closest they will ever come to accomplishing anything.
Jon Snow's dark curls might just be the absolute end of me. He is literally the spitting image of Ned Stark, but with darker eyes. Are you telling me that Ned Stark has just-about-black curls? No? then fucking keep up with the narrative. absolute retard you are. "yeah man, ned has some straight brown hair, usually stern grey eyes, and Jon is supposed to look exactly like him"
"jon snow's dark (just fucking say black man we know what you are picturing you retard) curls were covering his eyesight" how the fuck do you go from Straight Brown Hair to fucking Black Curly Hair and say they look the same? jesus fucking christ you guys do not as much as read what you type. genuinely so fucking braindead to the point I cannot even imagine your thought process
hate all these absolute numbskulls commenting as if they know shit, you literally just gotta go on google and type his fucking name, then go on the awoiaf page
Jeor joined the watch before fucking Robert's Rebellion. He did not abdicate Bear Island as "atonement," but keep chatting absolute bullshit if you will.
Soraslove chapter 4 . 4/5
Well.. i guess jon is done for.
Soraslove chapter 1 . 4/5
Catelyn is a fucking bitch, i don't understand how ned can stick his cock in a woman like that enough to beget 5 children no less.
Critic chapter 8 . 3/16
Hmm I like this alot but Lady Dustin has to know it won't hold water.

Mainly due to Jon being taken to King's Landing after the Tower of Joy. Everyone know Ned came back from the south with 2 boys. He wouldn't have had time to go north and retrieve Brandon's son.
Kuman chapter 11 . 1/23
LOL I know now that Jorah mistake last chapter was just that. A mistake. Good recovery though, Its doubtful that many will know the full details of what happens in Bear Island considering how isolated they are.

I like this story a lot to be honest. All the intrigue and the kidnapping attempt was very exciting. You portray Roose Bolton as an opportunist but not a madman. He got dragged into his sister in law's insane plan and before he could react the castle was already under attack. He really didn't have a choice anymore.

Still you really need to be more aware of travel times and distance. The North is HUGE and doesn't have many roads. It would take months to cross it by carriage. Also I believe the realm is in summer time by this time of the story. Its mentioned in the books and the show that summer has been ongoing for near 10 years now. Yet you portray the North as a frozen wasteland with snow everywhere even though its considered pleasant during summer time. Its theorized that the average temperature in the North is about 25 degrees or so in summer. In other words, too much snow for even the summer snows mentioned in the books
Kuman chapter 10 . 1/23
Jorah is Jeor's son. Maege is Jeor's sister. Jorah is Maege's nephew. After Jorah was caught slaving he escaped and left Longclaw behind. With no more heirs, Jeor joined the Night's Watch as atonement for his son's crimes while Maege took over leadership of Bear Island
Kuman chapter 6 . 1/23
This story is getting more convoluted by the chapter. How the heck did Jon, a 13 year old, traverse over 300 miles in one day on FOOT before getting picked up by Bolton men who bring him back to the Dreadfort which is about another 150 miles away? And how the Hell did Barbary freaking Dustin travel from Barrowton to the Dreadfort in one day? The distance between both castles is about 800 miles...Even if she was the most skilled rider in history and had a dozen horses waiting for her at waystations it would take her at least 3 days to get to the Dreadfort...IF it was a STRAIGHT LINE! The actual distance is easily over a 1000 miles since she will have to travel to either Winterfell or White Harbour to cross the White Knife and let's assume there's independent bridges that she can use, which there isn't as we already know that the North is severely underdeveloped when it comes to infrastructure, it would take her a week to get to the Dreadfort. Then again you showed us at the end of this chapter that she has a carriage which means she didn't ride all the way here. A carriage from Barrowton to Dreadfort would take a minimum of 10 days if the roads are good...which they aren't.

But what really irks me so far is how you are portraying Jon as a feeble and naïve 6 year old who can be manhandled by some woman rather than the 13 year old whom we know is perceptive and smart enough to know better than trust some random lady he never heard of before. Just by listening to her claiming that Roose Bolton already sent a raven to Ned 3 days ago should send alarm bells in his mind considering he was only at the Dreadfort for 2 days.

Sorry for the long rant but I had to get it out of my mind
kalipendragon chapter 14 . 12/29/2020
This is probably the only fic I've read that Catelyn is humanized in a such a believable way.. Impressive work!
stevem1 chapter 2 . 12/9/2020
She’d never given him cause to be scared of her? Maybe she should revaluate her behavior from last chapter as Exhibit 1.
stevem1 chapter 1 . 12/9/2020
I don’t care who you dress it up, it’s easy to despise both Ned and Catelyn.
FuckDD chapter 14 . 12/9/2020
I love, love, LOVE this. Thank you.
FuckDD chapter 10 . 12/9/2020
Damn Boltons... this is incredible by the way. Brilliant, and can't wait to jump right into Full Fathom Five.