Reviews for A Place of Greater Safety
Tony McNucklz chapter 14 . 5/29
despite the catelyn bit during the fight, this was a strong finish to me. I really enjoyed the story and how you left the dreadforts future open to many possibilities going into your sequel. looking forward to it!
Tony McNucklz chapter 11 . 5/29
why would catalyn be anywhere near a possible battle? that makes absolutely no sense. and worse is the part where she clobbered Roose with a cup. it feels like you forced barefaced nonsense entirely to set up having catelyn somehow redeem herself, but it just feels so contrived. and worse is her getting into the castle without a single man noticing her? and walking around the castle again without anyone at all running about? It just doesn't fit. Ned finding jon after the fighting done works better, but her involvement is just nonsensical. I was actually enjoying this up until you then forced the bit where Roose dies because the lady trout whacked him with a cup. not a good use of the lord Bolton character.
dragonfox123 chapter 2 . 3/22
Interesting chapter and plot and idea
Marvelmyra chapter 4 . 2/23
hanker him ? Hassle him perhaps ? Or possibly to nag at him ? to hanker means to wish for or desire, I'm a hankerin' for a steak dinner.
tomiya shiro chapter 14 . 10/19/2017
This was great, really! Loved how you crafted the characters! Great job. Keep writing mate!
Grunty chapter 5 . 10/10/2017
Cat was a bitch in the show, a bigger bitch in the novels, and a superbitch in this fic.

There's anger because her husband lied to her?

She pities Jon Snow...

Where's the guilt for mistreating that little boy, huh?
TheWateringWizard chapter 14 . 9/28/2017
*clap, clap, clap* what a great story! The odd mistake here and there but nothing too troublesome! And off to the sequel!
TheWateringWizard chapter 12 . 9/28/2017
I'm mitigated regarding John's reaction. To go in such a fury because you learned who your parents where? The truth isn't that bad AND you are part Stark as your mother was one! Look at the good side and stop thinking about all the lies. Once you're thinking rationally, you'll realise that the lies had to be told for your protection.

Even though I love your story and can't wait to read the sequel, I'm having trouble equating your Jon to the Jon we see at the beginning of the show. He was always frightened or crying or something else... Well there's still to years to develop before reaching canon.
TheWateringWizard chapter 11 . 9/28/2017
YESSSS! Roose is dead! Now just get rid of that scum-eating, little piece of psychopathic shit that is Ramsay. He did countless atrocious things but the one I'll never forgive is his rape of Sansa (well I'll also never forgive the writers of the show as she was not the one originally raped)
TheWateringWizard chapter 10 . 9/28/2017
Hey, that's a good excuse to get rid of the Bolton's altogether
TheWateringWizard chapter 9 . 9/28/2017
Okay so Lady Dustin is bat-shit crazy and she's honestly pretty scary. Mad people are usually scary.

But one thing that REALLY bothers me, the Starks DON'T HAVE A CARRIAGE. Please stop giving carriages to everyone. This is a "medieval" setting, not the 18th century. In GoT, I'm sure that even the royal family, when they go to Winterfell, go by horse and not by carriage
TheWateringWizard chapter 7 . 9/28/2017
Wait, Robb is in Ramsay's company? Well I shall pray for him
TheWateringWizard chapter 5 . 9/28/2017
Wow Jon is in deep trouble...
TheWateringWizard chapter 4 . 9/28/2017
I know Ned is worried, he is a father, Jon is the son of his dead sister BUT people aren't gonna simply find out about his heritage just by looking at him when someone like Catlyn who has lived with him for 12 years couldn't even find out...
TheWateringWizard chapter 3 . 9/28/2017
Bolton's men?! Oh fuckedy fuck... Can Jon inadvertently trip up Ramsay and have him fall on a spear?