Reviews for Legolas Shall Be For The Elves
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 1 . 3/10
This is a really great portrayal of Legolas.
UnofficialBrideOfPeregrinTook chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
I love this! Legolas seems so lively. Haha. But really I quite enjoyed this. Love me some Glorfindel and some Pippin too. Thanks for sharing!
Amanthya chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
I think you captured the spirit of book-Legolas really well here, as well as answered why Elrond would choose him, a king's son, less renown, for the fellowship.
OdysseusWanders chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
The snapshot was well written. Honestly, I enjoyed it, but what really added depth was the scholarship and explanations. Thank you. (I first read from a 3 book box set printed in 1978.)
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Very good.
MavenAlysse chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
I liked this story. A lot. And the more I contemplated it, the more I like it. I'm pretty sure it's due to the amount of research you put into the story (and I thank you for adding your 'sources') which gives decided depth to the characters reasonings. Course, it could be that I love the mental image of Legolas playing frisbee with Merry and Pippen. ::Grin::

Thank you for sharing.
Alfirineth chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
That was an amazingly well put together story. I quite enjoyed myself while reading it.

There was one sentence that was slightly confusing: "Glorfindel looked up at Elrond, descending the walk, his arms laden with a disordered pile of books, maps and papers." It is not really clear whether it was Elrond who had the books or Glorfindel until several sentences later.

On another note, your style reminds me of Patricia McKillip.
Whispering Darkness chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
An awesome missing scene moment. Legolas interaction with Merry and Pippin was great and I loved the last part of Glorfindel and Elrond's conversation about how a young tree that can bend could better weather the storm.

Lovely story!
T'Kath chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Juhu - fungames in the herb-garden. What a sight to behold! Thanks for this.
Laurenke1 chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
I liked your story. Very nice.

I like huskies by the way, don't know why I said that but I do.

_

Lauren
Daethule chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
wow. loved it. very well done, and very intelligent. loved the reasoning behind it all. a welcome respite from the hundreds upon hundreds of other mindless fics who are authored by someone who only likes L.R. because "Legolas is soo hott." i only come across a piece like this once in a very very long time. thank you for sharing it with us.

Dt
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 4/2/2005
This was a very cute, very entertaining story. I do feel a little dismayed that Glorfindel DIDN'T go on the Quest, because I really do love his character. I really enjoyed the piepan frisbee game, and it was a very sweet, light plotline.

One nitpick - Legolas' last name isn't Greenleaf. Legolas means "Green leaf" in Elvish.

In any case, this was a beautiful story.

This is on my C2 list!

~Avie~
Templa Otmena chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
I just 'discovered' you and your wonderful work last night and in my breaks (which are few and short) instead of replenishing my strength with a hearty lunch I am working my way through said pieces.

'Legolas Shall Be For The Elves' is wonderful. You capture our favourite woodland prince amazingly and your love for him shines through ;) I am immersed in your essay on him as an archetype (I'm saving that for when I get home for some 'heavy' reading) and, whilst not going in to detail, form what I've read so far all of his attributes and qualities and quitks are captured here in some way shape or form...

Oops! Times up...!

Excellent viginette :)
Saturn's Hikari chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Awesome! Just amazing. I love your writing style and I adore this fic.

You really are one of the great Lord of the Rings Fanfic writers. One of the ones that I really look up to and I aspire to one day do as much as you have.

Cheers,

Saturn's Hikari
minavox chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
This is exactly what I love about fanfiction.

It fills a gap one wasn't actually aware of before, and it does so in a totally amusing way.

I love the banter, I love the Council of Elronds Piepan, and I love the absolutely fitting explanation of "why Legolas". Read your story several times, but always forgot to comment... *g*

mina