Reviews for The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Jaricchi chapter 63 . 10/10
it was absolutely brilliant. thank u for sharing this. im on my phone so i cnt spazz properly, but know that this is awesome. take care
arinasution5 chapter 63 . 9/26
Goo
Ursularix chapter 63 . 7/23
Hey there!

First, thank you so much for an absolutely delightful story. I was a bit skeptical at first, as the combi of Luffy and growing up with the WBP couldve gone very wrong. But I loved it, from his toddler stage to the 17y old setting out to collect his nakama!

I really enjoyed your subtle humour, like luffy dragging one leg as a toddler. Great job with developing the characters and relationships, I could really see Ace grow, Luffy change and Marco's realizations. I'm amazed how you managed to make WB the father figure Luffy would need, while still portraying him as a parent who gives equal attention to every son.

And lastly, great, great job and surprise how you took original plots and dialogues and weaved them into your story. The part "2 years later" made me so happily excited when I recognized the words! I loved that Luffy got his tattoo, but in an inconspicuous place as he will sail under his own flag.

I am looking forward how you'll continue this story, as it starts out with Luffy being so much stronger than the original already. Feels like he's at the level of after the timeskip. Will his nakama have become that strong as well? Especially Nami and Usopp, who had a 2-year warning in advance.

Thank you for this great story, I squealed and laughed and felt with the characters.
Can't wait for the sequel, hope you will finish it, as this prequel is too good to be left incomplete.
Ravenclaw Slytherin chapter 63 . 6/30
This story was so amazing and cute, and wonderful! I can't wait to go read the next one!
miaka-chan712 chapter 1 . 4/14
.xkwkooi.. mmkwj..k.k
Mr. Blackwood chapter 63 . 3/29
This is an amazing story, I just finished it and I love it a lot :D now I'm going to continue with your sequel so wish me luck xD
LadyTeldra chapter 1 . 3/28
This is very similar to the start "It Takes a Village (Or a Pirate Crew)"...

I'll probably read this later. It's late and I have things to do in the morning.
But bullets don't hurt luffy?
Sherlock D Holmes chapter 63 . 12/29/2016
Well, I guess it's over. I can't say that I didn't enjoy the story. It certainly did make me feel sorta fuzzy and warm inside, and it was very entertaining. You made their relationships so believable and I just can't have enough of Thatch. You turned a barely touched on character into such a lovable persona, Id hate to see him die. whatever the case, except for a few Canon rippoffs that pissed me off, your story was alright. I guess I'll give it an 8/10. You should REALLY watch out for run on sentences. It's like you don't know that the comma and fullstop keys exist. Jesus mang its basic punctuation Gahhh. I can't wait to read your sequel.
Sherlock D Holmes chapter 52 . 12/29/2016
Marco doesn't say Yoi all the time, and it's getting to the point where I can't even take him seriously yoi
Sherlock D Holmes chapter 39 . 12/29/2016
How the hell is Law a pirate when Luffy is only 12? Isn't he a supernova, and aren't all supernovas rookies? If Law has been a pirate for five years, then he wouldn't a rookie.
Sherlock D Holmes chapter 25 . 12/29/2016
This is the fourth time you blatantly ripped of the Canon, down to the bounty the shitty bandit has. It makes little to no sense that anyone in the grand line wouldn't know who SHANKS is, but you obviously ran out of ideas so you incorporated things from the Canon, no matter how disjointed and out-of-place it seems. Jesus man brush up.
Sherlock D Holmes chapter 25 . 12/29/2016
JESUS CHRIST WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LET SHANKS KEEP HIS ARM. This story is just becoming more and more illogical
Brasil Lasagn chapter 55 . 12/27/2016
Looking at this I can't wait for the whitebeard crew to react to Hancock being in love with Luffy.
tanithlipsky chapter 63 . 12/16/2016
very good. I like it a lot. I mean it.