Reviews for Harry Potter: Geth
Loved this! Amazing stuff
nerwin27 chapter 37 . 19h
c
Fullmetal11791 chapter 43 . 3/22
Honestly not sure how to rate this story. There were parts that I really enjoyed, that had me smiling and laughing. There were also parts that I really didn't enjoy, that had me cringing and almost closing out the story. There were also inconsistencies, such as calling Lefty "Legion" a few times, and referring to the Geth as a hive mind, or implying that they can all immediately share all the experiences that one platform experiences, when they are not and can not. However, I think that all in all it was a fun story, so thanks for writing.
Tjin chapter 43 . 3/20
that was fun... thanks for letting us read.
Fullmetal11791 chapter 36 . 3/20
...why do you keep using the word "mate" to describe sex, especially when you're talking about the non geth aliens? Non-sentient beasts mate, and it implies having sex for the sole reason of having kids. Instinctual, and there's rarely "consent" with both animals, which is why we also use the word "submit" when we're talking about breeding animals.

Sentient creatures have sex, and it's usually a choice. By referring to sex as "'mating" throughout this story, you are, for lack of a better word, dehumanizing all the other races. I suppose a better word would be de-sentientizing? You get the point. You're either doing it to make them sub-human, which I don't think is your goal, or you're doing it because you think it's a less dirty word for sex? Or something. It doesn't make any sense.
Mikey P chapter 43 . 3/17
Follow-up to my earlier review...

Stupid me, I didn't realise that you've written some of my favourite stories... I'm terrible with remembering names.

However, loved this story, just as I have enjoyed "Potter's Protector", "Champion", "The Debt", and "Death's Little Brother".

Could you do a decent Halo/Mass Effect cross? I've read several, but they're either very poorly written or never finished. I'd love to see what you would do with dumping the Chief and Cortana into Mass Effect.
Mikey P chapter 43 . 3/17
Loved the story. My neighbours must think I'm nuts with all the laughing and giggling I've done while reading this.

My only complaint is for the occassional grammar goofs (like the use the "where" instead of "were" that happens a few time). Nothing a proof-read shouldn't fix, and nothing bad enough to spoil enjoyment of the story itself.

"Miss Lawson, your panty lines are showing!"

Bwahahahaha.

I'm off to see what else you've written.
Fullmetal11791 chapter 19 . 3/19
I feel like the whole relationship between Tali and Harry has moved extraordinary quickly. She kisses him, which is fine, and less than an hour later Harry is diving through space to try and save John from burning up in the atmosphere. Within days Harry has his hologram working, and within a month and a half, he's back in his body. A month and a half of "dating", and they're both talking about marriage, when Harry didn't even know Tali liked him before she kissed him. It's not really believeable.
BumpsInTheNight chapter 43 . 3/12
I absolutely loved this story. I don't know if I started it yesterday or the day before, time kinda lost meaning while I read. It was so difficult to put it down any time I had to take care of real life stuff. There was only one loose end that bothered me which was the house elves. I didn't expect them to have a role other than being awesome in the story's aftermath, but I was disappointed that they didn't show up. Just a very small matter after such an amazing story though. I can't believe it's over! I had so much fun reading. I don't have the words to continue, but I wish I did. So very glad that I checked the ME crossovers even though I've only watched 2 and 3 played through once each. Thank you for sharing.
darthvader042 chapter 8 . 3/14
until this chapter it was "harry potter and the quest to get back to earth" lol
son of a peach chapter 42 . 3/12
For starter, I want to say I appreciate this story, and your effort in writing it. It kept me entertained and amused over the past week. I read part of this many months ago, and was shagrinned to not find it in my faves/follows, so I ended up having to do several google searches of various remembered pieces in order to find it. Hopefully that should tell you how much the parts I did remember the better part of a year later stuck with me, that I would go through the trouble to track it down. In any event, good luck on your future tales, and thanks again for writing,
SoaP
Ps: ff wouldn't let me post a second review on the last chapter (and for some reason you can't review a story entire) so I moved it here
stevefocus chapter 43 . 3/10
Really great story, looking forward to reading some of your other work.
hpf2114 chapter 43 . 3/6
Love it! Dam nice piece of writing.
momocolady chapter 43 . 3/3
I love this story. Thank you for writing and sharing. And it did make me laugh.
DocSlendy chapter 43 . 3/2
I lost myself in the binge reading, this has been amazing and I look forward to reading even more of your work!
2,116 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »