Reviews for Midgets and Mooncalves
Rake1810 chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
Great short. Very amusing and a great ending for 600 words.
erbkaiser - closed account chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
Oh the sacrifice poor Harry will have to make.

Love the idea. Wish I'd thought of it first, there's a good longer version of this possible!
Darksnider05 chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
That's how it's done Harry.
LWJ2 chapter 3 . 11/11/2014
Snort. Yeah, they'll see each other at Compline, when the convent and monastery sing together. And maybe in the scriptorium.
LWJ2 chapter 2 . 11/11/2014
I recall - vaguely - dynastic/political marriages with pre-pubescent brides (and some grooms) wherein the contract required consummation only after the bride/groom was in their early/mid-teens. But yeah, there are places for men who have sex with kids, usually their roomies are named Bubba, Leroy or Chico - or variations on same - and haven't seen a female in decades. One of my plot bunnies had Malfoy going to Long Kesh - the very English aristo in with the IRA. :)
dayfox96 chapter 3 . 11/10/2014
Huh dont know how to feel about this one
im kinda on hermione's side but
i kinda hate harry in this one. he manged to give off that submissive air in like a paragraph.
I dislike how hermione handled the confrontations but cant say she did the wrong thing on that plot bit.
Wonder why she had a stuck up moment on those hufflepuffs
Ibskib chapter 3 . 11/5/2014
I didn't see the chapter title before starting to read, but that was certainly my first thought...Poor Harry.
Runecutter chapter 3 . 11/4/2014
A wonderful idea, which somewhat still lacks in the execution department... and i'm not even sure what it feels that way...

I guess she sits too much in the middle of it to be believable in this cockblock role... you should choose and really go with one of the two extremes (either consciously sabotaging everything, but with a plausible motif like securing her own dibs or even vetting the fangirls out of the really interested bunch... or absolutely clueless and not knowing what they talk about... )

Also why is Harry now suffering under her obsession just because Ron wisened up, ignores every plea to study harder and is getting major skirt all the time? That does not sound fair :D
Slytherin66 chapter 3 . 11/3/2014
This was good. Hermione does tend to keep Harry to herself.

A great line "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

I think Harry put more effort into being a seeker than his studies or killing Riddle.

Thanks for this.
Wonderbee31 chapter 3 . 11/3/2014
Heh, that was a fun section there, and could see Hermione making sure that Harry is safer than usual, and maybe sub consciously trying to keep him for herself, even if not in a dating way, but just because he's her Harry.
Slytherin66 chapter 2 . 11/2/2014
This was a depressing story for all concerned but it does show how hard life can be for Harry/Gabrielle and the difficult situation they find themselves in.

Well said about how lacking the staff of Hogwart's are.

Still I like the Veela and think Harry is better off paired with one if age is not too big an issue.

I look forward to what you post next.
Runecutter chapter 2 . 11/1/2014
I guess that's just the newest way the horrid mutations of the whole "veela" trope are trying to return to utterly intolerable after yet another wave of them finally was bested by decent writers finding better ways to deal with it than the tsunami of badfics that started out with running the whole thing into the ground :D

I feel myself reminded of "Jurassic Park"... "Nature will always find a way" (to return any FFnet Trope into unreadability and annoyance factors larger than 9000 :P)

Pretty nice way of dealing with the "problem"... although it's not quite typical for Harry... usually he'd have looked first for Hermione to tell him what to do :P After all Adults never helped him in any substantial way why should the snotty frenchies be different? And Fleur (who has to be "of age" as she was entered without protest into the TWT) seems to confirm the pattern, doesn't she?
The Mad Mad Reviewer chapter 2 . 11/1/2014
For this trope a bit more on the far more depressing end of the scale, I'd recommend "Playmate" by Yunaine.
Suiadan chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
I have to admit, I would love to see this continued...
amortentiate chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
Excellent start. Hope your muse pushes you to continue this.
181 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 Next »