Reviews for The Unrelenting Frozen Seas: The Journey
Guest chapter 8 . 8/8/2021
I decided that I dislike Rhode, author. She's too much of a surly douche under her entertainingly rebellious shell. Would've been better if she was a more shallow character, which is kind of a novel situation. And the narrative is laser focused on her; everyone else only gets tiny bits of spotlight ever since Thalia, she has no friends at Hogwarts to distract from her unlikability and life at Hogwarts is just too dang boring compared to her adventures on the run. Not to mention she's WAAAY too powerful for HP plot, she's got a good shot at winning OotP bossfight right now.

All this adds up to an unappealing story, despite the obvious high skill you got at writing it, author. I'd've liked to keep reading for your prose skills but can't handle a disagreeable protagonist on top of a tensionless plot.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2021
Author, are you aware that you put a flashback inside a flashback? Because you did.
Yub chapter 3 . 7/9/2021
Oh my fucking god that dagger is what Luke uses to stab himself when he is possessed by Kronos isn't it?
Guest chapter 6 . 5/14/2021
Rhode should believe more than anyone there that names have power, being from a world where they literally do, so it’s unrealistic she’d say Voldemort’s name so causally. Although his name doesn’t carry any literal weight like some Greek beings, she should still believe it does.
Guest chapter 18 . 5/4/2021
Through this first book I've seen 3 references
Gaige referencing pinkie pie from my little pony with her
"Cross my eye, hope to die, stick a muffins in my eye"
I also saw Rhode with frozen "the cold never bothered me anyways" and one other I forgot which was between these two
Amazing so far and looking forward to more
Kitsune Obsessed Freak chapter 4 . 4/21/2021
I did cry at the ending of this chapt'r of thy st'ry.

thee has't a talent f'r the art of the writ w'rd
ElyseSyrova chapter 12 . 4/18/2021
Err... Don't ALL the students up through 5th year have multiple quite sharp knives as part of their required school supplies for their Potions class? How can one student be punished for having a knife if all of them do. Also, the professors offered no indication that they could prove the one Rhode threw was, in fact, hers. Therefore, punishing her for not having a knife makes even less sense than punishing her for having one. Less sense than even wizards manage most of the time...
weirdhead chapter 17 . 11/20/2020
Don’t know this. I'm astounded, but would Snape open up?
weirdhead chapter 12 . 11/20/2020
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

It is unfair. Challenges of second year is getting ended so quickly. Bassilsk should have had those powers. (It could have been claimed that this is another breed of monsters, after all.) Snape was a master occlumens at the point. I get it you’re not much of a snape fan, but its unfair for him to say he lost his cool by panicking for a little snake. If he lost at sight of Voldemort...one dead Spy. You could have done it with Remus Lupin, which is Snape's one of worst moments. They should have known the parseltongue talent, due to being Poseidon’s daughter, most likely she could speak with sea serpents. I must say, Rhode's wizarding world adventures aren’t that entertaining cause they haven’t faced much of challenge. Voldemort must be a demigod, so Rhode face much of challenge.
weirdhead chapter 11 . 11/20/2020
Well...frozen seas can mean another thing too...I don’t like it much, snowflake!

And how come wizarding world didn’t have much demigods? Wizarding world is connected to Hecate, so how do they don’t know about their roots? At least Dumbledore should.
weirdhead chapter 10 . 11/20/2020
Bulls are sacred for Gaea as well, as long as I know.
weirdhead chapter 9 . 11/20/2020
Well, for one, Celestial Bronze and Imperial gold must deflect spells! Every one of them. And they are resistant to magic. Yup.

And hope you don’t throw Ron and Hermione into the trash bag. Even if it was necessary for the plot, I didn't like how they got sidelined. Actually, this is my only disappointment throughout the entire story.

You have done well, for this year. Lets see further.
weirdhead chapter 8 . 11/20/2020
Redemption of Snape was ok with me, so was Malfoy's.
weirdhead chapter 7 . 11/20/2020
Yeah, but it feels kinda unfair for Ron's side. He never got the chance to make it up to Hermione, even if he didn’t make much wrong. Hope you thought of something.

You could have made other members of trio demigods too, Ron could have been impulsive son of Athena, who's a specialist of battle strategy, Hermione could have been intelligent daughter of Apollo...its not stereotypes at all. While they wouldn't be close as the runaway 4,but they could have been somewhat close that way.

But I agree, since Rhode is the only demigod, the plot should flow that way..
weirdhead chapter 6 . 11/20/2020
Notice. Rhode gets magical protection due to physique of a demigod, also an amplification of raw power.
1,022 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »