Reviews for The Rumour Mill
Maggoty Anne chapter 5 . 5/29/2008
Oh my god, Vimes and Vetinari?

Out of all possible disc pairings, this would be the last i'd expect. But it works, in an extremely creepy way. I guess. Well, it doesn't make me want to projectile vomit like a lot of other ones do.

Overall, I think you have potential, but you REALLY need to work on keeping in character. Vimes blushing? God, that's just wrong. Also, I don't understand Vetinari's motives. Was he curious? Trying to manipulate Vimes? If you here a rumor you're screwing, your first reaction isn't usually to screw them. (I only used the screwing metaphor because people don't spead rumors about you kissing someone.)

Sorry this review is so critical.
Not your average chapter 5 . 1/31/2005
what? no more! don't be ridiculous. my mouse was already going to click the 'next chapter' button so clearly you should start writing some more of this right now! otherwise i might get angry...and you wouldn't like me when i'm angry. *pokes author with a stick* write more, damn you. and come and review my new story...please? NYA
Winter-Eyes chapter 5 . 1/24/2005
finally getting to review ure story and i must say i'm very impressed! ure characters may seem a little ooc but that is perfectly understandable seeing as TP never wrote anything similar you can draw on...u know i'm guilty of it too! anything more by u would be most welcome!
joymouse-8675309 chapter 5 . 1/23/2005
I personally want it to stay VV, but its your choice. Maybe you could make Sybil evil or sumthing, so Vimes won't feel so bad about cheating, hm?
Reija Linn chapter 5 . 7/30/2004
Now, where should I start. I read this story with mixed feelings. I hasten to say, though, that all of the actual writing was very nicely done, and in a style I quite appreciate.

Chapter one was done pretty well, and your take on the Patrician is quite good, except that I don't think he's quite as power-hungry as you make him out to be. Well, not in the same way as you write him. It's hard to explain. Vimes was a little too mushy at the end, his thoughts about Vetinari were a little too cliché-slash for my liking, but otherwise chapter 1 was very good. Especially the first few paragraphs, they were fantastic.

Chapter two was outright beautifull, though again the slash cliches at the end distracted me a little (all those strong capable hands, sensuous lips, etc.). Chapter 3 was okay, though I can't quite believe that someone could just intrude upon the Patrician by telling his clerk he's expected. I just can't picture it.

Chapter 4, very nice, except above mentioned quirk. And chapter 5... nicely written, and it would have perhaps been fitting for a different pair of characters, but all in all it was too romance-like for Vimes/Vetinari. They're not like that.

I'm sorry if this sounds more like a nag than a review, but I wouldn't bother if I didn't think that the story was worth it, honestly. It's the fact that I enjoyed it that made me press the review button. The fact that I think it could be a lot better, even, makes this more of a crit, but the potential is very good.
Estelendur chapter 5 . 5/12/2004
More! We wants more, my precious, we does indeed. Hehe. Sorry.
Nuke F. Montagne chapter 5 . 3/8/2004
no way! vimes SO belongs with havvie-darling! it's plain to see!
continuecontinuecontinue
BlackAngelGirl chapter 5 . 3/15/2003
Argh! This cant be the last chapter! But YEAH, there was the kiss! And its beautiful! *cry*

I love this story! Could you write a chapter more? ;-)
BlackAngelGirl chapter 4 . 2/10/2003
Oh. Oh my god. What Vimes want to say?

And... What Vetinari will replied? So, Continueeeeeeeee!
samvimes chapter 3 . 2/1/2003
What an intriguing thought.

I have to say I'm not a fan of slash, but I pushed through. I wanted to compliment you on the opening of part two - the paving-stones and "should he tell her". That's poetry.
Mercator chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
The best part was really the first few paragraphs...though the description of Vetinari's smile reminded me more of the Grinch! It still made me laugh.

I am absolutely no fan of slash fics so I can't really comment on the rest of the story. I just wanted to say bravo on the above.
BlackAngelGirl chapter 3 . 1/19/2003
Yo! Great chapter. So continuuueee!

Cu, Blacky.
BlackAngelGirl chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
Yeah! Great! Its wonderful. Please write more.

Cu, BAG
Alseid chapter 1 . 11/29/2002
I only have one response to that:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Thalia10 chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
This is adorable! Awesome, cute, eek. Dialogue is wonderfully funny and largely in character. The whole thing is extremely well-written, with just a hint of Pratchett (and possibly a pinch of Margaret Mitchell.) The only CC I could possibly offer: the ending seems a bit short: the last paragraph goes by too quickly. Maybe you could add a bit into that last paragraph...