Reviews for Valhalla
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
That was bloody marvellous. Thank you for the very real pleasure. Please, do write more.
Amy G chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
Oh, that was fun. ;) I came in ready to be uncharitable toward your narrator for being a young-female-original-character, but she was just unobtrusive enough-not invisible, but leaving the focus where it needed to be. One of the things I've always found most charming about the Holmes stories is that they never seem to really *end*-in the imagination Holmes is still pottering about with his bees and chemicals somewhere, and Watson seeing his patients in London-but I like this anyhow. You've succeeded-because I'm guessing it was intentional-in giving Watson his own Last Bow in exactly the style to which he was accustomed.

No real nitpicks here. _
jwc chapter 1 . 12/5/2002
Just bloody marvelous. Truly a wonderful coda and almost worthy of being 'canonical'.
Dali2theLlamasquared chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
I simply loved it! It was a wonderful story, and the ending was superb! I hope you will write more! It was a beautiful story filled with much compassion and feeling! I haven't read a Watson-based story for a long time, and I must say this was one of the best! You should think about getting it published in a Holmes anthology of some sort! It would go over very well!
Ira chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
Not at all bad.
Steve Clarkson chapter 1 . 11/30/2002
As a longtime Baker Street Irregular I admit to being chary of Sherlockian pastiches. That said, I will make an exception for 'Valhalla.' It is well-written and does not introduce characters or events which are foreign to the milieu of Holmes and Watson, e.g. a wife for Holmes, etc. In the words of one of the Hounds of the Internet, "it is a wonderful tribute to Watson."

If there is one thing I would change if I could, it would be the author's nom de plume, which almost made me flinch from reading the work.

Steve Clarkson

"Morse Hudson," BSI
marylinusca chapter 1 . 11/27/2002
It's quite beautiful. The doctor would be touched by your tribute to him. You are quite right. It is long overdue.

By the way, if you want to read something very silly in the Holmes line, look at .com {You in particular may find a chuckle at Chapter 9 of 'Of Moose and Men' but there are other silly things there too}

-marylinusca
scribe1270 chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
A very entertaining story. Quite a fitting end to Dr. Watson's life. I could almost see him answering his old friends call to be off on another case. Perhaps they'll chase down the Professor again. :-)
NeoStrand chapter 1 . 11/24/2002
*tear, tear*

wonderfully written!

I have a question though: is there more to follow?

*blowing my nose*

anyway, GREAT mood, tone, and everything
Kit Thespian chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
That was very good! That was very sweet and so well-written, but I wonder how Holmes died in your story...

Great writing! :D
Moonrose1 chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
*sobbing hysterically* Lovely! Absolutely lovely! Can't-say-more-to-sad! How... beautiful... and wonderful! You should continue to write, my dear. You are quite good at it.

*runs off crying*
Kenta Divina chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
Wow, excelently written - simply excelent! I wanted to cry and cheer at the same time at the end. You are correct that there is not a lot written about Watson at the end of the line. You have filled that space admirably. Wonderful job!

Keep writing!
jake holmes chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
ahhh! I liked it! So very well written :) The part at the end with Holmes is perfect...
H chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
Dear Skybright Daye, thank you very much for such a piece of art; it was wonderful from the first letter to the last point; beautiful and sweet, sentimental and dramatic - everything one can only wish to find in a story, all combined here; i can tell fully how much i enjoyed it, but i know that i did more than 'very much' :)) thank You...

H.
Ms. Moonstar chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
*Wipes away tears* That was wonderful,yet soooo sad. I love the way you put in details about Watson's last moments on earth. That was sweet having Holmes come back down to lead his friend to heaven *sighs* Wonderful story!
90 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6