Reviews for Elven Song
Rookblonkorules chapter 15 . 3/12
That was a great story! I'm glad that Legolas didn't decided to depart over the seas. You had me worried for quite a while.
Wayward AMP chapter 15 . 2/28/2017
Elven Song by Jocelyn succeeds in delivering a detailed, longer story, which can stand-up to the expectations of both, the Tolkien readers and the Middleearth or LOTR fantasy roleplayers. A mature, darker, and still authentic, believable story about near death experiences, a worthy Elf, the Fellowship and the background world which gave birth to the globally known saga.

If I wouldn't have been a MERP (Middleearth Roleplaying Game) player before, then this story would have made me one.

Splendid work, thanks for sharing it with the world!
MohiniDesai chapter 15 . 2/1/2017
Great story! The whole concept is really cool and interesting. Not to mention that your writing is incredible. I really enjoyed reading this. The only one part that I didn't like as much was Gimli and Legolas's friendship. I feel like he would be much closer to Aragorn, as they have been friends since Aragorn was quite young. Not to mention they have probably been through so much together. Gimli and Legolas wouldn't be quite as close as Aragorn and Legolas. But that is just my personal belief. The story is still very well written, and I would suggest it to anyone.
Mohini Desai
VanyaNoldo22 chapter 15 . 12/31/2016
I. Absolutely. Love. Your. Story! You made my heart nearly stop many times while I was reading. Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful plot.
TimeturnerJasmy chapter 15 . 8/5/2016
It was a mistake to read this story while listening to some of the more melancholic LotR-soundtracks. Not often have I sobbed so hard for so long. Your writing of the characters, as well as the way you still manage to tie a story like this into canon, is simply amazing. I also loved the little details you left here and therethey really breathed life into the story, and it felt so real. I could go on like this for pages, but I'll spare you, and instead, I just want to let you know how deeply I appreciate your writing.
WhistlingWolf chapter 15 . 4/16/2016
This was amazing! And, luckily, it worked out in the end.. you had me worrying for a bit!
Thanks for writing, i am certainly going to check on any other stories you might have! :)
AutumnLeaves03 chapter 15 . 3/25/2016
This story is beautiful! I really thought you had killed Legolas for good, but then he came back! :) :) :) :) :)
Rachelle Lo chapter 15 . 9/29/2015
What a lovely little story with a sweet ending.
patricia.remacova chapter 15 . 9/16/2015
great story! I love character of Thranduil but I would have liked more oh him his thoughts and his feelings towards Legolas.
Stormcutter684 chapter 15 . 7/13/2015
*opens mouth*
*closes it*
*opens mouth*
*closes it*

I ... I'm speechless. No words could ever describe how wonderful and beautiful this story is. I will admit, I was hesitant at first for reading it, because I'm not greatly fond of Character Deaths, especially Legolas', but I was curious. And reading from the reviews, it appears you got great praise.
There's just one thing I've got to mention before I start babbling about how remarkable your story is.
" . . . South Ithilien, most of the warriors went to their beds, but Gandalf the Grey joined Aragorn . . . "
You said 'Gandalf the Grey'. And yet, this is after the War of the Ring, so wouldn't Gandalf be Gandalf the White?
It's just a small insignificant detail/mistake. No biggie!
Anyways, I loved this. There was so much sorrow and angst, after Legolas 'died', why, I almost started crying myself! (Don't tell anyone that, okay?)
And then I was left in bewilderment when Legolas' fëa was left behind in Middle Earth, tormented and hurt by Disa-I-cannot-remember-his-name. It was terrible!
But then ... Legolas lived! He broke free! It was like a miracle and I nearly shouted and jumped for joy on the spot!
And then Legolas going to the Undying Lands? More emotion! More drama!
Need I continue? Your story is, like, the best. There's so much raw power and emotion. I really felt it.
My God, I cannot critique a flawless story. Beautifully written, mellon-nîn. Hannon le, for writing such a stunning and breathtakingly beautiful story.
Guest chapter 13 . 5/28/2015
you named an elf 'fan doll'? man, you are cruel.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/28/2015
sooooooo... nobody came out of that one looking particularly good.
wswpub chapter 15 . 1/9/2015
What an emotional roller coaster this ride was! It was wonderful! Thank you!
Guest chapter 15 . 11/7/2014
Loved this story! Very well done!
Wayward AMP chapter 2 . 9/19/2014
Deliciously villainous... ahem free-spirited I mean. Properly contemplative on the other side of the frontiers' possible mindset, and near-scientifically correct on the size, and risks, of Dark Lord Egos. Actually outstanding, hopefully you consider adaptations to Dragon Age, and other more modern fantasy settings. It was really fun reading it. Star Wars would be another suiting background...