Reviews for nine2five 2,16 Serpent's Tooth
fezzywhigg chapter 4 . 6/1/2015
Okay..I know I've hear/read that "vest" quote before, I just can't place and my Google fu sucks. I hope Carina is alright. Way to play the Norseman scene. Vivian is so much more believable as a baddy with the way you write her. Thanks.
fezzywhigg chapter 3 . 6/1/2015
Cole Barker? 20 kids? where did that come from..hah! Carina, "read between the lines", your Carina is so much fun to read. Thanks.
fezzywhigg chapter 2 . 6/1/2015
Thanks for the return of the Janitors. They are awesome. I love the layers but I'm going to have to go back and read for Chuck's question. Thanks. The A/N are great.
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 5/31/2015
For some reason, perhaps who he is, canon Chuck seemed to have blind spot to Vivian. This will be a fun dance with these two. I wondered why Stephan hadn't contacted Mary yet as well. Great story. Thanks.
Molotov chapter 4 . 12/7/2014
While I greatly enjoyed the Volkff & Chuck chess match psych up from the show, the Chuck & Sarah version is cute.

Hell of a character growth for Carina, realizing there could be more to life than she was allowing. Mighty fucking perceptive advice from Sarah. I don't know if I've ever seen the will they/won't they aspect of the show described better than in this chapter.

So that's interesting. I like that you gave a legit reason for Volkoff to not want to use the Norseman, given that it kills the user. Because as it exists in the show, there's no reason NOT to use it.

And I think I missed when Chuck downloaded Hydra into his Intersect. But that's a damn clever idea.
Arya's prayers chapter 4 . 12/4/2014
Another four part review in one part.
Efficiency - I has it!

-1- I feel for Mary here. And I'm not generally inclined to. She and Stephen deserved even a brief reunion. And I enjoyed Casey finding the other two Bartowskis in a decidedly non-compromising position and referring to them as Bartowski male and Bartowski female. And the dire wolf reference!

-2- That sneaky Vivian! And 'third consumption' - I love your dialogue. It's quite clever I just rarely quote every bit that impresses me. Hartley/Alexi is such an interesting story and illustration of the many ways the Intersect has destroyed lives. I enjoyed the action bits - they do deserve a chopper!

-3- I assume you're referring to Citroens. Most are pretty tiny. Check out the Survolt though! Barker? What's going on here? I mentioned dialogue above but I do love how you can tell a whole scene through dialogue.

"Who is the violent woman?" - giddy at this! And loved the whole Abshir takedown. "Thank you, Mogadishu, and good night!"

Heehee - thanks for the shout out! I've always enjoyed your Carina and I fully support the notion that she has a delightfully gooey centre. Somewhere.

-4- Aww, at the Sarah / Carina convo. But the cold way VV refers to the body that was once her father. (shudder) And someone's onto the Pirahna? Uh, oh!

Didn't see the Contessa going down. Or going down. Nice escape with the grenades (and sideways Star Wars reference!)

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this version of the Norseman!
resaw chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
"Not everybody's smart enough to be scared when they oughtta be." Good line.

Vivian's antipathy toward Hartley is breathtaking.

Mr. Davis...the creator of the Omen virus? No, this is a different Davis, isn't it? Was he someone with whom Carina had a relationship earlier on in your story? I confess to have forgotten.

The sunglasses put on Chuck after the chess game...they were used to get Alexei's persona out of Chuck?

Interesting variation from canon. Vivian seems much more genuinely dangerous in your version, and there is a path toward her "evil" turn that makes more sense to me than canon ever did. Thank you.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
I loved this twist that the Norseman kills both target and user. Please continue.
Molotov chapter 3 . 11/17/2014
These characters have been broken up and at far-flung points of globe for so long, I forgot how good they could banter together.

So it this a random British person named Barker, or Cole Barker from the show, or just totally random like Vivian's Chuck-doppleganger bodyguard from the last 'episode'?

Canasta, huh? I will admit, the actual episode had some of my favorite throwaway lines, like the quality of the buffet (thank you for keeping that in) as well as the choice of Uno for the game of choice. Canasta works as well. It can't always be Deer Hunter-esque games of Russian roulette in these disparate third-world locales, right?
Guest chapter 3 . 11/16/2014
Thanks for the Chapter and I like the Sarah-Carina dynamic as well. Tshdow
CaryR chapter 3 . 11/16/2014
Great Chapter, looking forward to the next.
resaw chapter 3 . 11/16/2014
The Lemon? Citro├źn, correct? Casey continues to treat all things French with disdain, I see. Even to the point of deliberately misinterpreting the name of a French auto manufacturer. Funny stuff.

Score sheets? All I can think of is musical score sheets but it sounds like a conversation about scoring some sort of contest. I'm clued out again... Oh, canasta score sheets? Not that I know anything about that particular game.

Barker!

That is interesting that Becoming has influenced your view of Carina and her relationship to Sarah. It certainly has coloured my view as well.

Very enjoyable chapter. Thanks.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 11/16/2014
I loved this chapter with Sarah being left behind and Carina being Chuck's bodyguard. Please continue.
phnxgrl chapter 2 . 11/12/2014
I loved how everyone is concentrating on the Norseman. I loved how Hydra is a major concern. Please continue.
resaw chapter 2 . 11/10/2014
I was reading along, absorbing the story, and then, this line: "...and wondered what 'deranged' could mean with such a parent." LOL! Just great. Love it.

Well, I'm not sure what to say. I had a bit of a hard time following this one. I got the assault on the Contessa, but what was the other assault about? No doubt something was said earlier in the story that should have clued me in, but I'm feeling clueless at the moment. I'll keep following of course. Thanks for this chapter.