Reviews for Harry Potter and the Gray Lord - On Haitus
Calmzone1 chapter 8 . 6/24
Very interesting. Can't wait to see where you go from here
bassoongirl14 chapter 8 . 4/29/2016
I really love this so far!
phoenix-rob chapter 8 . 3/5/2016
please upload the next chapter. The story is too good to just finish here
Shadow315 chapter 2 . 12/20/2015
I'm sorry, I was looking forward to reading the story but I can't read this - you should fix it.
joharasbel chapter 8 . 9/28/2015
good work
Baahubali chapter 7 . 9/13/2015
If there is one mistake almost every fanfic author makes, it is having Kingsley and Tonks at Dumbledore's back and call since before Harry's first year.

They joined the Order at the beginning of OotP. And Tonks has just joined the Aurors full time then. Unless you want to show that the Order was active all the time and both Kingsley and Tonks were a part of it from the very beginning - it is a major blunder. It especially makes no sense for Tonks, who would be an Auror trainee at this point. Why on earth would a trainee Auror join Dumbledore without the threat of Voldemort hanging on their necks?
Lillaflor chapter 8 . 9/5/2015
A really great fic you wrote here! The story is fresh and interesting, and I've never liked Dumbledore anyway. Eager to read new chapters!
PaC chapter 8 . 7/26/2015
Aaah, did those helpful goblins forget to furnish Harry with the get out of jail card, an emergency portkey?

No surprise with this maddening CLIFFHANGER, I was wondering already, long before the street lights were going out, WHY there was no worry about WHAT to do, if someone came to investigate when "runaway" Harry returned to #4.
Seems very poor planning, to assume Dumbles would see some twirling gadget showing Harry was back, and then DO NOTHING, not pay #4 a visit.

I suppose though, with a HINT about OWNING Grunnings, Harry MIGHT get Vermin and Spitoon-ya to not spill the beans. Though with an evil Dumbles, you've got the problem of legilimency, digging out the truth from the Dursleys.
Why Harry didn't just freaking MOVE to a magical hotel in another nation, beats me. Not like Tonks and Kinglsey would be searching every magical enclave in the entire world.
I suppose if you don't want a good amount or all of Harry's plans burning up. It's either Vernon fears more for his job, than thinking he can sick Dumbles on Harry.
Considering Dumbles is a "big old FREAK", I suppose it's reasonable, Vermin will be caught between a rock and a hard place, and actually "aid" Harry in placating and lying to Dumbles. You've got plenty of fodder and food for thought to swirl inside Vermin's brain. If he complains about Harry's threats and having a wand, it's reasonable Vermin might worry about the past abuse, if not done with Dumbles in the know, or knowing but Vernon not knowing Dumbles knew. So I can see Vermin caught, in begging help with wand carrying and angry freak Harry.
But it would be easy to write all sorts of scenes play out, with Vermin and Spitoon-ya preferring to not reveal being under threat by Harry, considering Harry's reasons, exposes their past abuse of Harry.
Plus, seeking help or aid from Dumbles, that's asking a bigger freak for help with the little freak, the bigger freak who also, DUMPED Harry on their doorstep.
YOU could have it both ways, have the Dursleys' not be legilimized and Dumbles leave.
AND Harry NOT living at #4 a whole damn year.
How about Harry getting help, leaving a simulacrum of himself at #4, that fools Dumbledore's "instruments" enough, then Harry live abroad, Dumbledore not knowing Harry isn't there, at #4?
Even if you are determined to sentence Harry to Hogwarts in another chapter or two, with your evil spider Dumbles there in his Hogwarts web.
Harry ELSEWHERE than his boring room at #4, WOULD be a better more interesting location for the story setting.

FYI: though IGNORED by 94% of fanfics in this sort of pre-Hogwarts scenario. IF Dumbledore is headmaster by the time Harry would attend Hogwarts. Well, Harry the fly, attending the Hogwarts web, with spider-Dumbles in power there, is of course STUPID. Yet ignored by 94% of fanfics with this sort of Dumbles is Harry's enemy scenario. Too lazy to not keep the canon Hogwarts years as crutches and training wheels for their story to copy.

I read 4 or 5 chapters LONG ago, then found the several new additions. I'm not going back and re-reading them.
IF I recall, this fic tried to figleaf over some, the recent years of fanficdom insanity of super subservient, near story front loaded deux ex machina helpful and subservient as house elf goblins. I'd say if I recall it sort of, that this fic was PARTIALLY successful, but any tweaking to make the goblins more self serving and not groveling or overly helpful would help. Pushing not only their help for future business and profit, but making it clear not only how and where their hands are tied, but that some quid pro quo, and Harry being in their debt for their help is going to be a debt Harry owes them for a long time.

LOL, if only your potential super Harry was an instant super-Harry, this can't be beat for an opportunity to get the drop on Dumbles. An already read all his texts up through NEWTS silly super Harry, then could just cast a disarming spell and have both of the wands for your version of the Three Brother's tale... ;~(0)
alice22 chapter 8 . 7/20/2015
Interesting story. I wonder what Dumbles will do and if Harry can protect himself from his "magical guardian"?
Penny is wise chapter 8 . 7/8/2015
Awesome chapter.
Gezellig chapter 8 . 7/4/2015
Nice chapter! Confrontation is always fun; will Harry get more control over his magic before Hogwarts?
jdboss1 chapter 8 . 6/29/2015
Hay i had a email from fanfic saying there was Ch9?

Keep up the good work
TheRavenIs chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
good story, look forward to this
yuiop chapter 8 . 6/26/2015
Nice
Guest chapter 8 . 6/25/2015
love it cant wait for more