Reviews for The Bug In Winter
Groudon202 chapter 10 . 7/11/2010
Wonderfuly done - this Fanfiction is my favorite A Bug's Life Fanfiction (not including my own ones). The only critism I have to make is of the emotion, which was a bit sparse. But at least it was there - only a 1/4 of Fanfictions have it at all, and yours is one of the few that's structured and had meaning.

Also to be acclaimed is the characterisation of the characters that didn't speak in the movie, especially the five ants, the fireflies and Ymri. You thought personalities and names for all of them. I can view this as a TV short based on a Bug's Life (about 30-40 minutes long).

Excellent work, it all paid off. It's no surprise this Fanfiction had been critically aclaimed!
FemaleJester1212 chapter 10 . 4/16/2010
I know how Molt feels about Hopper death. When Molt is sad of his brother's death,it reminds me of the part of the Dreamworks movie Shark Tale when Lenny is grieving over his brother,Frankie and how Frankie died from an anchor while Hopper died from being eaten by a bird. You did a great job,NeitherSparky!
Valerie Phoenixfire chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
I... I... I remember reading this back in 1998. It's still one of my favorite fanfics.
Flikaline Rosalka -old account chapter 11 . 12/4/2008
Very good story!
Spiderlord88 chapter 11 . 8/30/2008
Mentioning Hopper's demise in the summary more or less provides a clue as to what the story is about; we know that the story happens after he died but it's a subtle hint that his death will play a part in the story. I read the story and enjoyed it from beginning to end. The story is brilliant in tying up all the loose ends such as why Molt and the five ants are with the circus, giving said ants, Blip, Flash and Ymri personalities and providing more back story to the characters such as Manny's unorthodox proposal to Gypsy... but the heart of the story really comes from Molt dealing with Hopper's death. It was believable and touching and I could actually hear Richard Kind's voice as I read it. I could hear the voices of all the characters as well. I understand that you originally wanted to base the story solely around Molt but I'm glad that you chose for it to be as much based around everyone else as it is around Molt; this makes it a story around Molt dealing with the death of his brother and the other characters accepting him, and it's better that way.

Well done!
Madame Lady chapter 11 . 8/29/2006
Oh. Em. Gee. I LOVE YOU, SPARKY. ongu r so awsom!1! XD Seriously! So...In character...Interesting...Well-written...Funny...AMAZING. *runs off to read your other fanfics*
buttonlover972 chapter 11 . 6/6/2004
whoo-hoo! this story was so awesome.. it totally relates to everything in the movie, and i wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the sequel to the movie! it's just such a great idea, and something that would really happen in the book.. i also like your portrayal of molt, he is one of the CUTEST characters... and i agree with lady apocalymon... the only grammatical error i could find was that repeatedly the "no one" was spelled "noone" and i do admit it threw me back a bit in my reading... but otherwise i hope you continue to write good stories in the future! keep writing!

buttonlover972 chapter 10 . 6/6/2004
aw... i still feel soo bad for molt, but i'm proud of atta for being so understanding!

buttonlover972 chapter 9 . 6/6/2004
well then, molt pulled through again!

buttonlover972 chapter 8 . 6/6/2004
well, good for molt! this story is getting better and better every chapter!

buttonlover972 chapter 7 . 6/6/2004
whoopee! they've got a plan now... but i feel so sorry for molt.. it seems like no one has ever given him the attention he deserved... :(

buttonlover972 chapter 6 . 6/6/2004
i love the story so far, so filled with emotion!

buttonlover972 chapter 5 . 6/6/2004
this is like a perfect sequel for the movie... it's so descriptive that i can imagine the ants actually doing all of this! next chapter...

buttonlover972 chapter 4 . 6/5/2004
o.. the suspense is killing me! gotta go!

buttonlover972 chapter 3 . 6/5/2004
interesting chappie... you are the expert at adding in even more obstacles and plots in a story... well done! now i've got even more to worry about...