Reviews for The Hogwarts Strike Team
Mastersgtjames chapter 2 . 7/21
I get WHY Harry would not want to practice/use Legillimency. But if he can bring himself to use Dark Magic, he should be able to use that as well.
Mastersgtjames chapter 1 . 7/21
So... Really not a fan of how pro-weasley this story seems to be. I mean, Ron a loyal friend? really? Harry loving Ginny? If you read between the lines it is kinda obvious she love potioned Harry. Especially when she and Molly would force food/drinks on him whenever he started not paying attention to her.
The Weasleys throughout the story/years were suspicious. I mean, too much of their behavior was off. Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

Do not understand why you would not play Harry and Hermione having fallen for each other. Especially with them spending years together. Rather than just having them remain friends while pining for other people who they barely dated.
Caver Floyd chapter 21 . 7/18
Good story. Wish it was still being updated.
kindigo chapter 21 . 7/15
I was extremely surprised to get to the author’s note at the end of this fic that said you’d been getting negative reviews over the turn the last few chapters had taken. For myself, Harry realizing he needed a step back and actually reaching out to Dumbledore and Sirius was refreshing, unique, and, I felt, an excellent movement away from the occlumency-grey, decaying-conscience echo chamber that Harry and Hermione had become. (And this from someone who rather dislikes Sirius and also loves independent-Harry/take-down-Dumbledore stories!)

I’m also very intrigued at the fire and ice dichotomy tha Harry and Hermione were developing. Aside from Harry’s lava spell, he often seemed to have moments where he was unusually hot, or simply strangely Warner than Hermione, who, I didn’t notice her quite as well, possibly had several moments of feeling chills and favored icy wind spells. I wonder if this was related to Harry’s soul healing, but my feeling is that it’s unrelated.

Love the knots in the ley lines thing, and the deep magic concept in general. I’m very attached to the new ways Ron and Neville are growing up. Ginny is annoying the hell out of me; I want to shake her and yell Even if hermione wasn’t in the picture Harry still wouldn’t love you! but that is not necessarily true, lol. It’s good writing on your end because she’s not so unrealistic in her 11 year old jealousy that it’s out of place but just appropriate and in character enough to infuriate and frustrate me on Harry’s behalf! I’m less angry on Hermione’s behalf, because aside from me being pissed at her for not listening to Harry, taking access to his thoughts for granted, and forgetting that trust goes both ways, I’m very angry that she disarmed Harry at the critical moment that allowed Draco to, er, rather more thoroughly disarm him. And Harry didn’t even mention it. Damnit Harry if you won’t feel betrayed by that, then I will feel it for the both of us!

I enjoyed the fic immensely. I can only assume the negative reviews you received were from the type of people who assume that their opinions should shape the way someone else’s writing goes, and that only stories that go exactly the way they like in every aspect have any value. Fanfiction can truly spoil our attitudes in that regard. I’ll be hoping you’re still fighting the good fight out there, and definitely be adding Hogwarts Strike Team to my Rereads list. Thanks for sharing it with us.
blcoachmac chapter 8 . 6/28
Hope you pick this back up! I am reading after you shut it down but this is really good. Make adjustments at the later chapters where you feel you need to, but carry on!
blcoachmac chapter 5 . 6/28
You have a great storyline going!
blcoachmac chapter 21 . 6/26
yes it needs some redirect but overall a good story.
blcoachmac chapter 3 . 6/25
have you thought of revisiting this story? You have a good plot and story line.
blcoachmac chapter 2 . 6/24
Nice work!
Episoidal chapter 2 . 6/6
Minor criticisms:

1. Hermione is apparently far more skilled in every aspect than Harry which doesn't make any sense. Ex: Harry has Auror training, Hermione does not, but yet, it appears that Hermione is more skilled in combat. This is illogical. Academic intelligence does not necessarily correlate to combat intelligence.

2. Why did Harry never learn the 'Memory Palace' technique despite spending many years and months with Hermione? There was no reason given.

3. Why didn't he ever learn Legilimancy? Hermione could have easily and slowly forced Harry to learn the basics of Legilimancy at the very least. I find it ridiculous that the reason in this fic Harry never learned Legilimancy was because of Snape mind-raping him in the past. However, when Hermione does it, which is disturbingly frequently by the way, Harry appears so nonchalant about the matter and welcomes it. The logic doesn't add up here. Note: It doesn't matter if Harry willingly allows Hermione in his mind when she uses legilimancy because I am under the impression that Harry is traumatized from his time with Snape and so, any remote attempt at using Legilimancy on Harry should have freaked him out regardless of who does it. Trauma doesn't erase itself that fast nor is it selective in nature to whom it applies to.
OcheanMyth chapter 3 . 6/5
Wait, what? Suddenly Harry goes from being confident to cocky and running after the troll for no good reason? Nice chapter but wtf?
Dissapointed chapter 1 . 6/2
The idea is nice and the background is very creative. My problem with the story however is the main protagonist. Harry does NOT feel like someone who got through so much. Every time he opens his mouth, he feels like a petulant kid, complaining about everything, being a total git to Hermione who is at least trying to find a solution. Honestly, he is basically Malfoy in this story and that sets me off somewhat fierce. I mean, maybe it could portray their stress and how weary they are after years of trying to save the world but honestly, they are supposed to be the best friends and all I see is two people who do not really like each other in any way working together because they must rather than because they want to. It's not pleasant.
idabridgetselenerose chapter 21 . 6/3
Great story so far, Hope hermione starts healing and Dumbledore is able to help. They still seem in way over their heads. Sucks to see yet another story on this website abandoned just as it gets good/gets into the main part of the story. Its like there is a obsession or fetish with only writing introduction or background then killing off the story losing interest abandoning it etc. Sigh. It just gets annoying when some stories go on and on with little detail or rhyme or reason or actual depth or actual story to them seemingly at all and others stop just when they start getting really good interesting and I start getting invested in them or immersed and want to keep reading to learn what happens.
And it always seems to be the better or more detailed or more relationship focused or the few stories where harry and hermione are close or dating that this happens and the story just stops at some random point unexpectedly.
ColdOnePaul chapter 21 . 5/24
This is a good story. It’s one of the more original time travel stories I have read in a long while. Hopefully you will be able to regain some motivation and continue this story:). I’m following this also.
levesta12345 chapter 21 . 3/31
Really hope you could continue this gem of a story. Great HHr development. Keep up the good work!
1,435 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »