Reviews for No Single Raindrop
AnthonyR89 chapter 10 . 2/20
So, while interedeting overall, i think Liara shows a bit of bias in this. mainly in being too damn forgiving in regards to the Thirty as a whole, just because she's one of them.
AnthonyR89 chapter 4 . 2/19
...Siari as the Force. why?
reluctantuser chapter 10 . 9/16/2017
Man, this world of yours is so detailed. And dark. I like it.

Good to see you again! I hope things are going better now.
Amme92 chapter 10 . 9/16/2017
you know, i don't really have words. how do you show proper appreciation for something when you don't have words. whem something is so amazingly written that you feel like you can reach out and touch it. like it's actually happened. yup no words
RED78910 chapter 10 . 9/16/2017
You know, every time I think I might just be able to feel some semblance of sympathy for your Benezia you update and give us more insight into her warped mind and what machinations it held. No matter how hard I try I just can't see her as anything other then a monster, and while I know in my mind she was more nuanced then that...I just can't change that opinion.

This was another good update. Thank you for continuing this. It really is one of my favorites.
Amme92 chapter 7 . 3/22/2017
this might be one of the most amazing chapters i have ever read. the actions of the thirty was so unexpected, the moment between Aria and Thana brief as it was simply beautiful and honestly i could almost se it infront of me. the last stand, i could almost se it. i almost had to scream. simply amazing. one of the very very few chapters of any fanfiction or book that has seriously touched me. amazing
RED78910 chapter 9 . 12/24/2016
I always love seeing this story updated. It provides such a fascinating insight into your universe and version of the asari that is far more thought out then anything Bioware could ever do.

Very interesting hierarchy the Church had, and also interesting what they did. I must say that I don't know what to make of them. On the one hand it is useless to hate something that, by this point, is apparently already destroyed. And yet I can't help but blame them for inaction and stupidity.

Hindsight may be 20/20, but if there are things I simply can't tolerate, it is Stupidity, Inaction, and Incompetence.

Great work as always.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/20/2016
Athame...keeper of secrets. Ha Warhammer reference
DarthPeezy chapter 8 . 8/15/2016
I don't know why but I always find myself coming back to this. Someone I'll read it all in the space of a single afternoon. Other times, the Asian of a week or more.

This work inspires heights of emotions; from joy to exultation, to amusement and profound realisation; as well as depths of grief and sorrow and anguish, the weight of a lifetime of regrets and glories filling my soul.

This is something truly beautiful. There is cruelty and depravity, hope and kindness, and every enjoy in between. Even now, writing this I think with tears in my eyes the story of the high caste batarian comforting a turian child. This work is important.

Thank you for sharing this experience.
RED78910 chapter 8 . 10/16/2015
An interesting chapter.

Very much liked how you, again, touch on the asari idea of death, and how they feel about it. Very different from most human mindsets, which is of course a positive. I must say I do feel sorry for any being who lives a long life. All the horrors they see. All the death, destruction, and Evil they see.

Also liked how it is said (though not by who said it) that there are really no positives or negatives in life: only things that Are. That at some point there, in all things, there is a line where we stop going by what can be proven and what we all Believe, whether we want to admit it or not.

I found the explanations of Matriarchs as a concept, and how and why they attract followers, to be Very interesting. Thank you for making some sense of that, and actually giving me a way to understand Matriarchal followers. That whole concept has always bothered me, as I honestly see an asari Matriarch as the epitome of Stupidity, Arrogance, and Incompetence, rather then wisdom or experience.

The poem was simply beautiful again, and made it's point. Nothing more could be said about it, it was so great.

The part about cults was fascinating too. I find myself wanting to know more about asari cults now.

Very well done. Keep it up!
RED78910 chapter 7 . 10/14/2015
I want you to know that I read this chapter this morning before going in to work. I thought about it all day, and it took me a while after I got back to come up with Any kind of response. I'll do my best to come up with something useful, but there are times when words fail to describe true beauty.

Because that is what this was. This was Beautiful. This was Touching. This chapter...Moved me emotionally, and that's not easy.

The way you describe the Fall of Thessia, the sheer amount of Horror that will happen/happened there, and the way the Thirty threw themselves at the enemy...words fail me again here.

I...I actually cried thinking about all those people willingly marching into the Valley of Death. Of Ten Thousand beings standing up to the Evil that confronted them and declaring "NO! No we will Not flee! We will Not cower! We will Fight, and Kill, and we may Die, but we will die Fighting you with every fiber of our being! And as our last breath leaves our lungs and the light leaves our eyes, you will know, oh yes, you will Know, that Thessia belongs to US!"

To hear of Aria being reduced to tears in her last encounter with her mother (a person she has probably hated for centuries, and with good cause) speaks more to what happened and the sheer weight of the moment then anything I can possible imagine.

To lose Uressa T'Shora at all also fills me with a Vast amount of grief. She seems to be a truly noble, caring person. A Good person. That's a rare enough thing to be worth mentioning and mourning the loss of.

Those feelings of admiration and respect for what the Thirty did only makes me more conflicted about them, given all their other actions. I suppose I'll just have to give my mind time to process all this before rendering final judgement on them.

The various Oaths are a very interesting bit. Very nicely done fleshing out that aspect of asari culture. Makes sense, given what little we saw of such things with Samara.

Also of course like the continued insight into the asari mindset with the bit about fidelity. It does make a lot of sense, given asari biology and whatnot.

An Amazing update. I'm glad to see you've not finished with this one. Keep it up!
AlexN7 chapter 7 . 10/14/2015
I seriously needed this more positive look at the Thirty after reading your stuff about the asari 'black ops' groups. I was ready to lump them in with the reapers and Collectors. I'm glad they redeem themselves in the end, even if it's not enough to completely remove the stain of their past deeds. I am especially looking forward to learning more about how the protheans manipulated the asari for their own needs and how it may have shaped the Thirty into what they became. You dropped some very interesting bits of info in here and I'm eager to know more.
NPC200 chapter 7 . 10/14/2015
Ohhh the feels are strong with this one. It's sooo good. No idea why I like the emotional stuff but by god I do revel it. I say this as I wipe tears from my eyes. That explains a lot.

Unfortunately you have only whetted my appetite rather then sated my hunger. I shall prepare many sacrifices to hurry your work.

Really liked where you described what was lost, the art, culture, even the walls of the cities. Reminds me of the fall of Rome in a way. Not the final siege but how so much culture, knowledge, and structure was lost. The Reaper invasion will tear the heart out of the galaxy and we won't realize what they've lost for a long time. After all Rome didn't fall in a day.

I'm not sure what to say. I can't really think of any work that is similar to this.

I'm not sure if this chapter is your best work or my bias for glorious last stands is getting to me.

So Aria and Liara going to divide the galaxy between them?

Sorry, this didn't turn out into a coherent as a review as you would expect. Guess I'm a little overwhelmed.

Off-topic:

I bet Jack's prison sentence was paid for by TIM. Seems just like him to stash a useful person in plain sight while everyone else thinks it's someone else with the key.

Another theory, Vigil is a distraction for the Reapers. The other races putting up Insuivan levels of resistance are the real plan.
MrRodent chapter 7 . 10/14/2015
Goddamn Thirty. One hell of a way to go. Can't wait for ME3's story to roll about so we can see the various metal last stands. Although it'll be tough to make everyone memorable in their own way. I just hope us humans don't wimp out in that department. Maybe Maxwell finally shows some German Steel?

I suspect the forceful shearing of the Asari's leadership from them during the Reaper War is probably the catalyst for them eventually merging with the Alliance and becoming a more symbiotic entity.
K-promises-fall chapter 7 . 10/14/2015
Just wanted to say: the more I learn about the Thirty (the bad, the worse, the despicable and now, their last stand) the more I find myself loving them. Maybe my love for asari in general makes me biased, but as governing bodies in the OSABC universe goes, they're my favourite.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »