Reviews for Day They Kidnapped Curry
Kattayl chapter 1 . 4/27
So enjoyed this story. Heyes talking to himself while nursing the kid was perfect and the line up idea ahead of its time. A truly ahead of his time Hannibal Heyes plan
1gin6 chapter 1 . 5/8/2020
I just read this story again. ( have read it several times now). I enjoyed it as much as the first time. What a fix they were in. I just loved Heyes' one sided conversation with Kid, it was so Heyes, I could just hear the tone of voice, I think he was afraid that if he stopped talking, he might lose Kid, couldn't let that happen.
Kathy Knudsen1 chapter 1 . 3/11/2020
Good story. Really enjoyed it
Shade Nightwalker chapter 1 . 5/11/2018
Clever constructed story; a nearly hopeless situation, a lot of traps and tricky solutions.
Especially I liked it how you empathized the equality in the partnership of the boys and how naturally they work together.
But I have to admit, I understood for the first time why people say Heyes talks too much ;-)
Nell McKeon chapter 1 . 3/4/2017
I keep coming back to your story and appreciating it more each time I read it. Beside being a nice mix of action/adventure and hurt/comfort you really illustrated the relationship between Heyes and Curry very well. I especially am fond of Heyes' monologue to the unconscious Curry and the realistic recovery as well as the way the partners show their natural leadership qualities and working relationship, much to the annoyance of the Harper brothers.
Elleree chapter 1 . 6/25/2016
I really enjoy this story. I've gone back to it again and again. I could literally hear Heyes screaming in the shed as they tied Kid to the horse. I loved how the two of them automatically started planning the robbery together and taking control of the gang-even if that had ramifications. Also the scenes with Heyes talking to an unconscious Kid were realistic and quite sweet. It was realistic that Kid took awhile to recover and I love the idea of Heyes and the Kid inventing line ups. Hopefully Lom won't have to use the idea on them again!
Elise Deschat chapter 1 . 5/31/2016
Good story, wondered how they would resolve their problems
Ginger chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
Just wanted to add that I loved the ongoing conversation Heyes had going with Kid, it's very in character for him.
Ginger chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Thank you Ms. Penski for dusting off this extended version and posting it. I enjoyed the shorter version and very much enjoyed the longer one. Great story.
nm131 chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Loved it. Nice pacing throughout the story. Clever man, that Heyes, coming up with a line-up.
aliasfluffyone chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Enjoyed reading. :) favorite.