Reviews for Engastrimyth
andaere chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Whoa! This is new. New, deep, and strangely thrilling. I love the idea, I love the darkness. You have great restraint in your writing, it never feels over-the-top or silly. The words that you use add to the sense of.. creepiness. I can't find quite the word to describe it...

Amazing. Amazing and truly unique. Thank you for that.
a dwarf chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Please warn people that this is slash.
Lucky Larue chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Very interesting. I liked it.
Nez chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
Wow. I... wow. I'm speechless. That was absolutely horrifying, mostly because you made it really feel like it could happen. Amazing job. *applause*
pokey chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
wow, I'm speechless. Beautifully disterbing.
misstook1420 chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
:o That's amazing! *weeps8
Teasel chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
I first read this fic long ago, but since of all your LOTR fics (which are quite wonderful) this is the one that still wakes me up at night, I thought I'd leave a tardy review. Gracious, where to begin. Once the premise of Frodo claiming the Ring is admitted, this is perfectly, flawlessly canonical in that a) it accounts for Tolkien's ending and explains that ending away as a sham, and b) it uses the plot device of the Ring's power to offer some of the best insights into Frodo's character that I've ever seen. He is what he chooses to make happen, and what he chooses to make happen here is heartbreaking: it shows everything that Frodo longed for so desperately but was too self-controlled even to mention before the Ring took control of him.

Besides that, you have Sam's voice down perfectly, your title is extremely clever, and you accomplished all this in 963 words. Wow. (*faints*)
sugahcat chapter 1 . 3/4/2003
What an interesting little story! What if Frodo had taken up the Ring for his own. A fascinating concept. Do you plan on expanding it? It's perfect as a one shot, but my curiousity overwhelms :D
HeatherStacieA chapter 1 . 12/31/2002
Wow this was great. Definatly a unique and different twist from what one would think would happen if Frodo claimed the ring. Please ignore the DUMBASS review by the one guy he obviously is a child and can't understand could writing when he comes across it.

It was very powerful making Sam's self split into two halfs. Great fic. I'll be reading all your stuff now.
Elanor Gardner chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
Breathtaking! Just breathtaking. Beautiful and tragic and unbelievably creative. You have quite a fine mind there - a little twisty, and a bit angry about something/s (?) - but a fine mind and a fine, fine talent. I really like the title - very appropriate. I am speechless. This one could really drive some interesting list discussions I am sure.
EngastriWHAT chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
Wow. What an amazing story. It succeeded in both baffling me and making me hurl. Few can do that... I salute you.

My next point: it sucked. Wow, Frodo goes to the undying lands, gets all his relatives together that wouldn't even BE there to start with, brings them back along with some strange power to make pretty rings and talk through other people's throats. Yea. REAL believable.
brittney chapter 1 . 11/24/2002
I was intrigued from line 1. Very deep. Very good! It makes me wonder- you could start a whole LOTR conspiracy theory type fic with this. Thanks for sharing!
The Evil Old Woman chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
This is so creepy, well-written, and so perfectly in character that I'm willing to forgive all the Canon violations! (Such as ignoring Frodo's inability to use the ring's full potential)

That's a first! Please write more LOTR fan-fic!