|Reviews for Resolution|
| ladiefury chapter 39 . 5/2
I pretty much devoured this fic all day today. Thanks for it. It was a fun read.
| slytherinsal chapter 27 . 4/26
What WILL his father say when he hears about this!
| slytherinsal chapter 4 . 4/25
I tried the Windows compatible Dragon in the hopes of alleviating arthritis, and was not impressed. It has to be trained to your voice and still has problems. ah well!
I wondered if the property in Mayfair was a reference to Monopoly ...
| Hadrian Eveningshade chapter 40 . 4/17
I read this story years ago, but i read again and its still interesting. Good job
| HarnGin chapter 40 . 2/24
I found this story today. I read it straight through. It was riveting. Thank you for sharing it with us. If it weren't 2 in the morning, I'd start reading the sequel immediately.
| Dhea30 chapter 39 . 11/7/2017
I honestly did not know whether someone had told you this before, but your story has always a 'soft' ending. meaning, people won't actually realized that the story is already finished and left baffled and wonder "what? this is the last chapter?". not that it's a bad thing, mind you. at the very least your story also always ended with a concrete resolution (pun not intended with the title, and as such much better than many stories ended with cliffhanger that the writers may or may not 'continue'. anyways! I'm happy you say you are writing the sequel for this story, so I guess now I'm off to read that one!
| Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2017
OMG I’m so happy to hear that! I am visually impaired. And great for chapter by the way :-)
| Phillies2 chapter 21 . 9/19/2017
It is interesting for him to be freed now, it makes me wonder if they will find Barty Crouch and junior when they question him about Sirius. Too bad Petergrew got away
| Scififan33 chapter 4 . 9/13/2017
So what made you decide to give James siblings rather than being an only child as is canon? Interesting so far.
| BrilliantLady chapter 35 . 8/16/2017
It's a great story, but alas, you're right and action scenes aren't proving to be your strong point. They're tough, aren't they? There's nothing wrong with an occasional anticlimactic scene to throw your readers off balance when they're expecting drama, but you're making a bit of a habit of it. You asked your readers for advice, and I'd recommend gritting your teeth and writing out an occasional action scene in detail. Have more than one attack mentioned - make a short list of a few things to include, then flesh it out. Engage multiple senses - write about the sounds of battle and the surrounding environment, the panicked gasps of breath, the smell of decaying leaves in the forest.
Play to your strengths, and write about the character's thoughts and interactions during an action scene - what are they worrying about, how are they feeling? You mentioned in this chapter, for instance, that Harry was coming up with a plan, but didn't bother to detail what it was. He also didn't get to do anything heroic (or even sensible) in this scene, despite all his duelling practice and planning, which is quite a letdown after all the build up. Try and focus more of the limelight on the main protagonist, instead of a secondary character. Best wishes! I hope my advice is of some assistance to you.
| Gracfully chapter 39 . 7/24/2017
:) like it I do
| ClaMiAl chapter 40 . 6/24/2017
Cool story! It was interesting to see Harry open himself up to friendships beyond Ron and Hermione, though it was also a little sad to see the trio...dissolve. Also, Harry's more cautious and independent attitude was satisfying. The story did rather skim over events at some points, but it didn't feel like I was really missing anything. I look forward to the sequel!
| johnapple chapter 40 . 5/25/2017
A most excellent story. Thank you.
| Harmonious Cannons chapter 1 . 5/6/2017
I liked this story!
| FotoDi chapter 40 . 3/21/2017
You know something? I know why you are dissatisfied.
However... I think you are missing the obvious denouement. Dumbles has a track record of dubious reckless decisions that have endangered all the students at Hogwarts which he has gone to great lengths to bury. SHINE A LIGHT ON
(1) A mountain troll was set loose in the castle and Dumbles sent the entire student body away from a secured central area out into unknown danger, divided into 4 smaller groups, and told to return to the Common Rooms, protected by student prefects.
(2) Quirrelmort taught DADA to every student! The Wards?
(3) McGonagall punished 4 11-year-old children by sending them a detention out into the Forbidden Forest at 11PM to search for a unicorn killer, accompanied solely by Hagrid, who cannot carry a wand!
(4) Dumbles set a trap for the disembodied Dark Lord by waving Flammel's Philosopher's Stone around as Bait... using Harry Potter and all the other students as chum.
(5) Dumbledore was more concerned with saving his own fiefdoms than in protecting England's 'magical future'. The Headmaster DID NOT Evacuate Hogwarts even after being given incontrovertible evidence that a large "monster" was hurting the students. (And don't forget allowing a feral colony of Acromantula to nest near the School!?)
(6) Did not engage any of Hogwarts formidable defense countermeasures, even after he had warned about the advent of Grayback by multiple sources. ️
If Harry Potter were to report the crescendo
of danger he and the entire student body had
Been exposed to by the Staff's arguably criminal negligence over the past 3 years at Hogwarts "the safest location in the U.K.", I think that the Wizard Population would rise up in disbelief and burn Dumbles and McGonagal (at the least) at the stake.