Reviews for Resolution
ProfessorJellybean chapter 39 . 12/14/2015
Great story! What happened with the investigation into Dumbledore's punishment? Will that be in the next one?
missgsmith51 chapter 39 . 12/14/2015
Very nice story. I like your style. It kind of reminds me of Neville - low-key, intelligent, enjoyable. I look forward to reading the sequel. Thanks for sharing.
missgsmith51 chapter 38 . 12/14/2015
Your description of Athena's death broke my heart and made me cry. I've held and petted three beloved dogs as they left this world, and all of them took a little piece of my heart with them. There's something about a pet's unconditional love that is special. I think that must be what Athena represented to Harry - the unconditional love of family - even though he'd had her only a short time. Very sad. :,(

I'm glad the kids are fighting what I consider an unfair punishment. I hope they prevail.
missgsmith51 chapter 37 . 12/14/2015
I'm not sure what is happening with Dumbledore. He seems to be losing his ability to think rationally. He knows well and good that Greyback is a predator - a monster and a murderer. IMO, the kids took down a rabid animal who would have continued to destroy lives. Instead of detention, the kids should have received awards for services to the school. Dumbledore disgusts me.

At least McGonagall and Sprout had the decency to look ashamed at Susan's declaration. I wonder what Snape will say to Theo when they are alone.
missgsmith51 chapter 36 . 12/14/2015
So they are going to hide Greyback's death? I wonder if Susan will tell Amelia. (I guess the Aurors weren't called in after all.) I'm always amused when Sirius scolds Harry and anyone else about being reckless, considering that seems to be the way he has lived his life. As bad as it sounds, the kids did try to rally support, but they were left feeling they had no choice but to do what they did. And they did try to use caution. (I think I would have tried to get a gun and use silver bullets.)

I'm glad the kids do have each other to talk to about the whole thing. Perhaps it will help.
missgsmith51 chapter 35 . 12/14/2015
Yeay, Greyback is dead! But what about Padfoot and Remus? And where are the other Werewolves?

I knew Neville was loyal and would get past his fears to back up Harry; and Theo was determined to eliminate this threat to himself and Harry. But who knew Susan would be so bold? I'll bet Amelia has a few strong words for her once the Aurors arrive. Oh, well ... She's now friends with Harry Potter, and you know what that means! I wonder if Ron and Hermione will feel left out, since they weren't included.

I think it's interesting that Dumbledore is once more missing when the school is under threat of attack.
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 12/14/2015
Actually, it's Beedle the Bard. Interesting connection to the Potters. Coincidence? It's hard to say, but given the truth of The Tale of the Three Brothers, I would say you have a fair chance of being right. Perhaps Beedle is a Potter ancestor, and the book of tales is part of the family's history ... under cover, of course.

Now ... Was Theo's theory about Lupin being a werewolf ever pursued? Does Harry know his secret? Did Sirius tell him? If so, is Lupin aware of this? Or did I miss something. (This happens when one reads and posts in the middle of the night. I'm recovering from a serious case of bacterial pneumonia, and the coughing has made sleep impossible tonight, so I'm reading.)
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 12/14/2015
Why was Harry stupid enough to allow Malfoy to dictate the terms? He should have insisted on Professor Flitwick refereeing the duel and having it before the student body. Idiot.
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 12/14/2015
You certainly show Neville in a new light - although I can't say it disagrees with my opinion of him. I've always believed Neville was intelligent but simply did not "parade" his abilities the way Hermione did. Perhaps he doesn't consider himself especially intelligent because the things he knows are things "everybody learns" growing up. But the truth is that he has a good grasp on many aspects of magic and Wizarding culture as well as the ability to make them understandable. Why are these things not taught at Hogwarts? I suppose it is assumed that everyone already knows them.
missgsmith51 chapter 25 . 12/14/2015
"To Harry, however, it was the companionship that really mattered, and by the time they were headed back to London, he couldn't remember the last time he'd felt so content." Harry rarely gets to experience that feeling, so I'm sure he savours it. I had to compare Neville's responses to beating Harry at poker with some I've read of how Ron acts when he beats Harry at chess. Whereas Neville just points out how Occlumency will help Harry monitor his facial "clues," Ron occasionally prefers to brag how he beat the Boy Who Lived at chess.

Neville also expresses genuine concern about Harry's "Greyback problem" and is interested in how Harry is handling it. He truly recognizes that Harry's luck stinks. Ron usually tends to offer a "Gee, that's tough going, mate," before moving along to things that concern himself. Theo's gift reflects true concern for his friend and an effort to give him an edge, should he require it.

I will say that the whole process of getting to Platform 9 and 3/4 and the trip to Hogwarts with Neville seems far more relaxed than crazy, rushed, manic messes the Weasleys always seem to experience, with everyone packing at the last minute, forgetting things, and barely arriving in time to make the train.

I'm glad that Sirius and Cassiopeia were able to convince Harry to drop the Saturday class. He will still learn the information, but it will be tailored to his needs and focused on him. Dropping the class will not only get him out of Malfoy's presence for a few hours but also relieve his overstuffed schedule a bit.
missgsmith51 chapter 24 . 12/14/2015
Well, this Christmas is certainly better than most of Harry's other ones, as there are no Dursleys, no monster waiting around every corner to petrify or kill him, and no turban-wearing fool trying to capture the Philosopher's Stone. Add to that his godfather has finally been exonerated and released from the pit of a hell that is Azkaban and the fact that he's actually WANTED by the people with whom he is spending his time, and Harry should be ecstatic. Perhaps he would have been a year ago; but Harry has changed.

I don't mean that Harry isn't pleased about the good things that have come his way; he's just more wary after all the things that have happened and has begun to look at things a little more critically, I think. For example, he isn't looking at the broom as merely a present but as a possible bribe. It seems cynical, I guess, but hes begun to realize that there are people who want things from him. I'm glad he does seem to like Sirius, though, and hope he can become what Harry needs him to be.
missgsmith51 chapter 22 . 12/13/2015
I'm surprised Dumbledore let Harry go with Neville. That must have been quite a concession for him. I'm sure Gran will have plenty to say to him and possibly teach him about his heritage. It should be interesting.

At least Harry got a warning from Sanguini. I wonder if Harry could ever bring Sanguini's clan into an alliance against Voldemort and the DEs. Is that done among respectable wizards?
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 12/13/2015
I'm glad Harry is finally getting in touch with Amelia. If Sirius is given a trial and cleared, perhaps the two of them can help Harry in his quest to learn his place in the Wizarding world.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 12/13/2015
Well, I think Zacharias is a real stinker, on par with Malfoy. Too bad Michael is also a pill. At least Harry has Theo. Neville's group must be better. Perhaps he and Harry will get to be together next term.

As for Ron any Hermione's beef, I don't see why it's Harry's responsibility to mediate their fights. I think he was on target with what he said. I'm surprised Ron hasn't complained about Harry's cat.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 12/13/2015
"Aunty Amelia will have kittens, to deny the last Potter his legacy, Merlin! What was he thinking? What was anyone thinking?" Oh, I dearly wish Amelia would grab DumDum by the beard and jerk him around a bit. It would do him good. Perhaps she will step up and aid Harry in reaching his goals. She obviously has an understanding of who he is and what is expected of him as the Potter heir.

Justin seems aware of Harry's desire to keep his private business private, even from Ron and Hermione. I have to say I'm surprised that Hermione hasn't yet confronted Harry in her usual way, demanding information about his private life.
1,283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »