Reviews for Remnant's Reclaimer
Guest chapter 2 . 10/19/2020
Why does every fic worth reading has Ruby mutilated in one eye? What is this pirate wanna be trend where she just got to have an eyepatch? Is it just looking cool or what? This trope is annoying.
Junkoposter chapter 30 . 10/16/2020
Shame that this gem died, and on a cliffhanger at that. It was good while it lasted.
Guest chapter 30 . 10/14/2020
Still one of the best fics I ever read. Even years later
Gamma-X chapter 18 . 10/2/2020
Interesting...
trashlover chapter 30 . 9/6/2020
its been years and i still check in on this time to time, a testament to how great this was
nickarn22 chapter 1 . 9/5/2020
I love everything about this fanfic. Really hope you continue this eventually.
sgtitanwolf chapter 30 . 9/3/2020
THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!, no seriously, I prefer this to the original show
Demonicdueler chapter 30 . 8/26/2020
What a great time travel RWBY story. Absolutely worth a read even if it is long dead. The characters all made me laugh multiple times and the darker parts are well written and felt as well.
Wu963 chapter 30 . 8/25/2020
I'm going to put this out here just in case dear author will read this.

I really love the idea for this fic. Time bending is usually fun to read because of the implications it brings with itself, such as young Ruby seeing older Ruby as a mother figure which is both sad and cute to read about.
Older Ruby's romantic situation is actually painful to read in just the best way (masochistic much? [nomostly because it's a situation without any possible outcome that wouldn't be also be hurting one of the three that are in it.
It is a great read, I must admit, although quite short (I usually read blocks of text that are 300k up to 1.2 mln words so...yeah) I've read it about 4 if not 5 times by now and I'd have loved to get a continuation.
Mars5 chapter 30 . 8/23/2020
pleaseeee continue this one day
Last Step chapter 30 . 8/19/2020
It's been so long since the last update, but despite that I keep coming back to reread this fic every now and then in the past 4 years. This has been one of the greatest RWBY Fanfiction Masterpieces I have ever read. No matter how many times I come back, it never gets old. I don't know how you are or where you are, or if you're ever going to continue this story. But I understand that there are many things and many reasons why you will never pick this up again. I hope that you are safe and well, especially in current times. Thank you for writing 'Remnant's Reclaimer'. It's been an amazing experience to follow Rose' journey in your AU.
16JSundberg4 chapter 30 . 8/11/2020
I'm unbelieveably sad that this is the last chapter as of the writing the this message. Even though I didn't support the ships, your writing, the humor, the adult humor especially, all of it had me hooked. Maybe one day you'll pick this up again, I will be waiting eagerly to read.
YohanFushi chapter 1 . 6/28/2020
FOUR YEARS IT HAS BEEN FOUR YEARS THIS IS DEAD
serpentacodex chapter 30 . 6/21/2020
its incredible how different this story is from the current RWBY, yet it stands in its own as an incredible work
AcidPebble chapter 30 . 6/13/2020
Damn Ozpin is being a bitch. Ozpin treats it was if everything is fine and dandy because she went back to a time they hadn't died yet. No, this is not how it works, you fucking idiotic dumbass.

Rose just left a world in which her team, team RWBY, was 8 years older and extremely different people due to the experiences in those 8 years. Experiences shape a person, and those 8 years full of experiences of all kinds, especially those in war, would no doubt have immensely changed them, and turned them into the comrades-in-arms Rose knew and loved.

Soldiers always say that being in a war, fighting and surviving with someone else for extended periods of time, will make deep bonds, unknowable to civilians, it's likely this is much of the same. Rose wasn't friends with the current team RWBY (which also has its own Ruby), a bunch of innocent, naive kids just started on being hunter-trainees. The camaraderie she had with her own team, a group of deadly, experienced, battle-hardened, war veterans she fought with for 8 years was infinitely deeper and unique. By changing this timeline for the better she's making sure the group she laughed, cried, fought, and bled with no longer will exist.

There's also the fact she might very well feel she abandoned her own team when she left. Weiss lost Yang and her arm, and now lost all pillars of emotional support to deal with this when Rose left. Blake, if she survived, will leave from a torture-induced coma only to realize that the person she was planning or starting a relationship with is now missing. She will feel much worse than Weiss and have the same lack of friends.

For all Weiss and Blake know, Rose died when she fought with Cinder, thus making the team only half it's initial members, and both remaining members having lost their loved-ones since although Blake and Rose weren't in a relationship as of yet, it was said to be only because the total war going on wasn't a good time to start the relationship.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised (and to be honest, disappointed), this hasn't been touched on much yet. Besides this chapter (which is likely to be the last), she seems pretty happy about the state of affairs, not thinking too much about the life she lived beforehand and the world she fought and bled to protect, not to mention Yang died for. As far as I remember she doesn't think about what happened to the world she left behind after she left it. Even if she thought she reverted time instead of going to another timeline in the past, she didn't even dwell on it! After fighting so hard and losing so much to a cause, you'd think you'd spend a lot more time thinking about it then she was shown to do!
2,220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »